Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Online/web CD retail

+4
tlkoo
tycham
cmboy
llsaw
8 posters

Go down

Online/web CD retail Empty Online/web CD retail

Post by llsaw Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Let me start a new thread on this. Which web mail order facilities do you use? I'm using Amazon UK (cheaper shipping than US), HMV (their once in a while sale items are pretty decent) and CDWOW (free shipping) but contemporary jazz from the likes of ECM label are very expensive. Any good/decent alternatives?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Online/web CD retail Empty Re: Online/web CD retail

Post by cmboy Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Depends on what music you're looking for. Can't be ordering a new Bee Gees album from Hong Kong innit?
I still think HK is still the place to find Asian Chinese music. Buddy told me, the big cities (not Beijing) you can find whatever..HUGE selection but you must be there.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 pm

llsaw wrote: but contemporary jazz from the likes of ECM label are very expensive. Any good/decent alternatives?

Yes, high definition music files download. No shipping involved and it's cheaper than CD.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=browse_music&type=label&id=130
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:52 pm

tycham wrote:
llsaw wrote: but contemporary jazz from the likes of ECM label are very expensive. Any good/decent alternatives?

Yes, high definition music files download. No shipping involved and it's cheaper than CD.

[url=https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=browse_music&type=label&id=130
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=browse_music&type=label&id=130[/quote[/url]]

Not downloads at this point of time. I'm still for CDs..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm

I do download albums but strictly for evaluation only. If it suits me, I'll buy the original for sure later on from somewhere. I'm all for ori albums, nothing less unless evaluation.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 am

llsaw wrote:Let me start a new thread on this. Which web mail order facilities do you use? I'm using Amazon UK (cheaper shipping than US), HMV (their once in a while sale items are pretty decent) and CDWOW (free shipping) but contemporary jazz from the likes of ECM label are very expensive. Any good/decent alternatives?

lots of thanks for some insights of online purchases
whilst i have never experienced any online purchase as mentioned, i only have experienced auctions and buy-it-now purchases in ebay, so far so good Online/web CD retail Icon_smile

care to brief on some watch-out points e.g. minimum cd to buy to render handling/shipping charges cost-effective, quantity above which would suffer custom detention, protection against postal losses et al

again, lots of thanks

regards

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 am

There's numerous albums I can't get here, not to mention if available its more expensive buying them here, as far as I'm concerned.
I remember Tower Records here, all time highest prices, unless there's a discount sale.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:37 am

tlkoo wrote:
llsaw wrote:Let me start a new thread on this. Which web mail order facilities do you use? I'm using Amazon UK (cheaper shipping than US), HMV (their once in a while sale items are pretty decent) and CDWOW (free shipping) but contemporary jazz from the likes of ECM label are very expensive. Any good/decent alternatives?

lots of thanks for some insights of online purchases
whilst i have never experienced any online purchase as mentioned, i only have experienced auctions and buy-it-now purchases in ebay, so far so good Online/web CD retail Icon_smile

care to brief on some watch-out points e.g. minimum cd to buy to render handling/shipping charges cost-effective, quantity above which would suffer custom detention, protection against postal losses et al

again, lots of thanks

regards

I typically buy 1-2 Cds at a go and never had any problems (big touch wood) with Customs. If u buy from CDWOW and Amazon UK the shipping charges are cost efective even if only 1 CD purchase. Price is competitive with what is being sold here if the CD is being sold here at all.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:45 am

dear llsaw

me a reasonable person, so long as each cd costs rm50 thereabout to my doorstep, chances are i will give it a go since i need not drive to music shops, no parking charge to be incurred, stand no chance of find not, find not malaysian pressings etc Online/web CD retail Icon_biggrin

i have bought/won auctions for 50 cd (new/preowned) thereabout in the past couple of years, so far so good!

cheers
tlkoo

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

I bought some Chinese albums from Yes Asia and opted for the express delivery.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 am

car o scope wrote:
I bought some Chinese albums from Yes Asia and opted for the express delivery.

Yes, you'd better quickly buy those that you like, otherwise they go out of stock or discontinued in a blink of an eye. CD's come n go, you know. Online/web CD retail Icon_smile
There was one Teresa Teng Hokkien Polydor album re-issue, I sapu-ed the last copy. Albums like these don't see the light at local stores here.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mohfudz Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi all,
I've bought a few from on line HMV, Yes Asia but now mostly I've order from JPC.DE which is based in Germany. I've attached link below
http://www.jpc.de/

I hand 8 transactions with them without hiccups even though posted thru normal parcel. Normally I've ordered 13 to 14 CDs without any trouble with the Custom. Recently ordered 13 CDs & SACDs which came out to an average of RM31.00 incl postage. Not bad huh.. but off course you have to get ther special offer items. special offer ECM label is around 9.99 Euro after tax.Due to overseas order they gave you 16% discount. Some classical SACD on offer is about RM32.00

For free downloads you can check out this website. probably all of you know about this website already.http://avaxhome.ws/music

I think some of the forumner had some music contribution in this website

Regards & enjoy

mohfudz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dylan Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

hi bro mohfudz, how is the quality of CDs from jpc ?? recently I learned that CDs quality do make diff.

dylan
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mohfudz Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:44 am

dylan wrote:hi bro mohfudz, how is the quality of CDs from jpc ?? recently I learned that CDs quality do make diff.

It's all depend on the recording as well.. cr..p recording u can't do much about it. Mostly are EU pressing and quite pleased with the quality.
you can't go wrong with ECM, STUNT, ACT label. These are all german's.
Recently I bought Sylvain Luc "Standards" 2 CD french pressing "Drefuss" which cost me RM65. I've check the same CD at Rock Corner's and it's about RM155.00. Currently there quite a bit of ECM lebel on offer at RM35 Keith Jarret etc.. If you are into SACD, you may find a good bargain Pentatone, Chandos, CPO label going for RM33 on special offer. It's Classical Music heaven/bargain

mohfudz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktp Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 am

I buy my stuff mostly from eBay for the past 10 years and happy to say that (touch wood) I have not lost a single CD. Will only go for Amazon.uk if they have something I really want bad. Presently averaging 1 online buy in 2 weeks - must control self...
Usually can get very good bargains on eBay. Checkout estores on eBay.co.uk - very reliable and very cheap!
Also now checking out Amazon.co.jp for Japanese printed CDs (with OBIs) - again must control self...

jacktp

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz CD5001
Amplification: NAD 3225PE
Speakers: Tannoy Eclipse

http://malaysian-radio-sucks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content