Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length

2 posters

Go down

Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length Empty Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length

Post by travellersolo Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 am

Dear Moderators,

I am a new member to hifi4sale.net, and I really love this place, I think this is the best site for HIFi equipment buying/selling, as well as discussion forum, much better than lowyat.

However, there is one short coming in your Search function: I found that the search field can only accept terms longer than 3 characters, anything less, the returned result will be empty, so terms like JVC, AMC, NAD, will get 0 results. This is quite frustrating for people like me who happen to be always in need of searching those brands.

I wish you guys can do something about this, then, this site would be heaven!

Warmest regards.

Last edited by travellersolo on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to tick "notify me")

travellersolo
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length Empty Re: Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:09 am

Hi travellersolo,

Yes, someone has brought this up before. Unfortunately, the standard built-in search engine has its limitations.

Fear not though, right below the search box, if you were to select 'Google' and insert keywords such as NAD, JVC and other 3-letter words/acronyms, you would get an almost perfect search of the site. That Google search limits the search results to within the hifi4sale.net domain.

Cheers,
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length Empty Re: Why Search Field Limits to 3 Characters Length

Post by travellersolo Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 am

Dear Moderator,

Thank you, it works now!

Cheers.

travellersolo
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down