Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold)

5 posters

Go down

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Empty Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold)

Post by bimmerman Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Dds2_f10

Up for sale is my Audio Alchemy DDS2 CD Transport.

Minimalist CD transport unit with a handsome black and white minimalist fascia resembling a Mark Levinson.

I've actually used this transport with my Mark Levinson No.36s DAC and they make a handsome pair together.

Tracks and plays beautifully and will read and play CD-R.

Original remote included.

RM880 Very Happy

PM or SMS me at Zero One Six 2837538

Last edited by bimmerman on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Empty Re: Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold)

Post by bimmerman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 am

Here's a rear view. Minimalist CD transport with 1 coaxial SPDIF output.

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Dds2_b10

Do bear in mind that this is a CD transport and you will need a DAC.

Cheers everyone Very Happy
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Empty Re: Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold)

Post by bimmerman Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Wow! Thanks for all the questions everyone. I guess the best way for me to answer them is in pictures.

1. Yes, the coaxial output is of high quality. Solid, gold plated and teflon ground insulated.

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Dds2_s10

2. The buttons are cold to the touch in an aircon room and the texture resembles milled aluminium. I'm assuming it's machined and anodised aluminium.

3. The display panel is red.

Audio Alchemy Digital Drive System II CD Transport (sold) Dds2_b11

4. Tracking and track searching is instantaneous. No delays.

Thank you all for your interest. Have a good day. Very Happy

bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks for looking everyone. Been a pleasure and good fun communicating and sharing with you guys. More stuff for sale soon as i'm given an ultimatum by my wife to clean up my closet, or move out. Or something to that effect... Shocked Very Happy
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kamfei0512 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Finally...I got to play some CDs with the DDS2 and I can only say MAN! I hooked up the DDS2 with DAC v1.1 and immediately I noticed these stuffs carry much higher quality-versus-price ratio than I expected. cheers

Though the AAs are hooked up to just some Kenwood AV amp but they played enjoyable music and I had a lot of fun with my other half (though the same cannot apply to my old folks at home as the AAs cannot stay in my house yet Shocked ).

And I did some visual inspection of the internals of the AA and I got shocked again to see the condition of the components inside. They are so "clean and tidy" (like bimmerman described) even I myself refused to believe the age of these AAs.

All in all, I thank bimmerman for your honesty, hospitality and information shared during my visit to your place. The PS Audio Perfect Wave and the Krell int amp bimmerman got there really opened up my ears (sorry, not eyes). I also thank bimmerman for willing to sell me the DAC thus "opening the window" for me to access better sound!

Thumbs up for bimmerman (I wish I have more thumbs)...
kamfei0512
kamfei0512
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Alchemy DDS II + DDE v1.1, Google Chromecast Audio
Amplification: Arcam FMJ A19
Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo 25

Back to top Go down

Post by yss7401 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm

How lucky you can get this transport with that amount of money.
Usual second hand price may get around RM2k if in the hand of dealer.

yss7401
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

kamfei0512 wrote:Finally...I got to play some CDs with the DDS2 and I can only say MAN! I hooked up the DDS2 with DAC v1.1 and immediately I noticed these stuffs carry much higher quality-versus-price ratio than I expected. cheers

Though the AAs are hooked up to just some Kenwood AV amp but they played enjoyable music and I had a lot of fun with my other half (though the same cannot apply to my old folks at home as the AAs cannot stay in my house yet Shocked ).

And I did some visual inspection of the internals of the AA and I got shocked again to see the condition of the components inside. They are so "clean and tidy" (like bimmerman described) even I myself refused to believe the age of these AAs.

All in all, I thank bimmerman for your honesty, hospitality and information shared during my visit to your place. The PS Audio Perfect Wave and the Krell int amp bimmerman got there really opened up my ears (sorry, not eyes). I also thank bimmerman for willing to sell me the DAC thus "opening the window" for me to access better sound!

Thumbs up for bimmerman (I wish I have more thumbs)...

You're welcome and I'm glad your're happy with your purchase. Forrest's mama once said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know whatcha gonna get". Well, I certainly have bought expensive chocolates with worms and the feeling certainly does suck. So I always do doubly best to tell it as it is and make sure the buyer knows what to expect.

Here's another goodie I forgot to mention to you. If you've opened up the DDSII you'll notice a cylindrical thingy soldered in parallel to the transformer. Well that's none other than a A/C Enacom from Harmonix! That thing alone costs RM300++ and usually works it's magic being shared by multiple devices such as your amp, source and even your LCD TV on a power strip. If you solder one of these directly to the transformer inside your CD player for instance, the sound quality goes up many many notches!!! Aren't you a lucky fella! Very Happy

Read about it here: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0912/editors_choice_blue_note_awards.htm

Well, it's true I could have sold it for RM2K and sold the Enacom separately and it would have sold faster too because at my asking price it really did seem like I was selling bad chocolates but, no, I've had great times with the Audio Alchemy and I'm moving on and I'm happy to have made someone else happy. santa

bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by etteoh Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Bimmerman is da man indeed! Dealt with him in the past. Hassle free, man of his words and a true gentleman! A keeper both as a friend and a hifi community member! Kudos bro! Smile
etteoh
etteoh
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kamfei0512 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

bimmerman wrote:You're welcome and I'm glad your're happy with your purchase. Forrest's mama once said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know whatcha gonna get". Well, I certainly have bought expensive chocolates with worms and the feeling certainly does suck. So I always do doubly best to tell it as it is and make sure the buyer knows what to expect.

Here's another goodie I forgot to mention to you. If you've opened up the DDSII you'll notice a cylindrical thingy soldered in parallel to the transformer. Well that's none other than a A/C Enacom from Harmonix! That thing alone costs RM300++ and usually works it's magic being shared by multiple devices such as your amp, source and even your LCD TV on a power strip. If you solder one of these directly to the transformer inside your CD player for instance, the sound quality goes up many many notches!!! Aren't you a lucky fella! Very Happy

Read about it here: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0912/editors_choice_blue_note_awards.htm

Well, it's true I could have sold it for RM2K and sold the Enacom separately and it would have sold faster too because at my asking price it really did seem like I was selling bad chocolates but, no, I've had great times with the Audio Alchemy and I'm moving on and I'm happy to have made someone else happy. santa

Thanks bimmerman. I received the remote control this morning which I had too much fun in your place till I forgot about it...talk about self-collect. Embarassed

Anyway, just to share some info here, attached is the pic of the Enacom (close to transformer) . I also found there is a "clamp" on top of the CD tray, just as told by bimmerman.

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img152/5839/aadds2.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited by kamfei0512 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistake)
kamfei0512
kamfei0512
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Alchemy DDS II + DDE v1.1, Google Chromecast Audio
Amplification: Arcam FMJ A19
Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo 25

Back to top Go down

Post by WWN Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 pm

bimmerman's a nice fellow ! Bought another Audio Achemy product from him earlier ! Waiting for more stuff from his closet.

WWN

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down