Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it?

5 posters

Go down

Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it? Empty Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it?

Post by adrian4454 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am

So much we talk about music, but when we use the word "listen" to music which i find it too critical and technical, as to listen to micro details in the recording. Suppose we should be saying enjoy/hear music. But since when as audiophile weonly enjoy music, we cant escape the fact, we do listen to music and the equipment. As such we "look" for music details or "small action"/ anonymous that bury deep in the recording.
Well this is my sharing:
- norah jones "come away with me" sound like she was then suffering from sinuses, or at least 1of her nose block. Sound very obvious to me, compare back to "nightingale" which both from muthajones music.

Well there is the famous hey jude from the beatles, where paul jives in vulgar words, but i rather believe in "help me out".

Appreciate you music addict listener out there point out what u heard that i may not have. Laughing

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it? Empty Re: Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it?

Post by JediSavant Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Try headphones man, loads more detail there... Audio Technica ATM-50's a good start!!
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it? Empty Re: Micro details in recording. Your system good enough for it?

Post by samazzah Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Agreed Shocked .
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Character sheet
Source(s): CA Azur 851 Streamer/Michell Gyro/OL Conqueror/ VDH Frog
Amplification: Nuprime STA-9
Speakers: B&W 706 /AVI DM 10

Back to top Go down

Post by CT-Boy Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Picky huh? Laughing
or is it 'fussy'? Razz
CT-Boy
CT-Boy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Pioneer PL-518X
Amplification: D'Bomb
Speakers: Monitor Audio RA252

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm

oh details... been there than that..

question is, would you want all the details there for your listening pleasure, or pressure wherein audio world is so into the smallest detail we tend to be pushed to get it out in our system

from my experience (specially rock music) you would rather loose some of the little details in exchange of musically, my ihmo only. just enjoy the music

sorry i can't seem to point this now since i don't have such resolving / revealing system but i'm happy listening to my somewhat forgiving system which looses some resolution / dynamics in terms of enjoyment if not musicality.

but i think one obvious way to know is try asking a very revealing system to play some rock music and see if you like it (i'm playing paramore now).

dont' quote me here.. i only have 2 ears, other ears might hear differently Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by mrquery on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many smileys...)

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi jedi, ya i know that. But dont quite enjoy the fact that something 'kiap'/press between ears.
Hi query, totally agree with u. There is a fine line between ok n overdoing it. It is hard to tweak the system to sound details and at the same time sound musical. It is hard at least for my cheap cheap system Smile
Dont give up on tweaks yet; chances are there are still something hidden in ur system that is waiting for u to unleash real 'iron maiden' in it.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 am

hi adrian, its late now but i manage to download one iron maiden track the wicker man. now i understand why i see this band every now and then in this forum (couldn't believed i've been missing out on something), i got same impression when i first heard black sabbath, but that's a different thread altogether,

also good luck in finding the right balance between detailed system and keeping it musical in the same time. i believe no body's ears can tell it better than yours... now back to black sabbath and discover some iron maiden. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down