Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia??

+9
bbsm1958
luxman
pocoyo
mustafa
Chewkw
mclee
dheensay
ryder
tlchow811
13 posters

Go down

Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia?? Empty Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia??

Post by tlchow811 Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi

Have an old Sumo Polaris power amp that has had one channel shorted (bi-wire speaker cables came loose and touched each other!). Thought it was just the internal fuses but it isn't - as I've replaced them. WOuld appreciate any help in directing me to anyine who might be able to repair it as i'm reluctant to part with it.

Cheers

tlchow811

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia?? Empty Re: Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia??

Post by ryder Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 am

You can contact Mr. Oh at 012-2060888. Email is osheraudio888@yahoo.com. He repairs CDPs and amps.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia?? Empty Re: Help! Any technicians who can repair aged power amp in Malaysia??

Post by tlchow811 Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:12 am

Hi

Thnaks so much - will give him a tinkle!

tlchow811

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 am

Forgot to mention that his location is in Old Klang road.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tlchow811 Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi, Met with Mr Oh today. Very nice and friendly man. Hopefully her can sort it out. Thanks again. Very Happy

tlchow811

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi chief,
You can also use Edmund Jude who is in ss3, PJ. He does lots of amps, and helped with my aging Rotel 930. You can use me as a referral.

His phone no - 012 2174777

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by mclee Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:53 am

can tumpang this topic? Smile
need help to repair my woofer (8" woofer from Creative Gigaworks S750).
Driver still ok. Circuit Board got problem.
Is there any one in kl can help to fix?
Thanks. ^ ^

mclee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi mc,
I believe there is a guy on the first floor of amcorp mall who will be able to help. He is located across from the "rack n speakerstand" store Smile

Sorry i cannot recall his shop or his name.

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewkw Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi mclee,
The person at Amcorp mall is call CN Lim 0123393738, I believe Mr Oh 0122060888 OUG can help you too...
Chewkw
Chewkw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim CDS II
Amplification: Naim NAC52/NAP135
Speakers: Naim SBL

Back to top Go down

Post by mclee Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 am

Thanks dheensay and chewkw.
will do arrangement first as woofer still at JB haha.
Thanks again.

mclee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tlchow811 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi

Got my amp back from Mr Oh - not just repaired - cleaned polished and tuned as well - excellent - looks like new now!. Highly recommended - he even called up to check that everything was working fine! Thnaks again for the recommendation Very Happy

tlchow811

Back to top Go down

Post by mustafa Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 pm

highly recommended? i'm attracted to send my amp to that technician. my amp having problem with the right channel which intermittently off. someone recommend me to octave electronics near ampcorp mall but i dont have any strong testimonial like u did. thanks.
mustafa
mustafa
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pocoyo Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 pm

hi all,

i would also like to tumpang sekaki...recently my 1½ son pinch one of my tweeter Crying or Very sad ...any idea where to repair this...btw i'm using Monitor Audio Monitor 4..i tried to email Monitor Audio direct to buy the parts but until now no response from them...TQ in advance...cheers

pocoyo

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by luxman Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:17 pm

tlchow811,

Good to know that you are happy with the job on your amp. Did the amp perform as good as before? I mean, did you detect any difference in sound characteristics before and after the repair?

My spare Arcam was repaired but the performance was slightly different from its original sound by a technician.
Maybe i can try this guy out.

Thanks

luxman

Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Mr. Oh is from E&E engineering background before he ventured into this business full-time. Prices are reasonable and most of all workmanship is good. In order to fix a particular amp, he would need to get the circuit diagram of the model and/or determine the availability of original parts. Most of my repaired amps are returned in good working condition without any follow-ups.

Another good thing is he's a soft-spoken and friendly guy, more like a friend to me now. Occassionally he will keep me and his large group of hifi contacts informed by email when he has got customers' who would like to sell some of their used stuff or equipment.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bbsm1958 Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Oh is a night guy and charge with reasonable price , highly recommend but he has only 2 hands , dont pour too much stuffs to him otherwise i need to Que long long time lo.

bbsm1958

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Just my 55cents worth :

Luxman,
I wonder whether you need time for the new parts to burn in, before it sounds better Smile

With a lot of old stuff, its impossible to get original parts. So getting equivolent parts with the same numbers is essential.

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by luxman Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 pm

dheensay,

I agree with you that burn-in of the parts will yield the full potential. If it doesn't sound right you'll notice it after couple of hours of run-in.

Thanks

luxman

Back to top Go down

Post by Opera Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 am

Can Mr. Oh repair speaker ? One of my speaker no sound at all.

Opera
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by impactzone Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 pm

I am Edmund Jude, a full-time professional Audio
Video Repair Engineer with more than 15 years experience in
repair of professional audio equipment and musical instruments.
I have Sound Engineering
qualification from SAE and electronic repair
certification as well. I am a member of the Audio
Engineering Society (New York). Therefore all
allignments and callibration that i perform on the
equipment (dolby surround, CD EFM callibration
etc.)are utilizing the Audio Engineering Society
Stadards.

I Specialize in Servicing & Repair Of The
Following Types Of Amplifiers:

HIFI AMPLIFIERS
VALVE AMPLIFIERS
ACOUSTIC AMPLIFIERS
BASS AMPLIFIERS
GUITAR AMPLIFIERS
KEYBOARD AMPLIFIERS
POWER AMPLIFIERS
POWER MIXERS
HOME AMPLIFIERS
5.1 CHANNEL AMPLIFIERS

FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES OR TO ARRANGE TO GET YOUR
AMPLIFIER REPAIRED CALL : 012-2174777 (Mr. Edmund
Jude) or CLICK HERE TO VISIT WEBSITE

impactzone
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-03-16

http://www.audioservices.com.my

Back to top Go down

Post by clkhoo Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 am

Sorry to hijack this thread. I have a 17 yr old Cyrus One Amp, the selector switch is somewhat loose/ not connecting properly and need a few turns before getting it connected properly. Anyone with such experience before? I'm worried about sending to a technician unless its someone can be trusted as the amp has never been service/opened.

clkhoo

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 am

clkhoo wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread. I have a 17 yr old Cyrus One Amp, the selector switch is somewhat loose/ not connecting properly and need a few turns before getting it connected properly. Anyone with such experience before? I'm worried about sending to a technician unless its someone can be trusted as the amp has never been service/opened.

Maybe you should open it up yourself to rectify the problem which could be a simple one to solve.

Seems like we both share the same concern of sending our equipment for servicing by technicians we do not know, which is why it took me so long before I decided to send my Quad CD66 for servicing at the local agent.

And when I got it back there was a screw for securing the RCA jack to casing missing, and the clip for the switch PCB assembly to CD mechanism also missing. But they did a perfect job on the electronic though.

Sometime we are left with no choice.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down