Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara

+14
bassraptor
mugenfoo
sflam
VS126
zeebee
car o scope
DrWho
jokiarch
elhefe
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
whwong
JediSavant
fizi
WongKN
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will You Be Able to Make It? 2pm-6pm, Sat 17 Sept 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 Empty Re: Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm

carz wrote:admin,

Thanks for the detailed report. what was the general consensus in sound quality between the various scenarios ?

And was Analog TT better than CAS ?

It was a sharing session. Not everyone hears things the same way. I guess it's best to have some of those who attended share what they experienced individually.

The general consensus, from what I remember was:

• All things being equal, the same tracks sound better played on iTunes/Mac OSX compared to iTunes/Windows 7.
  • The Brik Audio, despite being a lot cheaper than the Wadia, was still enjoyable to listen to in an absolute sense and would make a nice entry-level DAC for this kind of CAS.
  • BitPerfect was generally regarded to improve sound quality with it in place.
  • More people preferred the sound of CD internal transport over the USB input, driven by the Mac Mini/OSX/iTunes/Bit Perfect combo.
There was no comparison made on TT vs CD, as there were no identical albums/tracks available.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 Empty Re: Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 am

carz wrote:admin,

And was Analog TT better than CAS ?

Can I answer this? YES. What is CAS again??? Hheheheh.

But the truth, its only YES for today. In 10 years time, CAS may be at its peak where it can offer better SQ than analog TT.

One we did agree was that CAS now is just a beginning compared to LP which already matured.

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:31 am

There are also some write ups in hifi-unlimted and hifi-avenue blogs... with pictures...

My little venture with the TT that day was also commented hahahaha.

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 am

Another review in The Star...

http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/2011/10/3/afnews/9573538&sec=afnews

by you know who...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyicon Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Last edited by jimmyicon on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimmyicon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Character sheet
Source(s): manufacturer
Amplification: yes
Speakers: yes

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Hi-Fi 4 Sale event - 2pm-6pm Saturday 17 September 2011, CMY Audio, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara - Page 3 Empty Uuuuu

Post by jimmyicon Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Iiiiiii

Last edited by jimmyicon on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimmyicon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Character sheet
Source(s): manufacturer
Amplification: yes
Speakers: yes

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:08 pm

This section is ONLY for OUR (HiFi4Sale) announcements, not for dealer's use. You have to use the other forums created for your use which I mentioned before earlier above. THIS THREAD itself was originally for the announcement of a HiFi4sale event and is now kept open for members discussion of the event. So when you post here, you are actually disobeying forum regulations. We are usually very tolerant of this as we understand not all newcomers will know all our rules and regulations. But having now explained to you, it is hoped and expected that you will now understand and work to the forum rules and regulations. It is if you continue to break those rules that you will get banned. I think your intentions are sincere so I hope you do understand what I have explained and you are welcomed to continue to participate in this forum. But please you MUST obey our rules and regulations because we cannot make any exceptions.

Thanks !
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3