Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya

+43
HIFI Illiterate
Ren1316
adcomer
dudie-dude
Ryanz
cslim
ARTESUANO
TechMy
STC
rxy
aztoiozalan
JediSavant
wylee
chenht
kychoo99
simontlwong
zenguan
Nil
ryder
leeck
sflam
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
SyriuS
DannyOP
royroy
ambg
Wikin
DrWho
tycham
htkaki
wingman
tlkoo
WongKN
cheehon
kkthen
soonthas
chewkwokhon
alex_kff
chamts1
jokiarch
alfred
uncle_vic
47 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya

Post by uncle_vic Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 am

Unker Jo,

u free anytime this week? I know u will be very busy next week getting ready for the KLIAV 2011!

Evenings could be fine too.

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya

Post by uncle_vic Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 am

So are there anymore audiophiles or music lovers in Setapak? Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cheehon Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 am

uncle vic boring ah?

cheehon

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Yah lor! Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ambg Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Music lover got lah but, audiophiles ...... not even dare to dream of... Embarassed
ambg
ambg
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi ambg,

What if I tell u the group that meet up for yam cha in setapak, has CD collection that cost more than the hifi system, or put it this way the CD collection cost many times more than the hifi system. So u won't be out of place..........we are music lovers too!!! Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Cheehon, not exactly very boring la.......a bit maybe.......i do have visitors every week.............last week Wong from subang jaya, came, never met him b4, apparent he stays in setapak since childhood days, and he still visit his ancestral home in setapak often, so more yumcha often now lor. Then this week Yee from subang jaya came. The 2 of them wong and yee will get together for yumcha in subang jaya more often from now on. Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by royroy Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 pm

uncle vic.. count me in too yum cha tt.....

royroy
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Royroy, for u is after office hours right? Can, can call u. Laughing

btw, reckoned wong kn change the thread title to include everyone in the Klang Valley.

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyOP Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 am

New to this forum, was recommended by htkaki. Hope to join you guys teh and audition session sometime. half of the time I'm in KL/PJ, the other half in Penang.

DannyOP
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 am

To include everyone else from the Klang Valley may post some logistic problem leh! Need better time management than just a smaller locality than just Setapak! Don't know about u guys, the arrangment has its difficulties tied in. Just a thought. Shocked

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 am

Today a hf4sale forummer will meet me after lunch for a music listen session. Apparently his friends recommended he come listen and talk over drinks about music bass contents in music reproduction.

At least I get to indoctrinate the forummers here about bass contents, 1 by 1 & at my own time! Laughing In fact I intend to change the way audiophiles, example Wong KN and Lam Seng Fatt have to think about the role of subwoofer(s) in music repreoduction. Laughing If only they would take the trouble to come for a listen. Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello everyone, pretty new to the forum as well. Was introduced here by my friend, DannyOP. Would love to meet up for auditions as well as any teh tarik sessions for exchanging ideas as well discussions on this poisonous hobby. Location in KL/PJ. Cheers Smile

SyriuS

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DrWho Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Syrius,
For your age, do you wear a pair of hearing aids Laughing
Welcome to the forum.
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

hi DrWho,

I've modified my age a minute after i posted lol. But boy, you are quick!

SyriuS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi SyriuS,

Welcome!

Stay tuned...tentatively, we have a gathering on Sat, 17 Sept. Venue to be confirmed, somewhere in PJ.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Hi-Fi 4 Sale,

Thank you for the warm welcome! Wow, people in these parts are certainly friendly! Can't wait to meet up with you guys...

SyriuS

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi-Fi 4 Sale wrote:Hi SyriuS,

Welcome!

Stay tuned...tentatively, we have a gathering on Sat, 17 Sept. Venue to be confirmed, somewhere in PJ.
I had marked the date Very Happy Need to pass back a priceless CD to Jo too (if he attends too)

Syrius, time to jump into Hi-Fi Razz

Last edited by htkaki on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added sentence.)
htkaki
htkaki

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:04 pm

message received loud and clear, poison-kaki. Wink

SyriuS

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:20 pm

SyriuS wrote:message received loud and clear, poison-kaki. Wink
Embarassed Just trying to get more people into this hi-fi hobby only lah.

When are you to free to come down to Sban again? Mine is only a mini poison den compares to the Ori PJ Poison Den.
htkaki
htkaki

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 pm

uncle vic wrote:
In fact I intend to change the way audiophiles, example Wong KN and Lam Seng Fatt have to think about the role of subwoofer(s) in music repreoduction.

uncle vic

my view is that a full-range speaker shld be able to reproduce all 'hearable' frequencies.

which is why these days i am attracted to the three-way pmc/atc designs. after testing the pmc pb1i, i am now of the view that pmc speakers produce much lower bass than atc.

so the pmc pb1i or the ib2i or mb2i would not require sub-woofers.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

htkaki wrote:
SyriuS wrote:message received loud and clear, poison-kaki. Wink
Embarassed Just trying to get more people into this hi-fi hobby only lah.

When are you to free to come down to Sban again? Mine is only a mini poison den compares to the Ori PJ Poison Den.

will definately make time to drop by your place. in the meantime, lets meet up at the pj gathering Wink

SyriuS

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Syrius, hifi is not only a poisonous hobby but a contagious one too!!!!! The moment u meet another audiophile, u will contract that irreversible feeling of hopelessness and of wanting those gorgeous hardwares and softwares!!! Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

SF Lam, understood what u are saying! Do give me a howler whenever u come by my area. I stay not far from your fellow reviewer's place in Tmn Melawati! Laughing

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SyriuS Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm

uncle_vic wrote:Syrius, hifi is not only a poisonous hobby but a contagious one too!!!!! The moment u meet another audiophile, u will contract that irreversible feeling of hopelessness and of wanting those gorgeous hardwares and softwares!!! Laughing

Uncle_vic,

Yes, so far, i've contracted a mild strain of the hifi virus. But I can feel the virus spreading....

SyriuS

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi SyriuS,

This may drive your blood pressure up............different from virus infections...........

http://h1f1.blogspot.com/2011/08/part-1-as-you-like-it.html

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leeck Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Vic,

Thanks very much for your kind invitation to your place for a listening session on Tuesday afternoon. Its an eye opener to listen to so many subs (10 and still counting) in a music set-up. It is a fantastic experience. I could never imagine that subwoofers would be able to reproduce music faithfully without any distortion especially boomy effect like in most AV systems.

I am so buy-in by the result that I bought a subwoofer immediately in that afternoon to try out on my pair of full range speakers! Still waiting for the arrival of the sub to experiment the new set-up.

Vic,you have done a great job to arrive at this level. I believe the room treatment and the placement of the subs play a big part. And your sound measurement and mathematical calculations seems so foreign to me. We have a local talent in sound management!

Your selection of music in that afternoon is great too. If not of my other appointments, I would like to stay a bit longer.

Will definitely drop by to yumcha with you one of these days when I am around your area.

In the meantime,take very good care of your health. Once again, thanks very much for the eye opening session.

leeck

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi CK Lee, you are welcome. Sure we can have yumcha whenever u are in my area.

The idea of sharing the listening experience with others is to dispel the myth that subwoofer(s) are not cut out for music reproductions. More so that multi subs is just a hopeful wish, that cannot be realised, just wishful thinking and mere hypothesis! In around Malaysia there are already a few persons(mostly elderly uncles) into multi subs configurations. I know of at least 2 of them, who like me had this idea since 20-30 years ago!

Do keep us informed of your progress with the integration of the single sub with your main speakers. It will be another learning experience for many who are interested to go into subwoofers.

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:40 pm

unker-vic,

I want to thank you for giving me 'face' by inviting me. I very much appreciate that. I actually have a bit more experience with subs than I might have explained before, including the use of a subwoofer in my own systems (not A/V but hifi), as well as experiencing the use of subs in some systems which are of very high quality. Nevertheless, the chance to learn new things is always welcomed. My major problem is as what max and COS have found out rather frustratingly is my lack of time. But as the saying goes (from my favourite S/F movie) there are always 'possibilities'.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Wong KN,

Sure thing. Will always accomodate u for that listen session, whenever u can make it. Very Happy

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Too bad the listening session won't materialise anymore.

Crying or Very sad

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nil Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51 pm

That's why Do visit sooner whenever being heartfeltly invited regardless of setup price, don't just verbally and openly promise but never materialize !

I bet everyone will be rushing to audition any very expensive & high end setup even without owner's invitation ! sigh.....

Nil
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by zenguan Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Yaloh, like some so-called sifu promised here but never show up.

zenguan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 am

Wow, I wonder what happened between some of you guys. Look, whatever happened, let it be because I am sure Victor would not want any arguements to happen because of him.

The thing is sometimes things just don't work out the way we expect it to. For e.g. after I thanked him for giving me 'face', Victor actually PM'ed me his personal contact details. I was actually thinking how and whether I would be able to make that visit because I already had other prior 'promises' to keep, like with the Max brothers and also the forthcoming h4s event. Then before I could think of how I should respond to his PM, the very next day, I heard the shocking news. So, things will not necessarily work out the way it is expected to !

So I think to respect Victor, the more important question is to consider that as Victor was practically shouldering the burden of keeping this thread active all by himself, our (admin & I) hope is that someone else could step into his shoes and help keep this thread, at least the KL group, active.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nil Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 am

I don't think many of you know Unc Vic better than some of us do. In fact, Unc V had expressed the disappointments about his sincere invitations being unfulfilled. It's not about the matter of wanting any recognition of his multi-subs setup skills, but it's a matter of the promises to visit never been seriously kept by these civilised heavyweight audiophiles !

Not arguements but facts, enough said.

Last edited by Nil on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Nil
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm

That is true, that is what he told me in his PM. But I think we also need to understand that other people works to their own constraints as well. For e.g. besides me, he invited sflam whom I believe is a very busy person so it might be tough for him to drop everything he has to do the visit immediately. Certainly I was thinking of doing some planning with Victor for a visit sometime in the future, like end of the year. But immediately is out of the question for my case. Victor sounded like the kind of person who would understand this.

Sometimes people do have other things other than hifi for e.g. Or perhaps if they might be deep in fine-tuning their own system so they have a full schedule for the moment ? So without wanting to speak on other's behalf anymore, I say "let it rest". Whatever it is, from my own limited interaction with Victor and via his PM, I believe he was sincere when he was inviting everyone to listen to his system. I sincerely believe everyone who was invited was honoured and probably everyone wanted to make it but in my case it would have been immediately. I do not know what it was with the others because it seemed to me he invited everybody he knew on this forum.

So to me, it is the other question that you guys should think about. Anyone else able to continue on the work Victor started with this thread ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by royroy Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

uncle_vic wrote:Hi Royroy, for u is after office hours right? Can, can call u. Laughing

btw, reckoned wong kn change the thread title to include everyone in the Klang Valley.

okok

royroy
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by zenguan Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 am

Not you and Sflam, honestly.

It's the hypocrite who wants to enhance fame in this forum...!

zenguan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 am

zenguan wrote:Not you and Sflam, honestly.

It's the hypocrite who wants to enhance fame in this forum...!

What's your point?
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:00 pm

No issue. I knew that you guys weren't referring to me or sflam. But I thought I could see some bottled up frustration and even anger cropping up so I thought I will try to highlight other points of view that perhaps has been missed to try to calm things down.

FWIW, I respected and even admired in a way what victor was trying to do because it really is not easy to attempt to hold a group of enthusiasts (i.e. KLANS) together and then especially when he started publicly inviting people to listen to his system, I knew he would be subjecting himself to a lot of emotional stress.

I am VERY familiar with this kind of thing, and not only from this forum. In fact, its not only me, but the admin and other moderators, the NSAG taikos, heck even people who have big reputations, people whom we might think are universally respected, like a famous newspaper reviewer, or the legendary Malaysian BBC master. ALL of us have personal experiences that wreck our hearts, that frustrates us and takes us down. Sometimes we even questions why the hell we should sacrifice our precious time, and in some cases even money, doing things for free if there are ungrateful wretches around. And the kind of story I have heard from people whom on the surface should never encounter the horrible things they describe. Well, this is how our society have evolved.

I understand Victor is not even 60 yet so it is shockingly sad how early he left. I feel that his departure should most importantly teach us a lesson on the value of life and also of humility.

And that what was given to us, can so very very easily be taken away again. Just like that !
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya - Page 2 Empty Hifi kaki around Sri Petaling

Post by simontlwong Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi all there,

Just need to find out is there any hifi kaki near sri petaling, kuchai lama. oug or happy garden.

Wish to meet up for teh tarik.

Thanks

simontlwong

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 pm

simontlwong wrote:Hi all there,

Just need to find out is there any hifi kaki near sri petaling, kuchai lama. oug or happy garden.

Thanks

Kuchai Lama - that the domain of Alfred. U can call him at 016-2186321. He is sitting beside me now, said that you can call him for a TT session.
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Wadia
Amplification: Krell + Mcintosh
Speakers: Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by chenht Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks

I am in Taman Desa:)
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Cary Audio
Amplification: Eletrocompaniet
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks

me located in cheras near tesco tmn midah, linked with sri petaling thereabout areas via kesas, lets fix some good time to catch up!

regards

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_kff Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 am

me from Kajang. every saturday a small group of friend will meet up at jln klang lama for lunch. feel free to join us.....

alex_kff
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm

alex_kff wrote:me from Kajang. every saturday a small group of friend will meet up at jln klang lama for lunch. feel free to join us.....

Hi Alex, which part of old klang road?
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Wadia
Amplification: Krell + Mcintosh
Speakers: Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm

kychoo99 wrote:
alex_kff wrote:me from Kajang. every saturday a small group of friend will meet up at jln klang lama for lunch. feel free to join us.....

Hi Alex, which part of old klang road?

i also want to join!

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by alfred Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:29 pm

hey don't forget me
alfred
alfred
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Character sheet
Source(s): pioneer pd s901 as transport \ denon dcd s10 d/a
Amplification: krell pre / threshold
Speakers: LS 5/12A, Spendor 2/3

Back to top Go down

Post by DrWho Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:51 pm

It is nice to see the audiophiles from Klang Valley are waking up from our slumber, socially wise Wink
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Post by wylee Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Anyone from Subang Jaya, USJ or Putra Heights area?

wylee

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Character sheet
Source(s): Clearaudio Master Solution, Kuzma 4pt, Graham Phantom II, Benz Micro LP, Koetsu Black Goldline, Brinkmann Edison, Marantz SA11-S2
Amplification: ARC ref5Se, Electrocompaniet AW180
Speakers: Thiel 3.7 and SS2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next