Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold

Go down

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold Empty ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold

Post by HiFiLab Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:32 pm

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030257

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030258

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030259

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030260

Description :
Introducing the Onix H34 tube integrated amplifier. The same quality, craftsmanship, and performance you've come to expect from Onix, in an all new form.

Featuring a 4-RCA input preamp stage with 4 and 8 ohm outputs, the H34 integrated will shock you with it's holographic soundstage, crystal clear resolution, and warm midrange only tubes can deliver.

Specifications :
 Frequency Response.........................18Hz to 30Khz
 Power Rating...................................45W x 2
 Input Impedance..............................100K Ohms
 Output Impedance............................(4 or 8 Ohms)
 Input Sensitivity................................300 mV
 S/N Ratio.........................................> 90dB / T.H.D - 1%
 Tube Compliment..............................4 X EL34
                         ...............................2 X 6SN7
                         ...............................2 X 6922
                         ...............................2 X 12AT7
                        ................................2 X 12AX7
 Weight.............................................24 kg
 Dimensions(w x d x h)......................48.5 x 36 x 18cm
Miscellaneous :
 Made in...........................................Designed and Engineered in UK

The first thing that was immediately noticeable after I hooked up the H34 was how quiet this unit is! No hiss! In fact I had to stick my ear right up to the tweeter to hear any hiss...and even then it's BARELY audible.

So how does it sound so far? UNBELIEVABLY MUSICAL!

Having owned & listened to numerous EL34 based amps / integrated amps or separates, I'm never a really big fan of EL34 tubes. The EL34s have typical signature that I'm not very comfortable off: they can be slow, sluggish, less detailed,euphonic, overly romantic and at times too lush. (Chinese tube amps and some big name tube amp companies.)

All of these took for a change when I heard the H34 integrated amp which I was at first skeptical to listen to (ah, not another EL34 sir.) .When I first heard it, the sound is not like an EL34 based amp, its more like a 6550 but with some refinement of a KT88 and in some ways have character of the EL84s which are lively and engaging and fast.

It is fast, detailed, powerful and very musical. It has PRAT which I can only compare to the Naim gears. It lets you dance to the beat of the music. Toe-tapping features.
Bass is quite powerful and tuneful provided that you drive them with efficient speakers. I was even suprised when set up with the small Magnepans that they sounded splendid.

I tried to very critical about it and start to find something to fault for. For almost a week, about the only thing I can wish for is tad refinement. But for $1300, its difficult to fault.
The dealer told me that these amps came with stock chinese tubes and these might sound better if using better tubes. Something to consider.

The Hi's are very controlled in this amp very similar to vintage American amps. Its not porous or grainy but smooth without lossing details.
The mids are lively and forward, much of this can also depend on the speakers used.
The lows have oomph, better than most tube amps I've heard, but the s/s amps are still better at this.

Soundstage is very good but falls short of the mega bucks amp.

Nonetheless, a very musically satisfying amplifier!

The H34 also responds well to source gears. It is quite revealing but not to the point of being analytical. It showed different of various cd players and even the recordings. Fair recordings sounded very good compared to most hi end systems.
One can easily built a good system surrounding this particular amp without breaking your bank.

The dealer recommended speakers from Proac, JM Labs, Triangles, Magnepans (smaller version), Totem Acoustics, Cabasse, and Missions Acoustiks. I heard these with the Mags, and the Missions. I would be curious how these would sound with one of my faves: The 1SC. It could be a magical combo ?

Price : RM sold

Last edited by HiFiLab on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:09 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : sold)

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold Empty BUMP

Post by HiFiLab Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 am

HiFiLab wrote:

BUMP

HiFiLab

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFiLab Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:25 pm

HiFiLab wrote:ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030257

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030258

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030259

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold P1030260

Description :
Introducing the Onix H34 tube integrated amplifier. The same quality, craftsmanship, and performance you've come to expect from Onix, in an all new form.

Featuring a 4-RCA input preamp stage with 4 and 8 ohm outputs, the H34 integrated will shock you with it's holographic soundstage, crystal clear resolution, and warm midrange only tubes can deliver.

Specifications :
 Frequency Response.........................18Hz to 30Khz
 Power Rating...................................45W x 2
 Input Impedance..............................100K Ohms
 Output Impedance............................(4 or 8 Ohms)
 Input Sensitivity................................300 mV
 S/N Ratio.........................................> 90dB / T.H.D - 1%
 Tube Compliment..............................4 X EL34
                         ...............................2 X 6SN7
                         ...............................2 X 6922
                         ...............................2 X 12AT7
                        ................................2 X 12AX7
 Weight.............................................24 kg
 Dimensions(w x d x h)......................48.5 x 36 x 18cm
Miscellaneous :
 Made in...........................................Designed and Engineered in UK

The first thing that was immediately noticeable after I hooked up the H34 was how quiet this unit is! No hiss! In fact I had to stick my ear right up to the tweeter to hear any hiss...and even then it's BARELY audible.

So how does it sound so far? UNBELIEVABLY MUSICAL!

Having owned & listened to numerous EL34 based amps / integrated amps or separates, I'm never a really big fan of EL34 tubes. The EL34s have typical signature that I'm not very comfortable off: they can be slow, sluggish, less detailed,euphonic, overly romantic and at times too lush. (Chinese tube amps and some big name tube amp companies.)

All of these took for a change when I heard the H34 integrated amp which I was at first skeptical to listen to (ah, not another EL34 sir.) .When I first heard it, the sound is not like an EL34 based amp, its more like a 6550 but with some refinement of a KT88 and in some ways have character of the EL84s which are lively and engaging and fast.

It is fast, detailed, powerful and very musical. It has PRAT which I can only compare to the Naim gears. It lets you dance to the beat of the music. Toe-tapping features.
Bass is quite powerful and tuneful provided that you drive them with efficient speakers. I was even suprised when set up with the small Magnepans that they sounded splendid.

I tried to very critical about it and start to find something to fault for. For almost a week, about the only thing I can wish for is tad refinement. But for $1300, its difficult to fault.
The dealer told me that these amps came with stock chinese tubes and these might sound better if using better tubes. Something to consider.

The Hi's are very controlled in this amp very similar to vintage American amps. Its not porous or grainy but smooth without lossing details.
The mids are lively and forward, much of this can also depend on the speakers used.
The lows have oomph, better than most tube amps I've heard, but the s/s amps are still better at this.

Soundstage is very good but falls short of the mega bucks amp.

Nonetheless, a very musically satisfying amplifier!

The H34 also responds well to source gears. It is quite revealing but not to the point of being analytical. It showed different of various cd players and even the recordings. Fair recordings sounded very good compared to most hi end systems.
One can easily built a good system surrounding this particular amp without breaking your bank.

The dealer recommended speakers from Proac, JM Labs, Triangles, Magnepans (smaller version), Totem Acoustics, Cabasse, and Missions Acoustiks. I heard these with the Mags, and the Missions. I would be curious how these would sound with one of my faves: The 1SC. It could be a magical combo ?

Price : RM 2850

HiFiLab

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFiLab Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Price reduce

HiFiLab

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold Empty Re: ONIX H34 Vacuum Tube Stereo Intergrated Amplifier (sold

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down