Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Spotify vs Tidal quality

3 posters

Go down

Spotify vs Tidal quality Empty Spotify vs Tidal quality

Post by thang88 Sun May 03, 2015 5:57 pm

Would like to compare feedback from fellow members who has tried the Tidal hi fi quality subscription vs Spotify premium. I listen to both through my IPhone/iPad connected through the Marantz CD6004 usb direct input and output to Rega Brio R amp and Sonus Faber Viniere 1.5 speakers. As the hype for Tidal was on full lossless playback and being 3 times the capacity of Spotify premium bits wise, I was expecting a drastic improvement in sonic quality but having done a few side by side comparison of similar albums from these 2 providers.......its not so much a day and night difference. Yes....Tidal seems to sound fuller and can play louder but since I mostly listen at 9- 10 am volume control, it's a hard pressed comparison. Anyone have any comments on their experience or suggestions for my equipment? I must add that I have been enjoying a lot of music from Spotify thru my hi-fi so far.

thang88

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Spotify vs Tidal quality Empty Re: Spotify vs Tidal quality

Post by shuto1 Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:44 am

I subscribe to both as I find both has its own benefits. Spotify is awesome for music discovery, Tidal I find the sound quality as good as my FLAC files on my computer. 

I will continue to subscribe to Tidal. I feel the sound quality increase vs Spotify Premium is there and justifiable. Naturally, the better your system, the more of a difference you will hear. I can only bear with Spotify Premium via IEM or my secondary hifi setup. It is painful to listen to through my main hifi setup. The lossy sound is just too obvious.

shuto1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by leecalkin Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:00 am

I listen to both, Spotify premum UI is fantastic, Tidal Hifi UI is awful. Sound wise it depends on your equipment, the better the equipment the better the sound from Tidal Hifi.

leecalkin
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Character sheet
Source(s): Apple Airport Express & MF V90 DAC
Amplification: Quad
Speakers: Harbeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content