Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Magico speakers representation in Malaysia

3 posters

Go down

Magico speakers representation in Malaysia Empty Magico speakers representation in Malaysia

Post by solid_snake Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:49 am

Is anyone know who carry Magico speaker in Malaysia? Thks

solid_snake
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Magico speakers representation in Malaysia Empty Re: Magico speakers representation in Malaysia

Post by Shanghai Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 pm

This famous carazy perfectionist founder Alon wolf , San Francisco Based - company founder is represented by Audio Image at SS2 , Petaling Jaya.
They are offering Magico V3 offer at around MYR 89K+. USA selling at USD27K.

Shanghai
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Magico speakers representation in Malaysia Empty Re: Magico speakers representation in Malaysia

Post by solid_snake Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for responding, Singapore dealer quoted me 37K for V3. Actually i am intersted in Mini2. Wonder any body having a pair in Malaysia? Shocked

solid_snake
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tin Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Having heard the Magico speakers at different occasions,all I can say is Please audition before you buy.It is highly overrated as far as the sound is concerned.

I really do not understand what the fuss is all about,All I can say is that Alon Wolff is one clever Marketing person and an average audio technician....

tin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tin Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Referance 3A grand Veena,Coincident Super eclipse,Revel Ultima,Wilson Benesch -any WB-especially the ACT series,Emerald Physics[!!},Eventus Metis,ATC,Harbeth alll of them significantly bettered the Magico mini to my ears[And many more experienced audiophiles]

tin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by solid_snake Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi tin, many thanks for the response. Do you mind let me know what sort of gear is driving the Magico when you audition them? As far as i know they are quit difficult to drive judging from their seal box design. Partnering equipment is absolutely important.

solid_snake
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tin Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

You are absolutely right,The Magicos are not easy to drive.I heard mainly Krell-Magico combo the best being the soolos based -Krell FBI-Magico Mini.

Something abt the midbass and midrange region that really bothers me...Like I say this one is not for music lover..

Have a home audition is my advise and compare it with something like ATC /Harbeth then the Magico weakness[at least to me]are hard to ignore

tin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down