Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Philips CD 304 (S@ld)

2 posters

Go down

Philips CD 304 (S@ld) Empty Philips CD 304 (S@ld)

Post by 1541 Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 am

Philips CD 304 (S@ld) CD304F
Philips CD 304 (S@ld) Susan
Philips CD 304 (S@ld) Sametime

Both are very talented CD player on its own. This CD304 is a special player by itself.It sounds slightly more than an ordinary stocked 304 unit.As it had been "tuned",lets call him" Blacky Joe".

Blackie Joe vs CDX [bared] shoot out on labor day..i chosen CDX because it is my "Reference player at this moment" why not CDi..well..[lets discuss it someother time..],they played the same track in same timing simultaneously in-order to confirm consistancy during the test,I commanding my 102pre through narcom remote..select the input correspond to each source,listened them on sofa. The other component comprises of teddypardo feeding 102 and amplified through the knight CB160.[Bother of 110s].
Philips CD 304 (S@ld) Untitled
Engineering spec CDM1 vs VAM1205. 1540s vs PCM1702U Naim vs Philips.
As usual Naim sonic attributes, start off with an incredible senses of acuracy in time domain,rhythmically spacious sound and typical Naim PRAT boogie factor. There isn't really much more to say about the CDX..but Black joe itself. He is a "vintage" 25years old & I have no wish to open a debate that Blacky joe sounds equally good as CDX..readers elsewhere from any part of the planet would surely disagree...The only wholly logical explanation, both share a commons in term of "musicality" ,"Natural" "Smooth" "Drawn the listeners into the music" "civilised " "Meaty" "full bodied" "cohesiveness " and "soulful" leaving no dissapointment behind .....but CDX walks out easily with superbly more sense of "air" in between,openess climb up to the upper high without being "rolled off" going down the slope...CDX/XPS further walk out easily on super micro/macro dynamic,better focus and grip.

Black joe- it was honest to goodness, well designed , nice sounding player. Underrated...performs up to 90% of what a bared CDX does...you will be more than happy to stay with it if you have not listened to any Naim CDX player. Black joe disagree brand loyalty as naim does nor gets any extreme and even abusive XPS powers juice pack...again blend easily with another brand!! Unlike Naim, very family type orientated player

i have a second opinion..an ordinary non-audiophile listener..AB test base on her most favorite track picked from Eric Clapton[Blue eyes blue]...

She picked the Blacky Joe..,she felt more engaged with musics and emotions and better tonality.. i can not disagree with her..individually hearing may vary.Listen yourself is more "Real" than reading reviews..OK!

This is a "tuned" Philips CD304, improved than the stocked CD304.
Cosmetic 8/10
Asking RM1588 meant Sold tQ @!@
[6month warranty on labor]

Thanks for reading,welcome to PM

Last edited by 1541 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Philips CD 304 (S@ld) Empty Re: Philips CD 304 (S@ld)

Post by tan8787 Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

what;s your phone no. or sms me 0169390330 tan tq

tan8787

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Back to top Go down