Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Denon AVR-1909 AV amp opinions

5 posters

Go down

Denon AVR-1909 AV amp opinions Empty Denon AVR-1909 AV amp opinions

Post by thinaka Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 pm

I wish to purchase Denon AVR 1909 to replace my old Onkyo DS575 but not sure whether it is a good decision. I am not a savvy audiophile. I would appreciate if current users of the above can give your kind comments.

Regards.

thinaka

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Denon AVR-1909 AV amp opinions Empty Re: Denon AVR-1909 AV amp opinions

Post by fizi Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 am

hi thinaka...if u wanted to go new digital feature's just go ahead..only thing to get the best quality u also need to purchase new TV (full hd LCD/PLASMA) and Bluray player...on top of that bluray disc too...hehehehhhe Twisted Evil
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by alex Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:37 am

AVR 1909 is going to obsolete soon, very soon. The price now should be around 1.9k. It is really a bargain as when launched last year it was nearly 3k!

Plus it has received numerous awards. It will be a step above your current avr but one thing concern me is that it does not has front channel analog output, which means you cant add an integrated or power amp later to boost stereo performance.

That is one of the reason I am sticking to my old denon. Another concern is my Denon 1905 weighs 2kg more than current 1909. Wonder why???

alex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CN Yee Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Denon 1909 is a very solid proposition. I owned one for a bit over 2 months, and am very satisfied with it.

The next model 1910 is very similar in function and from reading the manual I can only see one additional feature, which is upscaling to full HD from digital input source. I wouldn't care much about it as most flat panel TV is already doing a good job at upscaling. The front panel and remote control layout also got changed, but it is arguable whether it is "better".

Do keep in mind that manual of 1909 is very badly written, so I have to refer to 1910 manuals to figure out quite a few thing. That has been a common complain of 1909.

I am using it to drive a HT setup, with Harbeth Compact 7ES3 as front speakers. I am quite satisfied with the sound and so far I don't feel the urge to upgrade to a 'proper' amplifiers for the Harbeth.

If have not been bitten by the audiophile bugs, Denon 1909 is a very solid proposition. If anything at all - I would suggest putting more resources on speakers. You can even delay buying the blue-ray player, and get a RM 280 DVD player with HDMI output. Prices of bule-ray player is surely going to come down further, and Blue-ray disks is ridiculously expensive (over RM80 a piece), with limited selections.

Check out the Harbeth or Epos speakers. These are two best value for money speakers in Malaysia at present.

CN Yee
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by thinaka Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Thank you for all your comments.

thinaka

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by amirfirdaus Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 am

Hi tinaka,, If u really like HT system came with TrueHD or HD Master sound go a head and think better about blu ray player... Denon 1909 can produce very good HD sound... About blu ray disc... sure laaa mahal. what important the blu ray player can decode any HD format and the av like denon 1909 can accept it with any speaker. Sure u will get a different.
amirfirdaus
amirfirdaus

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down