Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD

5 posters

Go down

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Empty Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD

Post by Lamkochai Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Powerl10
Lightly used Transparent Powerlink Super Power cable 2m length mm tech for sale. Condition 8/10. Factory terminated with hubbell plug. Note that this is a 20 amp version suitable to use for power conditioner (Richard gray, Shunyata). Selling RM 850. Contact 0125579810

Last edited by Lamkochai on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 pm

I find it hard to comprehend the phrase 'lightly used'. Cosmetic condition aside, there really isn't any difference between a heavily used or 'lightly used' power cord. What constitutes the definition of lightly used? Less current, hours played?
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD

Post by Lamkochai Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm

most of the time keep in the store, meaning less hours played. its around 2years+ old. personal audition and viewing of the cable in my place is welcomed.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sun May 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Then it should be described as seldom used, not lightly used.

Thanks,
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:47 pm

zz......i failed my english during 2nd school. please forgive me for all the grammar and words mistakes. But sometimes i really think our admin has OCD.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Lamkochai wrote:zz......i failed my english during 2nd school. please forgive me for all the grammar and words mistakes. But sometimes i really think our admin has OCD.

LOL...OCD or not, it is all about proper representation of the item you are selling; eg. 'lightly used' doesn't make sense in the context of power cords.
What we would like to see is buyers and sellers coming to a common understanding of the condition rating and descriptions and it requires effort from the seller to simplify this. It helps reduce confusion and/or misunderstanding, particularly in mail-order transactions.
Unfortunately, maybe it's because we are all new to this, a certain level of enforcement is necessary to make this happen, which not everyone may agree. Conversely, if we are too lax, this could easily turn into a 'pasar malam', which is where Hi-Fi shouldn't be.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by auronthas Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Well said, Admin. Smile

Auronthas

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Treble12 Easy Listening - Jazz - Classical - New Age
auronthas
auronthas

Number of posts : 211

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by barney Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:33 pm

What's OCD?

barney
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:18 pm

okok. please edit my post as you see fit. I dont want ppl to label me as cheater. Wink

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 pm

and to auronthas. i likes paganini violin's tracks too. where to buy the cd in malaysia? i usually order from ebay and i think is more expensive

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by auronthas Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Lamkochai,

Here's the link in Music Review - Audiophile CDs, i bought it from one of the hifi shops in PJ.

http://www.hifi4sale.net/music-video-reviews-f7/audiophile-cds-t19.htm#3470

Auronthas

Transparent PowerLink Super power cord (Used) SOLD Treble12 Easy Listening - Jazz - Classical - New Age
auronthas
auronthas

Number of posts : 211

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm

tq bro.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sanguine Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 am

Hey Lamkochai,

We past colony of Britain so your england must be good to participate lah! maybe thats why people no good england afraid to participate in folum aso!

I aso use mangland so understand what lightly used means. Ha!ha!

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by barney Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm

IMHO, "lightly" should relates to the no. of hours used.

"Seldom" should refer to no. of times used.

But it's irrelavant here as hifi item like power cord cannot be quantify by the no. of times used.

So seldom used is also not applicable here.

Best is indicate how long have you own this power cord & the cosmetic condition, e.g. like any tarnish on the connector pin, any wear & tear on the cord sleeve.

We are high end people, not mini combo people. hahahaha. Lame Razz

barney
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanguine Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey Barney,

Agree with you.

I may seldom use my car but on the few occasions that I have, i drove to China and back. Now thats heavy use!!!

So for a power cord, with low usage (not that it would make much of a difference either way)....i'd go with lightly used.

Ok lets now debate "low usage"! :-)

rgs

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:07 pm

sanguine wrote:Hey Barney,

Agree with you.

I may seldom use my car but on the few occasions that I have, i drove to China and back. Now thats heavy use!!!

So for a power cord, with low usage (not that it would make much of a difference either way)....i'd go with lightly used.

Ok lets now debate "low usage"! :-)

rgs

For a car, it makes sense to differentiate 'lightly used' or 'heavily used', just as you described road and driving conditions having an impact.
Whether you use a Transparent power cord as a conduit for a 20W CD player or a 2000W kettle doesn't make much of a diff. Hence it doesn't make sense to describe it as 'lightly used'.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sanguine Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi Admin,

This is a game in semantics. We are not looking at the number of times it is taken out of the box but duration of use.

Ok let me introduce the matter of price into the equation as that never fails to elevate the degree of anal retentiveness. A buyer would first want to know of its physical condition and ideally then number of cute electrons which have flowed thru the cable.

We know, within context, no one measures this and so "light use" implies, fewer electrons have flowed thru it. It gives a false sense of assurance of the duration of use and frequency (seldom used).

While on the subject of choice of words, my recent post did not escape censorship either. I used in the title of the post "brand new". You preferred just "new". Is there a difference between "brand new" and "new". Tautology? yes! but it serves to emphasise. So why cant i use "brand new"?

Ok a slight shift here. Have u tried singing the Stylistics song " U make me feel brand new" without the word "brand". Had they dropped that word the song would not have been a hit. Maybe that explains the lack of hits on my amp. :-)

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barney Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:22 pm

The usage sense of relativity for a power cord or even for most hifi equipment should be tied to the no. of hours, as we were taught in hifi, the run-in hours are very important.

Example : Power cord A needs 200hrs to run-in, afterwhich, it will perform at optimum performance.

Quite often, used items are already in their run-in state. So for the current owner to say it's lightly used, then he/she should highlight the no. of hours used (including the run-in hours, if it has been run-in before).

The above quoted is in an ideal scenario. But where on earth would someone clocked his/her exact usage hours for the power cord? So for 2nd hand hifi item purchase, it boils down to my points in the earlier post.

"Best is indicate how long have you own this power cord & the cosmetic condition, e.g. like any tarnish on the connector pin, any wear & tear on the cord sleeve."

It really pointless to indicate lightly, seldom, use 1 time only & store inside storeroom.

Good example is "I have owned this pwr cord for 3mths, some fading of printed words on the pwr cord sleeve, some tarnish dots on the connector pins (pls see close-up pic). Previous owner told me that he has run-in this cord for abt 100hrs. I listen to my setup once a week, for abt 2hrs, so 3mth = 4times a mth x 3 x 2hrs = 24hrs estimated usage on this cord if you are really into the usage level. I dunno how many kilowatts been thru it, but damn, who care abt how many watts it has taken, as long as it alive & not burnt, it's still good for sales."

barney
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:57 am

barney wrote:The usage sense of relativity for a power cord or even for most hifi equipment should be tied to the no. of hours, as we were taught in hifi, the run-in hours are very important.

Example : Power cord A needs 200hrs to run-in, afterwhich, it will perform at optimum performance.

Quite often, used items are already in their run-in state. So for the current owner to say it's lightly used, then he/she should highlight the no. of hours used (including the run-in hours, if it has been run-in before).

The above quoted is in an ideal scenario. But where on earth would someone clocked his/her exact usage hours for the power cord? So for 2nd hand hifi item purchase, it boils down to my points in the earlier post.

"Best is indicate how long have you own this power cord & the cosmetic condition, e.g. like any tarnish on the connector pin, any wear & tear on the cord sleeve."

It really pointless to indicate lightly, seldom, use 1 time only & store inside storeroom.

Good example is "I have owned this pwr cord for 3mths, some fading of printed words on the pwr cord sleeve, some tarnish dots on the connector pins (pls see close-up pic). Previous owner told me that he has run-in this cord for abt 100hrs. I listen to my setup once a week, for abt 2hrs, so 3mth = 4times a mth x 3 x 2hrs = 24hrs estimated usage on this cord if you are really into the usage level. I dunno how many kilowatts been thru it, but damn, who care abt how many watts it has taken, as long as it alive & not burnt, it's still good for sales."

Precisely.

BTW, with due respect to Lamkochai's post, it's time to direct the topic back to the sale of his power cord. If I may add, Lamkochai has been selling quite a number of items over the past year or so. From the pictures, his stuff appears to be in good condition.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:21 am

lol. maybe i should just describe the cable as used and condition 8/10 because i really never counted the hours of usage for this cable. however, the item is sold and i am posting it to the buyer cm. feedback for the item's condition from the buyer is welcomed.Smile

Do note that i have also a pair of transparent musiclink ultra interconnect rca 1m mm1 tech and musicwave super biwire speaker cable mm2 tech 8ft for sale.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down