Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Flying mole monoblocks (sold)

Go down

Flying mole monoblocks (sold) Empty Flying mole monoblocks (sold)

Post by bal Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 am

Hello All!!

Bought these wonderful babies from a fellow forum-er (hi!) just to listen to something new. They are quite impressive for their size (size of a paperback novel each!) and weight...600grams each!!
They put out 100 serious Watts into 8 ohms and 160 Watts per channel into 4 ohms, no trouble at all making my mageneplan MMG speakers sing.

They are really quite exceptional. I already have a good amp, and have been toying with the idea of bi-amping my speakers, but in the end decided to reluctantly let them go as i need a DAC. That is the limiting factor in my system now.

So, reluctantly letting go of these pair of monoblocks in pristine condition, no scratches, and with manual but no box, for RM1300, firm. Please note that i have just used them for about 2 weeks, and bought them for RM1500 per pair. This is a very good price i feel, as the original price was RM2,500 EACH.

Give me a call or sms at 012-3058090. Bal.
(sold to a very very nice gentleman).

http://www.stereotimes.com/amp021804.shtml

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue17/flyingmoledadm100.htm

http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/2005/2/24/audiofile/24mole[quote]

Below is a quote from a review from The Star Audiophile section....

"But what particularly impresses is the way the amp exerts control over the bass. My ABR-loaded speakers are able to go lower than many others and with most amps deep bass tends to sound a bit wooly. With the Flying Moles, the bass firms up nicely, as was borne out by my acid test for bass response: the third movement of Saint-Saen’s Christmas Oratorio, which has a complex interplay of soprano, tenor, baritone and organ – the latter at one point going down to 32Hz (so the CD info says).

Neither is the amp daunted by larger orchestral works; it digs out information with equal aplomb from anything ranging from Beethoven’s Symphony No.9 to Sibelius’ Finlandia. Equally, it deals with small-scale works so effortlessly and with such an engaging manner that I listened to some of my favourite baroque pieces several times, as I did to Callas’ La Divina Volume 1. And who says Joan Sutherland slurs her words? For once, I could hear what she was saying quite clearly. And has anyone noticed that her soprano voice has a peculiarly mannish timbre?

As for pace and attack, these are well up to the mark, as are the dynamics. But the DAD-M100pro does not overdo things. While all the elements that make enjoyable music are there, these are not played up. Accurate, analytical, highly musical – these descriptions apply to the DAD-M100pro."

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down