Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia?

+4
capkapak
klwood
KenZen
ryder
8 posters

Go down

Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia? Empty Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia?

Post by ryder Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Is there an Oppo distributor in Malaysia?

Which model has the best picture quality? From what I read the 980 has good sound quality and moderate picture quality while the 981 has a better picture quality and moderate sound quality.

Thanks in advance.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia? Empty Re: Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia?

Post by KenZen Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:06 am

Nearest is Singapore. Have not seen anyone sell it here so far. 983 has the most advanced video processor and it's the first DVD to be awarded 100% rating in one of the home theater sites. SQ is on par with 980 as it was tuned by Nuforce as well.

981 has a slight video advantage over 980, within 5-10% at most.

KenZen
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia? Empty Re: Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia?

Post by klwood Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Oppo can be mail-ordered from the authorised distributor in Singapore. Just contact the person-in-charged, Sean. Contact details is in Oppo web-site..

klwood

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for all responses. Looks like my thought is true that Malaysia does not have an Oppo distributor. I do know that Singapore has one since it is one of the biggest hifi hub in the South-East Asia region.

I have read that the 983 has excellent picture quality compared to 980 and 981 but is now obsolete(in the USA) being replaced by the new Oppo blu-ray player. Hopefully this will push down the price of the current 983 further.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by capkapak Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Can't find any international sellers list on the Oppo website. Do you have the details of this contact in Singapore that sells Oppo or better still one in Malaysia?

Thanks.

capkapak

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by matsuda Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Anyone grab this player recently and mind to tell where you buy it?? local or oversea???

matsuda

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mie77 Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi,

Sure, we will be more than happy to ship an Oppo BDP-83 to you, no problem!

Price for the player is S$1,050/set, and includes the following:

• Oppo BDP-83 player with hardware modification for playback of ALL regions Bluray & DVD discs.
  • FREE 6ft HDMI cable.
  • FREE Spears & Munsil Hi-Def Benchmark Bluray disc.
  • FREE AIX Audio Calibration & HD Music Sampler Bluray disc.
  • 1 year warranty

Shipping via SpeedPost/EMS courier will cost S$90. Therefore, total cost including shipping adds up to S$1,140.

Payment via bank transfer only, please make payment to our account:

Account Name: THONG SEEN LIANG

Account Number: 3043080634

Bank Name: United Overseas Bank

Bank Branch: UOB Coleman Branch

Bank Branch Address: 1 Coleman Street, #01-14 The Adelphi, Singapore

We will ship within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. Kindly advise once payment has been made, so that we can track & acknowledge.

Stock available at the moment, would you like to confirm your order?

Kindly advise, thanks & a Happy New Year to you!

Brgds,

Sean
SLT Tech

This is the reply I got from the Spore authorised dealer regarding purchasing online n the shipping cost to Labuan, Malaysia. Hope this helps.

Their email sales@slttech.com.sg

mie77

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Hopefully, there will be an Oppo distributor in Malaysia. Probably early 2Q 0f 2010.

I had a customer who lend his Oppo BD-83 for me to test out. It's a modded ver. Play every single region BDs flawlessly.
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by matsuda Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 pm

BD-83 might be a problem since this player was non multi region and only for region 1 which is for US only.

I think malaysia&s'pore is region 3. might need to order the DVD disc from US.. Sad

i cannot find SLT Tech is an offical dealer for OPPO in OPPO website,,, or i just mislook the info,,, anyone???

matsuda

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm

matsuda wrote:BD-83 might be a problem since this player was non multi region and only for region 1 which is for US only.

I think malaysia&s'pore is region 3. might need to order the DVD disc from US.. Sad

i cannot find SLT Tech is an offical dealer for OPPO in OPPO website,,, or i just mislook the info,,, anyone???

Sad to say I still have an unopened multi region OPPO 83 still in the storeroom almost 2 months now. At the moment still mulling on giving up HT/MC SACD/DVD A since the intention was for all singing-dancing player. Crying or Very sad Anyway, giving myself till CNY (about 4 weeks) to decide, reckoned u could pm me by then Very Happy.

Cheers,

zb
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by matsuda Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 pm

multi region ? really ? hacked version?? i thought this palyer can play DVD region 1 only??

where did you get it from??? Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia? Icon_redface

matsuda

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm

matsuda wrote:multi region ? really ? hacked version?? i thought this palyer can play DVD region 1 only??

where did you get it from??? Where To Buy Oppo DVD Player In Malaysia? Icon_redface

Not sure about it being 'hacked' but the free-region mod (the DVD too) has a lifetime guarantee even when blu-ray firmware being upgraded but of course have added cost. And have the voltage at 240 V for our line here. Only thing is careful with the custom duty which I felt needless on items for personal use.

You can check out this link: http://www.220-electronics.com/dvd/Oppo_BDP-83_region_free_blu_ray_Oppo_digital_BDP83_code_free.htm.

Apart from another upgraded OPPO83 SE version, you can also get it custom audio/video modded with the price the limit I suppose.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, if u can wait 3 or 4 weeks Laughing, barang already here, 10/10 condition. Basketball

Cheers.

zeebee
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by matsuda Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm

checked the link and i think the 83 was from 3rd party with capability to do the mod to play multi region DVD.
so your 83 never tested before to play the DVD from our region??
your 83 also region free for blu-ray disc??

matsuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down