Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

where to buy Vinyl up North?

+2
car o scope
rapala
6 posters

Go down

where to buy Vinyl up North? Empty where to buy Vinyl up North?

Post by rapala Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 pm

New here , i just migrated to turntable around 4 months ago and wondering anybody could help on where one could buy vinyl whether is use or new in Northern Region (Penang). I am having difficulties buying them here as the only 3 companies i know selling new vinyl here carries very very limited stock.

Appreciate all the assistance. Also if buying from the net , appreciate if you share some sites that are reliable.

rapala

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

where to buy Vinyl up North? Empty Re: where to buy Vinyl up North?

Post by car o scope Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:16 pm

rapala wrote:New here , i just migrated to turntable around 4 months ago and wondering anybody could help on where one could buy vinyl whether is use or new in Northern Region (Penang). I am having difficulties buying them here as the only 3 companies i know selling new vinyl here carries very very limited stock.

Appreciate all the assistance. Also if buying from the net , appreciate if you share some sites that are reliable.

Hello rapala,

Out of the 3 companies, is 'Artist Gallery' one of them?
If not, you may take a look there.
As I know, they have some new Vinyl for sale.

Cheers.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 33RPM Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi Rapala, I have some audiophile title for sale, If interested you can email to me

Last edited by 33RPM on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
33RPM
33RPM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 am

hi rapala..r u check with our blog member 'Dude' maybe he can arrange courier service tu u..a lot of good collection to...maybe can ask for the title that u want..
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 am

starbuy sdn bhd..6871,jalan raja uda,butterworth..04 3313180
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rapala Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks for the input guys. Yup i've visited all Artist Gallery outlets here which carries very limited English titles which i already purchased almost all of them.

rapala

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 am

siva..have u been to starbuy butterworth...?
im only know that place from hifi member from singapore..
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rapala Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 pm

I haven't check out Starbuy yet most likely b there next week.
Wisma Audio very very limited new stock (around 10 only i think) and mostly sells used LPs, CMY s has the
largest collection in penang which is pretty pathetic considering they would have only around 50 whereas
Artist Gallery would hold around 5 english titles in each outlet in penang.

Best char koay teow is like audio system, it might the best sound to 1 but a harsh to other.
Seriously i would stick to 1. lrg selamat, 2.behind burma rd. Giant coffeeshop and 3.opposite Federal Cinema (now Hanalulu).

rapala

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:13 pm

rapala..try check it out..give us the feedback..
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rapala Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 am

Siva,

Was there yesterday, a couple of beatles, 1 REM, 1depeche mode, few Peter Tosh and another 1 or 2 titles.
Hoping my visit next week to Starbuy (raja uda) would be better. Anyway where u get your LP from?

rapala

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Thu May 07, 2009 11:21 pm

rapala wrote:I haven't check out Starbuy yet most likely b there next week.
Wisma Audio very very limited new stock (around 10 only i think) and mostly sells used LPs, CMY s has the
largest collection in penang which is pretty pathetic considering they would have only around 50 whereas
Artist Gallery would hold around 5 english titles in each outlet in penang.

Best char koay teow is like audio system, it might the best sound to 1 but a harsh to other.
Seriously i would stick to 1. lrg selamat, 2.behind burma rd. Giant coffeeshop and 3.opposite Federal Cinema (now Hanalulu).

lrg selamat: most expensive in town! need to stand and queue (for tourists they seem don't care!)

sisters: most expensive! must wait. <20 minutes if got luck, otherwise > 30 minutes. if u are there, shld try the yam biscuit!

my favorite simple meal: chee chion fung (without "HairGoh")! Laughing

if u know where can listen to original tannoy 15", let me know. TQ Very Happy

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rapala Mon May 11, 2009 10:17 am

Starbuy Raja Uda Field Report

Went over and bought 2 LPs on fri, found 1 warped pretty badly where my player could not play it and manage to get it changed on sat. Bought Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (limited Edition) and Los Indios Tabajaras, overall $$ is reasonable with a decent collection and experience sales staff , helpful and most important also hifi kaki.
Ground floor sells Hifi products with LPs, 1st floor mainly audiofile CDs with sound room and sort of a bar
area for hifi kakis to kill time. Highly recommended.

As for Char Koay Teow, agreed lrg selamat is tourist area but like it or not the food is pretty good.
You must check out chee cheong Fun at Kedai Kopi Genting at Island glades ,best in town. 6 star rating.

rapala

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon May 11, 2009 7:39 pm

How much are you willing to pay for good LPs ? I have found the internet to be a goldmine for good LPs. If you buy only a few at a time, usually you will not get any problems from customs (LPs are tax free by the way) but you pay a lot for shipping. You can save on shipping by going sea-mail but you will have to wait a very long time (more than a month, sometimes longer) and you also risk damage to the record. So it all depends on how much you are willing to pay (unfortunately).

You can also opt to make frequent trips to KL for LP hunting. Amcorp mall, Audio Image, etc are heavens for LP lovers. When you make a trip to the KLAV show this year, make sure to bring lots of cash, or make sure your credit-card is well stocked. Last year, I spend RM1.2k on new LPs from the KLAV-show.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by rapala Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm

My concern from buying from the net would be the packing as LPs are pretty fragile. Sorry but i did not notice LPs in last year KLAV show, what would be the $$ range or would there b any promo there. Better make the trip worth and bring enough ammunition.

rapala

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

The good sellers usually ship their LPs very well, in strong sturdy cardboard boxes with plenty of bubble wrap and foam. The key is not to scrimp on postage/shipping.

At the KLAV-show, the LPs are usually sold at the last hall, just before you exit the show. It's a bit like a bazaar, open hall concept, with tables lining both sides of the large hall selling accessories, CDs, DVDs/Blu-Rays, etc. There's a regular who always atends with several hundred used LPs. Two regulars will always have new LPs for sale but they are usually tucked away in a corner and their main tables are CDs. So you need to make sure you check all the CD sellers very carefully.

While in KL, you should also make the effort to visit shops like Audio Image and Valve & Vinyl. AI is located in SS2. V&V used to be at City Square but I am not sure where they have shifted to since CS is now closed for major renovations. There's also another shop which used to be at CS and sells lots of new LPs but of course they too would have shifted. Maybe other forumers might know where they have shifted to.

Amcorp mall on saturday afternoons is also a heaven for LP lovers - in their flea market/bazaar somewhere on the ground floor or basement (I think). But most of the people there will also be at the KLAV-s anyway.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Also you should clarify which type of music you are looking for: Pop ? Rock ? Classical ? Jazz ? Modern artist or the older ones ? etc.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down