Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Equipment support boards from Audio Image

+11
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
bassraptor
zeebee
JSoo1
chang
htkaki
Glassaudio
ryder
mugenfoo
Mikapoh
WongKN
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Equipment support boards from Audio Image - Page 2 Empty Re: Equipment support boards from Audio Image

Post by zeebee Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 am

htkaki wrote:
WongKN wrote:Wah, htkaki, you are now playing 'babies' with ZB already...

SJ, ... Anyway, its your job to find out things like this so I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nevertheless, I still have high regards for the potential of the Maggie 1.7 and from the experience from ZB's place I continue to feel that it requires a very shall we say 'strong' (rather than simply 'powerful') amp.
Playing 'babies' is still acceptable Razz

Now, it makes my 200wpc amp sounds a bit like a puny pale

ZB, I might bring my XTZ Room Analyzer to check out the room acoustics of yours.

SJ... as the moderator and reviewer, concur with KN Very Happy

HT, yep, might as well bring in the XTZ (wow).. I would like to see one in action and actually, I'm fussing over partly out of curiosity as most of us are live in typical 'terrace' or apartments in Malaysia with similar layout for living/dining/rooms. Thx. Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Equipment support boards from Audio Image - Page 2 Empty Re: Equipment support boards from Audio Image

Post by WongKN Wed May 18, 2011 10:19 am

Actually SJ is in a lot more deep-shit than me since he is both a moderator here as well as a professional reviewer (as in he earns money from his reviews) so he MUST have opinions, lots of it. He gives opinions every time he writes a review ! Very Happy But then he is not allowed to be alive in the first place since he is a moderator and as moderators we cannot have opinions, favour any product, cannot even go to any one shop regularly, .... Hahahahahahaha.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Life is hard enough. Hifi is for us to relax. No point taking it too seriously.

SJ, on a more serious note, faster la, I am very curious to know how good the Maggie can be in the hands of a pro !

ZB, the XTZ is very good for the hifi enthusiast because it gives us just enough information to allow us to tune/set-up the system in the room but not as much as is from those professional systems. E.g. it does not give 1/3 octave wideband frequency response measurement which means it does not meet professional requirements. But the wide-band frequency response measurement it does, although considered crude by professional standards, seems to me to be pretty good enough for me to understand my room well enough to know what to do with the system set-up. It is a tool more for enthusiasts/users like me rather than a professional sound engineer. It can be used to tune enthusiasts systems in normal listening rooms, but cannot meet the requirements for designing concert halls, auditoriums, etc. I think you get the idea.

Let me know the results of your room measurement.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

WongKN wrote:Actually SJ is in a lot more deep-shit than me since he is both a moderator here as well as a professional reviewer (as in he earns money from his reviews) so he MUST have opinions, lots of it. He gives opinions every time he writes a review ! Very Happy But then he is not allowed to be alive in the first place since he is a moderator and as moderators we cannot have opinions, favour any product, cannot even go to any one shop regularly, .... Hahahahahahaha.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Life is hard enough. Hifi is for us to relax. No point taking it too seriously.

SJ, on a more serious note, faster la, I am very curious to know how good the Maggie can be in the hands of a pro !

Let me know the results of your room measurement.

To KN and others: Once and for all, I DO NOT get paid for my reviews, it is not my full-time job. I do it in my spare time, and earn nothing out of it from my employer or any other parties! Clear or not?

As for my opinions as a reviewer, they're confined to the newspaper and its online site. As a moderator, I think you'll find that I have generally been neutral and peaceful.

As for the Maggies, let's hope ... not in my hands! Cool

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 pm

BassRaptor,
I dont know whether is it you or another reviewer who did the Rogers LS 5/9 back in year 92 or 93. I still remember bringing the pullout that time to school to show like minded friend on how madly priced hi-fi gear was.

U need to pardon me then, I was still school boy drooling over mini compo... and it deadening PMPO Smile

Would you put this review back into Audiofile Loudspeaker list?

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Yes, I recall that speaker, used it for a while, must have reviewed it as well ... Smile ... mad prices then ...!

It's out of our digital archives, which go back only until 1995, so hard to get it online again ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 pm

SJ, you DO NOT get paid for the reviews ? Wow, that sucks. I thought for all the hardwork you do you will at least get paid something for it. So then, what exactly do they pay you to do ? Oh wait, I remember something about having to monitor for news coming in, etc. OK, let's take that off-line for the next time we got some free time to do some lepaking when we are poisoning ourselves at our normal haunts.

Strangely enough, I remember a friend of mine who used to write part-time for Star and he told me he do get a token amount (didn't seem worth it to me but then he does it as a hobby, much like what I am doing for my car site and I certainly don't get paid for that as well). He wrote under the nick 'mkchong' back then. Do you know/remember him ? He doesn't do it anymore. Actually haven't met him for a long time already.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 pm

KN, no secret about what i do ..... the paper's online version, news editing. Yes, I know MKChong, we're in touch occasionally.

Here's something for Zeebee Twisted Evil :
http://www.hifi4sale.net/t16575-wilson-audio-sasha-w-p-speakers-for-sale-used-by-private-party

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm

bassraptor wrote:KN, no secret about what i do ..... the paper's online version, news editing. Yes, I know MKChong, we're in touch occasionally.

Here's something for Zeebee Twisted Evil :
http://www.hifi4sale.net/t16575-wilson-audio-sasha-w-p-speakers-for-sale-used-by-private-party

Yes, saw it and remembered you actually ... Poison Mad Mad Twisted Evil but the post does look a bit sus Rolling Eyes the carpet seems to bear some resemblance to mine though but in Ferrari Red.. Very Happy so I can still just imagine a bit Smile Smile as if it's in meant to be lol!

Anyway bro, still figuring transport to your place, will get back too u soon cheers
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Transport to his place ? The sasha ? Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Wed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm

WongKN wrote:Transport to his place ? The sasha ? Laughing

Have to wait see n look see Very Happy.

A quickie: played some songs after the aforementioned relocation of cdp atop the board. 'Apparent' improvement; slight 'body' to the songs, my current 'heavy' rotation silver disc is the local artist Yuna. But don't take my word for it, admitedly I'm 'tinned' rather 'golden-eared' when it comes to music critique.. Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed May 18, 2011 7:30 pm

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 am

Hey SJ,
Once upon a time ago, you mentioned about doing a review on the Odyssey? Coming along? BTW, any news of the Mesa Baron...........? Surprised
JC
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Sat May 21, 2011 1:43 pm

The Odyssey Khartago Extreme SE stereo power amp review shud be out in June. Was asked to wait because there was no stock.

I sold the Baron last year ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Mon May 23, 2011 12:08 am

I sold the Baron last year ...
Meant if the guy is interested in letting it go?
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 am

I'll ask him and get back to you ... can pm me your contact?

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2