Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying?

+8
bassraptor
zeebee
WongKN
tycham
amirfirdaus
mugenfoo
fizi
lhgin
12 posters

Go down

Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying? Empty Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying?

Post by lhgin Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:27 am

Hi guys,

I saw in Harvey Norman the Panny 50" full HD plasma TV selling for RM5499.

Is this the best price one could get now in Malaysia? Any Panny users out there? How's the quality like? Rolling Eyes

Rgds, ken

lhgin
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-20

http://jandkaudiodesign.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying? Empty Re: Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying?

Post by fizi Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:32 am

The quality should be good with bluray player...
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying? Empty Re: Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying?

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:32 am

errr.. sorry, we talking the hi-fi here only.

No idea on any 50" panicsonic plank boards.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by amirfirdaus Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 am

connect to Blu ray player with best hdmi cable and u will show the different.
amirfirdaus
amirfirdaus

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 am

amirfirdaus wrote:connect to Blu ray player with best hdmi cable and u will show the different.

You believe there is such thing as the best hdmi cable?
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

tycham wrote:
amirfirdaus wrote:connect to Blu ray player with best hdmi cable and u will show the different.

hahahaha good one... but who knows man. In this forum there is even a lengthy thread on whats the best amp in the world, etc etc...
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:23 am

I am using the Panasonic PY42 full HD 42" plasma and I can strongly recommend it for excellent value for money, affordable and with very high picture quality.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

even Pioneer is buying OEM plasma screens from Panicsonic. Then only adding their own proprietary exelctronics to make a "Kuro".
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Panasonic TH-P50S10K 50" full HD plasma TV - worth buying? Empty Panasonic Plasma

Post by zeebee Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

WongKN wrote:I am using the Panasonic PY42 full HD 42" plasma and I can strongly recommend it for excellent value for money, affordable and with very high picture quality.

Wong, is your PY 42", is model number 'SK10' (same as the 50")?

Was planning to buy one as it is now packaged v. competetively with the BD60. I saw it side by side with a LCD Sony 37" at Harvey Norman, the LCD looked is much crisper and sharper but annoyingly the sales staff started to talk about other things so abort the idea then. The comparo was done under salesroom lighting, but understood plasma performs better under low-light scenario.. A review in current home theater magazine gives high recommendation for the Pana 42 but different model no (i.e the 'SK10' bit).

Hope u can tell the model no. Laughing . Thanx
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:20 pm

While I'm all for plasma over LCD - I bought a Pana 42-inch plasma a few months ago, expect your electricity bill to go up with regular use of the TV. LCD's are not so energy-consuming. Still, I have no regrets ... that momentary feeling quick passes after I pay the bill ... Smile

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Can't really go wrong with Panicsonic brand lah..
I still think say a 29" CRT TV would be an electric guzzler compared to most LCD TV. I think Plasma would be a percentage higher consumption over LCD.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:17 pm

mugenfoo wrote:
tycham wrote:

hahahaha good one... but who knows man. In this forum there is even a lengthy thread on whats the best amp in the world, etc etc...

Anything which has got the hdmi logo and is v1.3b should suffice. No need Munster or Ultra Man or Hanuman brand even though I had got a Wireworld Silver Starlight just out of curiosity.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by CN Yee Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm

I had the 42" Panasonic Plasma (not HD - 768 lines) for about 4 months. I liked it very much. Picture quality is superb. Upscaling (from Astro and from DVD 4XX lines) is superb as well.

Plasma screen lighting is more subdued, the color is not as harsh as LCD. I preferred it, as I work on the computer all day, and I find the softer lighting not so tiring for my eyes. Pixel response time for plasma is much faster as well. Mine is 600Hz, I believe yours is similar. LDC refresh rate is generally only 100/200 Hz.

CN Yee
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 pm

When I bought my TV, last year, the S10K model have not come out yet. My model was TH-42PY700H, brand new model at that time. I think the newer S10K model is slightly lower spec but has a higher frequency sub-drive (equal to motion smoothing). My TV has 480Mhz sub-drive, the S10K has 550MHz.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Ah... don't want to get into debate which is better or whatever.
I bought a Panny a year ago that I could afford without breaking the bank. I also know Panasonic don't make rubbish. That also goes for my water heater, my air con. All I require is its picture is better than my old 29" CRT clunker, perhaps less letrik consumption, and hope it doesn't die out prematurely, Panasonic Malaysia is not too far away for service.. thats it.. I don't give a damn for its specs. I'm only interested in the TV program at that point of time.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 pm

id prefer toshiba
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:54 pm

and i prefer "Samsung". Razz

No ... not really.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I prefer what I can roughly afford... and people in my home won't scold me...
I'm still waiting for 42" around RM2.5K... yep...still hoping...not some CHINA brand in the shortlist surely.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Try Desa Home Theatre at Kepong. I got my Pana for 3,699 in Carrefour, including a videocam, HDMI cable and SD card. Desa was selling same model, minus the "freebies" for around 2.6k+ ... only at the Kepong outlet!

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Actually prices for 42" have somewhat stagnated for many months now, eventhough global recession lah..whatever lah..the price is still stiff. Anyway, no hurry lah.. still have my measly 21" Samsung CRT TV just for the news, nothing more.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am

The Price for the 50" look reasonable... cheaper than most place.. is it after discount?
For Full HD very hard to get below 6k for those branded name...
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Source(s): Flatbox with LaserHead (inside)
Amplification: Heavy Blackbox with knobs (outside)
Speakers: Brownbox with hole (front)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down