Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used)

5 posters

Go down

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Empty NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used)

Post by sollehah Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:07 am

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla18

Special!
NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla16

Special!
NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla15

Special!
NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla14

Specially upgraded...
NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla11

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) 185629161_o
NHT Absolute Zero Speakers - Gloss Black Beauties

NHT is a leading NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) 233717026_o US loudspeaker company producing high-end equipment with an emphasis on performance.

(This is one of our U.S. imports. Read the history behind it and find out why they are special.)

Up for sale is an incredible deal on a pair of almost new NHT Absolute Zero loudspeaker finished in black gloss lacquer with a jet-black removable grille. These NHT Absolute Zeros were purchased new within the past 2 years or so and used sparingly as front speakers in a Home Theater system, with a subwoofer (They have not been played at full range.)

They sounded excellent out of the box. After about six months, however, the owner’s father-in-law (a retired engineer and audiophile with 30+ years of building/modifying speakers, pre-amps, amps, etc.) modified them by switching out the capacitors with some audiophile-level capacitors (same value) he ordered (He believes the ones installed were Dayton’s high-end, low tolerance capacitors.)

He also added internal silver-plated copper wiring to the already-existing internal speaker wire (if owner recalls correctly, he believes he had a particular audiophile and/or engineering-related reason for adding additional high-end wire to what was already inside the speakers, rather than simply replacing the existing wire.)

The change to the sound of the speakers following the upgrades was nothing short of HUGE. The sound was more open, the soundstage was larger and far wider, the highs were more refined (they were good before, but the upgrades made them significantly better), and the speakers did a much better job of “disappearing” into the background and blending into the overall sound stage.

The owner didn’t use these speakers full-time in his home theater setup. They shared time with the Monitor Audios, the NHT SuperZeros (the white ones). Once they were modified, from the owner’s perspective they were on par with the Monitor Audios (the Monitors were better at carefully defining where the musicians and instruments were in the overall sound stage and had a deeper overall sound stage, but the NHTs had a much wider soundstage and were a bit easier to listen to.

The NHT Absolute Zero is part of the NHT Classic line. The largest speaker in that line, the Classic Three, was featured in an article in The Absolute Sound referring to it as the best speaker under US$1,000. Stereophile rated the Classic Three in Class C, putting it in some pretty impressive company.

The engineer and audiophile who upgraded these speakers has the Classic Threes and did the same upgrades to his speakers that he did to the Absolute Zeros. When they compared them, they both had very similar impressions: The Classic Threes had a fuller midrange (not surprising, given that the Classic Three is a three-way speaker with a separate midrange driver) and a larger overall soundstage. The Absolute Zeros did a better job “disappearing” into the sound stage. Overall, the sound of the modified Absolute Zeros was very similar to the modified Classic Threes, and we were both astounded at how good these little speakers sounded. Neither of us could think of another speaker under US$500/pair that we thought could best these upgraded Absolute Zeros.

When these speakers were purchased new, they were US$400/pair retail, but he paid less (exactly how much I can’t recall.) They now have a MSRP of US$460/pair.

Don’t let the NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) 179663678_o Absolute Zero’s compact size (9.75” h x 5.625” w x 7.25” d) fool you; it produces studio accurate sound regardless of whether you’re listening to music or your favorite blockbuster movie.

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Nhtcla19

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) 179663678_o Manufacturers Specifications:

System Type Bookshelf speaker

Configuration 2-way acoustic suspension design

Woofer 5.25” polypropylene cone

Tweeter 1” aluminum dome

Frequency Response 71Hz-20kHz

Crossover Frequency 3 kHz

Crossover Slopes 18dB LP, 18dB HP

Sensitivity 86dB (2.83v@1m)

Impedance 6 ohms nominal

Inputs 2 each professional grade, nickel plated 5-way binding posts

Dimensions 9.75" x 5.625" x 7.25" (H x W x D)

Weight 8 lbs./3.6 kg each. (Shipping weight 11 lbs.)

Finish High Gloss Black

Enter the address below for the Absolute Zero’s owners manual: http://nhthifi.com/current/manuals/current/classic/Abzero-two-Manual.pdf

Please refer to the address below for the Absolute Zero brochure: http://nhthifi.com/current/brochures/Classic/NHT-absolute_zero.pdf

Check my feedback on Audiogon.com, eBay.com & Lelong.com.my and buy with complete confidence. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions (Call or SMS). Thanks for your interest!
http://www.lelong.com.my/auc/Feedback/UserRating.asp?UserID=sollehah@1

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) 281839383_o

Selling: RM2,150 for this NHT internally modified/upgraded version. Only one of a kind modified in U.S. (by a retired engineer and audiophile with 30+ years of building/modifying speakers, pre-amps, amps, etc.),
and now is available in Malaysia for sale to anyone interested to own them.

Seller's Preference: Email me rjzarina@yahoo.com for inquiry or SMS/Call 019-3464456 for an immediate response as I prefer this way to communicate with genuine potential buyer.
I believe if someone is keen enough to purchase them will make an effort to call or SMS me in order to deal. I won’t respond to any queries on hifi4sale forum.

Visit my Lelong Store:
NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Vms
25,957 visitors since 28 November 2006

View Seller's other items on eBay: NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) IconsStores_16x16Sollehah's e-STORE
sollehah
sollehah
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.lelong.com.my/merchant/default.asp?userid=sollehah

Back to top Go down

NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used) Empty Re: NHT Absolute Zero speakers (Used)

Post by AbdulH Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 pm

http://www.amazon.com/NHT-N-AZB-Absolute-Speaker-Black/dp/B000BYNP7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246424605&sr=8-1

AbdulH

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by - br@d - Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Big profit margin. If claim tax, ask to see tax payment slip.

- br@d -
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by AbdulH Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 pm

NHT Absolute Zero Speakers X 2 = about 300 USD; 2-years old used - say 200 USD

Dayton "high-end" capacitors = about 5 USD see http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?PartNumber=027-226

Silver-coated copper wire (?) say about 5 USD

Total worth = 210 USD = RM 750. Let's say shipping = RM 400

Profit = 85%+!!!

Last edited by AbdulH on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

AbdulH

Back to top Go down

Post by sollehah Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Dear Admin

I refer to the thread NHT Absolute Zero speakers (used).

I am trying to make this site an interesting one for members to view with many hi-fi components and accessories to choose and buy from. For those who can’t afford, at least they can enjoy browsing the items listed for sale or on offer. They will gain a lot of knowledge when they read some good write-ups about certain hifi equipment or accessories.

However there are members who are not happy with certain seller like us or have certain grudges against us and have been trying their best to run us down by jumping into the forum and making unwelcome remarks eg. in the thread NHT Absolute Zero speakers (used).

This new member, AbdulH, who just registered today as a member jumped in twice to run us down.

We believe that this guy AbdulH

is actually an old/regular member who registered with a new member ID, just to get at us.

Normally a new guy/member when they visit this wonderful site, will be amazed at the many hifi & AV things on sale in their country, and will be busy browsing every item, pictures, etc. On their first day as new members, they won’t be resorting to attacking a senior member on the site, nor resorting to anything negative as they are still not aware of the site's rules & regulations.

But this supposedly “new member” took trouble to do research to find every ammunation to attack me.

He does not know that authorized NHT dealer in Malaysia A&L Audio Station, Sg.Wang Plaza , KL, is selling this speaker model for close to RM2,000.00 a pair. You can call them at this number 03-22829884 to confirm this.

Mine is a specially upgraded version by a very qualified audio engineer in U.S. Surely there are extra costs involved inclusive of professional fees (if you would take that into account), hence the higher price tag.

The shipping cost to bring the speakers from U.S. was US$75.00 for each box of speaker. Hence for 2 boxes, I paid US$150.00 or equivalent to RM540.00 (at exchange rate of 3.6 at that time). Also there were Customs import tax of around 15% plus 10% on the total value of the speakers and the shipping charges to boot. Meaning Customs will total up the value of the speakers and the shipping charges, then only will they tax you from that total sum. So can you imagine how much we paid for the import tax!

Therefore compared to the price on Amazon online store where we have a NHT dealer here selling this speaker at close to RM2,000.00 and without even taking into account the expensive shipping cost from U.S. and Customs import tax, is just being unfair and vindictive.

Through past experience, all hifi4sale members who have bought from us did bargain on the selling price. Our price is negotiable as long as it does not come too near to our cost. As any businessman, we do expect a reasonable return on our $$$ investment.

I sincerely hope that you would exert some control as this member/person, AbdulH, is exploiting the equal ground that is available to any member to post anything on this site.

Your action is much appreciated.

Thank you for listening to my side of the story.

Zarina (sollehah)
sollehah
sollehah

Back to top Go down

Post by AbdulH Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 am

Zarina (sollehah)

My apologies if I have offended you.

Actually I have never commented before on your posts.

You are right - I registered today to comment on this particular item. The reason is not vindictiveness. It is simply because I am one of those people who spend a lot of time browsing the Internet but usually too lazy to remember user id+password especially for time-pass sites (of course I remember for my online bank a/c lah but not for casual forums). For this site, I had auto-login enabled but since I cleared my cache it was wiped out and I had no choice but to register again.

I have nothing against you - in fact when I read your post I really liked the pictures of the product and of course the first thing I did was to do a google search for NHT Abosolute Zero and the second result was the Amazon result with price of $146.

If you want me to delete the information I posted I will do so. But I think there is some interesting facts in the above three posts - for example why Malaysia price is so high - almost 4 times Amazon price. Normally not so much difference for electronics, etc. Maybe for super-heavy items like Treadmill, etc. Good point to discuss.

AbdulH

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 am

AbdulH, dont think twice. Just delete. Your comments are not welcome.

1. You have taken absolutely no time to engage in actual facts. You are estimating and assuming based on internet prices which in no way reflect what is being sold here in malaysia.

2. If you cannot even be bothered to remember your user id. then i personally feel it is unwaranted for you to comment on any topic.

3. any user that feels prices are high - dont buy. But please dont try to publically engage in demonstrating your superior knowledge. No one is forcing you into making a purchase. If you feel that "parts express" OR "amazon" can get you a better deal, BUY from them, and continue on your way.

I have no ties with the seller, but i get irritated when i see postings like yours. I hope the admin will conceed that it is both unwarranted and innapropriate for comments like this. I firmly believe the principal nature of this site is to allow willing buyers + sellers to engage in hifi-sales-purchase.

Regards

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sollehah Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:35 am

Thank you dheensay for your comment. I'm sure in your heart you want this site to be a good marketplace where every hifi and AV enthusiast can trade happily - buyers & sellers alike.

AbdulH, you have asked us whether to delete your postings or not, the answer is YES!

Especially on the links because it is just like telling everybody in this forum “Hay, lets go to Amazon and buy NHT Absolute Zero speakers there because they are cheaper compared to Malaysia.”

But the most important thing that you didn’t tell these people is:-

“however there are other direct, indirect or hidden costs incurred, and also hidden high risk involved. You guys have to pay for the…”

• Capital investment i.e. price of the NHT speakers.
  • Shipping cost from the U.S. - for these heavy speakers it came to US$150.00 or equivalent to RM540.00 our money. Shipping charges not only based on the weight of the shipping box but also the measurement or size of the box. This is the amount which I've paid United States Postal Service (USPS) to ship the NHT speakers to Malaysia.
  • Customs import tax - the Malaysian Customs not only tax on the imported goods but they also tax you on the shipping charges as well. Basically they will total up the value of the goods and shipping charges (which is clearly printed on the package e.g. US$150.00), then only they tax you on the total sum. In other words, tax not only applicable on the imported goods but also on their shipping costs as well. Imagine that I've to pay tax on the shipping cost of RM540, besides the tax on the NHT Absolute Zero speakers at the KLIA Customs checkpoint.
  • Indirect cost - I have to drive all the way to KLIA Cargo Customs checkpoint (opposite Air Asia terminal) to collect the NHT speakers and paid Customs tax. My petrol money to and fro from P.J. to KLIA Cargo and toll charges came to RM60. This doesn’t take account the hassle driving to and fro for 2 long hours, and facing the Customs officers checking your consignment, asking you a lot of questions like where is your sales invoice, so on and so forth. So basically at the end of the day the buyers/customers are also paying for all these services as well.
  • Hidden risk – not surprisingly sometime when I opened the boxes, I noticed the speakers were dented or the tweeters were broken due to mishandling of consignment by airport staff in U.S. and in Malaysia. If you look closely at the KLIA Cargo airport terminal you can see airport staff will just throw the boxes onto the ground, then what will happen to the speakers inside the boxes? If damaged, what will happen to your investment and all the trouble you have undertaken to import them personally? It will be a complete total frustration and anger!
  • Let say if everything turns out O.K., at the end of the day, may be your total expenditure is a bit less than what A&L Audio Station, KL, is selling (RM1, 850.00 – RM1, 950.00); you will still get the standard non-upgraded model. But ours is a fully upgraded version done by a qualified audio engineer with 30 years of experience. Don’t think that you can simply buy any audio capacitors or silver-plated cables from Parts-Express.com and do the upgrading yourself, because you don’t know what capacitors and internal wires to change. In our case, the experience U.S. audio engineer has also done a very good job in fine tuned the sound using selected brand and size of audio capacitors in replacing the original ones. Surely there should be some professional fees involved, hence the higher price tag for this upgraded version. Even one forumer has pointed out that it will easily cost him RM500 to upgrade his Marantz CD player. Meaning to say, any upgrades on hifi components - speakers, CD players, amps, etc. - would definitely cost extra as nothing is free.

Therefore I see no point in discussing why the price of speakers in Malaysia are higher than in overseas market, or why A&L Audio Station is selling the pair for close to RM2,000.00 compared to U.S. market which is cheaper. With all these info given above, do your maths properly, AbdulH!

Finally, my advice to hifi4sale member, -Br@d-, please don’t jump into our forum “naked” (bcoz you'll be f@@k) as you do not know what the hell you are talking about. No hi-fi dealer in the world would want to show their purchase invoice or Customs payment receipt to anyone especially to their buyers/customers. Get that?

This is the main reason why we refrain ourselves from engaging in forums like this, not until hifi4sale forumers (not all) have the right attitude and mind set. As for now, whoever is interested to buy anything from us here, please do not hesitate to call or SMS me as my staff and I won't answer to any queries or remarks made in this forum. However only under certain special circumstances, we do have to respond because some of the remarks made are quite damaging to our sales or reputation.

Regards,

Azlan
Sales Manager for sollehah online sales/e-Store
All SMSs/Calls for 019-3464456 will be directed to me.
In future, call/SMS me directly for any inquiries as I will immediately answer your calls or SMSs if I’m not sleeping or praying inside the mosque. Thank you for your time. Cheers!

Last edited by sollehah on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
sollehah
sollehah

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 am

AbdulH wrote:NHT Absolute Zero Speakers = about 150 USD; 2-years old used - say 90 USD

Dayton "high-end" capacitors = about 5 USD see http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?PartNumber=027-226

Silver-coated copper wire (?) say about 5 USD

Total worth = 100 USD = RM 360. Let's say Malaysia price worth double = RM 700

Profit = 200%++ !!!

AbdulH, firstly thanks for the research.
However, the price you see on Amazon is only for 1 speaker, not a pair. Check it out under the "Technical Details" section:
Technical Details

• Tweeter- 0.75 Fluid Cooled Aluminum Dome With Neodymium Magnet Structure / Woofer- 5.25 Polypropylene / Video Shielded
  • Frequency Response 71Hz-20kHz / Sensitivity 86dB (2.83v@1m) / Impedance 6 ohms Nominal
  • Dimensions (WxHxD) - 5.625 x 9.75 x 7.25 inches (143mm x 248mm x 185mm) / Weight - 8 lbs / 3.6kg
  • Sold as Single Speaker, Two required to make a Pair

Thanks,
Moses

Moses

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AbdulH Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Sollehah & Dheensay

>>Your comments are not welcome.
Who asked you whether my comments are welcome or not? Who gave you the authority to decide whether the 100's of forumers welcome someone's comments or not?

>>You have taken absolutely no time to engage in actual facts.
Actually you couldn't be more wrong - I have taken time to engage in actual facts. What I have stated is facts and nothing but facts. You can bring another point of view based on other facts or new facts - this is called two-way communication. Unfortunately we Malaysians are not so good at two-way communication as we are always used to "bosses" telling us what to think and how to behave.

>> ...internet prices which in no way reflect what is being sold here in malaysia.
Again you couldn't be more wrong. As we statisticians would put it - internet prices, especially Amazon prices, have a very strong correlation to Malaysia prices. Here's a lesson for you in comparative research - take 10 items at random - watches, books, laptop computer, jewelry, etc. - check prices on Amazon and check prices for same brand item in Malaysia. You will find that Malaysia prices are + or - 25% in every case.

>>If you cannot even be bothered to remember your user id. then i >>personally feel it is unwaranted for you to comment on any topic.
You can take your personal feelings and stuff them. It's my wish if I forget my user id or not, it has got nothing to do my ability to comment. Problem with Malaysia seems to be that everyone thinks they are dictators - especially when it comes to other's opinion which are different from your own.

>>any user that feels prices are high - dont buy. But please dont try to >>publically engage in demonstrating your superior knowledge.
Why not? All forms of human communication are an attempt to convey some sort of message and demonstrating superior knowledge is a valid form of human communication. Don't have this kiasu attitude where you want to keep others down.

>> No one is forcing you into making a purchase.
Did I say someone is forcing me to make a purchase?

>> If you feel that "parts express" OR "amazon" can get you a better deal, >> BUY from them, and continue on your way.
Let's say you and your friends are discussing about buying shoes. One fellow tells your friend that he can sell him his old Bata shoes for RM 500. Based on your "superior knowledge" you tell your friend that he can buy new Bata shoes for RM 400 at a Bata store. How would you feel if someone told you "If you feel you can get a Bata shoe for RM 400, go and buy and continue on your way". See how arrogant and useless your statement above is?

>> I have no ties with the seller
Really? Wink

>>but i get irritated when i see postings like yours.
Hmm...maybe your problem is you are not able to tolerate others opinion. Get an education in democracy and free speech and try and become a better, more tolerant human being.

sollehah - you have wasted a lot your time writing about the cons of buying online. Basic problem - at no time did I advocate buying from Amazon or the internet. My post was just for information about the existing pricing for a brand new NHT speaker in US. Potential buyers are intelligent enough to make their decisions/ take-out from information posted - no need to insult their intelligence.

Instead of the vehemence of your counter-argument maybe you could have provided more intelligent reasons for people to buy your wares. These paragraphs indicate a lack of respect for readers' intelligence:

"He believes the ones installed were Dayton’s high-end, low tolerance capacitors."

"if owner recalls correctly, he believes he had a particular audiophile and/or engineering-related reason for adding additional high-end wire to what was already inside the speakers, rather than simply replacing the existing wire"

And finally, your statement below - do you think you own the forum? Who are you to tell other whether they should or should not jump into the forum? And about your threat to -Br@d, some advice - you need balls to f@@k, which you don't have.

...my advice to hifi4sale member, -Br@d-, please don’t jump into our forum “naked” (bcoz you'll be f@@k)...

AbdulH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down