Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

bose home theater satellites & sub

2 posters

Go down

bose home theater satellites & sub Empty bose home theater satellites & sub

Post by azri Sun May 10, 2009 11:55 am

hi

how many of u are using bose speakers as part of HT setup?
any comments? do u straight bought them or u start with diff setups?
whats ur matching receivers? or pre processor & pwr amps?
is it true they say, its not suitable to listen to music with bose speakers?
whats the price for complete 5.1 speakers?
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

bose home theater satellites & sub Empty Re: bose home theater satellites & sub

Post by ryder Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 pm

The Bose Acoustimass-10 was my first "high-end" speakers I bought 12 years ago when I was in university. It was the biggest mistake in my life, and I owe it a lot to one of my friend who recommended the brand to me (he used to be a Bose salesman).

The Bose is definitely overpriced for the money you pay as you can get better setups for less money. Bose may be good for those who seek a minimalist and neat HT setup with their small sattelites and bass module but still you can get better performance elsewhere. FWIW I bought the AM-10 for £825 and sold it off at RM1,200 about 3 years later at close to 80% loss.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun May 10, 2009 6:04 pm

tqs ryder, good to know about that
its true some tend to dislike bose having its price thats ridiculously high compares to what u get

is it really not nice? were u using with bose processor or other brand?
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Sun May 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Only the Lifestyle systems have the built-in processor and CD/DVD players. Initially my friend recommended the Lifestyle 12 but it was out of my budget, so I got the AM-10 instead and bought a Yamaha AV amp to drive the speakers. Since the Bose was my first "high-end" speakers, it was an improvement to my budget Sony midi hifi system in my early days. After just a few months I got sick of the sound and bought the B&W CDM1SE and Arcam Alpha 10 integrated, and that was when I realised I have made the biggest mistake in listening to my friend. The cost of the Yamaha/Bose and Arcam/B&W setup is almost the same but the quality and performance from the latter is of much higher calibre.

To sum up, the Bose doesn't have a place in audiophile community. Maybe it will appeal to those who seek cute little sattelites and hate big bulky speakers. I hope there isn't any Bose salesman lurking around in the forums here. Anyway these are my sincere opinions. If there is one for sale in the used market for the price of dirt, then you may consider getting them for your HT. For serious music listening basically you can forget about Bose. The common tagline for Bose is "No highs no lows, it must be Bose".

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down