Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Paging Bimmerman : Your ML DAC

+5
adrian4454
jokiarch
mugenfoo
bimmerman
WongKN
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paging Bimmerman : Your ML DAC - Page 2 Empty Re: Paging Bimmerman : Your ML DAC

Post by VS126 Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Is the duty for hifi equipment 10%?
VS126
VS126
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): MacMini, 16GB RAM, SSD with Clones mPsu / Clones Asher DSD Dac
Amplification: Crayon CFA 1.2, Red Dragon S500, Clones Audio 25PM /AP2
Speakers: Spatial Hologram M3 Turbo S, Spatial Lumina 12Be Statement and soon Spatial X-1 Uniwave with Vinnie Rossi Lio 4 channel Ultracapacitor amp.

Back to top Go down

Paging Bimmerman : Your ML DAC - Page 2 Empty Re: Paging Bimmerman : Your ML DAC

Post by htkaki Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 pm

It is 10% sales tax if it is from China. The 15% import duty is being waived under the ASEAN-China FTA. There are a few more countries.

Normal rates for hi-fi products are 15% import duty + 10% sales tax. Effectively, it is about 26.5%.
htkaki
htkaki

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carz Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 pm

sorry, mistake on CD Player tariff

For countries without any waiver/trade agreement:-
1) Compact Disc players : tariff code 851981290, - 10% + 10%

2) Amplifiers and Speakers: 15% import Duties + 10% sales tax
3) Speaker (not in enclosure, code 8518 29 000 (851829000), - 10% sales tax only

Max: I was wonder under what classifications will DACs be?

So to recalculate, the PS Audio PerfectWave will be
USD3,000 (MSRP) + USD391 (fedex) + 10+10% duties = US$ 4103
= RM12,309 landed

Last edited by carz on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

carz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm

bimmerman,
i hv just read some posts in various forums on the ps audio perfect wave player and its matching dac.
from what the owners have said, the ps audio player and dac sound best when used together with the hdmi connection. there's synergy involved.
many hv said the dac's other connections do not sound as good when used with other sources.
but not many manufacturers are going the hdmi way - most are going the async usb way.
the new generation of 24/192 capable async usb dacs sound very good.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks SFLam. I think my Wadia transport and ML Dac will be my last for redbook playback. When the upgrade itch hits again it will be High rez for me for sure. I'm keeping an open mind to whatever the future holds. Very Happy
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Who knows, the manufacturers might have finally come to their senses and agree on a single unified format by then. I heard the latest to hit the scene is 'HDMI-Audio'.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Bimmer,

Remember I was talking about the 'input buffer', basically a memory to temporarily store incoming data before sending them out again ? And this removes all jitter from the signal. It seems your ML36S has this sort of feature. ML calls it a FIFO buffer. They have a jitter rejection circuit built in but after that, the data is still read into the FIFI buffer before being read out again, reclocked to an internal clock which runs all the DAC stages. Pretty niffty design ! Very Happy
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 am

Yes, I am aware of that FIFO buffer in the 36s. In theory it sounds impressive but in practice... Well, I have found that you cannot just hook up a RM80 DVD player to it and expect it to perform. It just won't. I had to mate a Wadia CD transport to it in order for it to sing. And finally only after adding an Audio Alchemy DTI in between can I say it sounds like it's happy to perform.

I guess published specifications and clever design don't always result in great sound. Like in the case of the PS Audio Perfect wave transport. It reads CD as bit perfect data (that's what they say) then sends the data to the built in digital lens, once inside the Digital lens, the musical information is stored in pure form without clocks or any reference to time. The stored musical information is then retrieved by the PWT’s asynchronous fixed timing clock and output to DAC with perfect timing and extremely low jitter.

Imagine the potential the above technology holds if it is then mated to my Levinson DAC with its FIFO technology......

but alas..... I can only imagine... Very Happy
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 pm

... too much digital hype already. Time to get back to the music.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2