Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

APC Line-R 1200 AVR & Belkin 8-Socket Conceal Surge Protector - User Review

Go down

APC Line-R 1200 AVR & Belkin 8-Socket Conceal Surge Protector - User Review Empty APC Line-R 1200 AVR & Belkin 8-Socket Conceal Surge Protector - User Review

Post by alamdamai1 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm

just to share my experience in using this automatic voltage regulator product..when it was connected to my amp, bass had badly deteriorated but mids and highs had improved only a little bit...surprisingly my soundstage was a little bit more open compared to not using the avr... Question

then decided to unplug the avr and connect it to a nearby socket which is feeding my modem, router, NAS, dect phone, desktop PC and astro unit which uses switching power supplies for most of them...

walah, now my tv & hifi system (which are connected to another nearby wall socket) performance have improved...for the tv, colour is now more deeper, edges are more sharper..for my hifi setup, their sound are now more detailed and organic (ie. accurate)..

this is probably due to the avr in- built emi filter which most likely gave a similar effect like using an Isotek Neoplug when connected to a nearby socket to our hifi equipments..ie. SN ratio is now closer to design output due to lower noise floor... Idea

later on, got the Belkin Conceal Surge Protector (which has EMI noise reduction rating upto 70dB) and got it to feed to my hifi setup...wow...further improvement were observed with better low bass response and more detailed sounds...however, soundstage somehow did not show any changes which also the same for the tv where its visuals is more less also remains the same..

in summary, its really worthwhile getting some emi filter products for our tv and hifi system which can obtained for less than $RM500.. cheers

Last edited by alamdamai1 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added User Review to Title Heading)

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down