Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Surge Protector / AVR

5 posters

Go down

Surge Protector / AVR Empty Surge Protector / AVR

Post by vaj Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

Hi, just bought a new hifi (Marantz PM KI Pearl + KEF LS50) recently. The problem arise now is my old AVR (SAVR-2000) that i bought from Tong Lee at lowyat last time.

The AVR work like a charm with my old set, a pc and Edifier C3. The vocal and instrument sound just how they are suppose to be after having the AVR. It's a huge different from the fake sound that the C3 produce at first. Beside that, the noise is also reduce by a lot.

However, after upgrading my Edifier C3 to my new hifi set, the AVR give a totally different experience. The vocal and instrument already sound right without the AVR. After using the AVR, it sound right, however the vocal and instrument totally lost their dynamic expression. The noise is also reduced by a lot but there are missing a lot of detailed instrument sound.

I tried swapping the hifi set with the C3 and the AVR still work like a charm with my C3. So was wondering what surge protector that i can use with my new setup? I have done some googling, Torus Power and Pure Power that able to regenerate AC power is having good review but they are way too expensive. Powertrans which is local product seem to have some positive feedback but not much info found online. Shunyata hydra which seem to be an expensive noise filter + surge protector seem to be having good review as well.

Any advice on what surge protector product that can protect my new setup without burn a hole in my wallet and retain the sound of my new hifi?

vaj

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Surge Protector / AVR Empty avr regulator

Post by leeweichen_chen Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Bro, u can try isotek evo3 aquarius or furutech tp609

leeweichen_chen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Bladelius Freja, Dr. Feickert blackbird, Rega rp6, Hana SL, Lyra helikon, Nagaoka MP500
Amplification: 47Lab phonostage DIY, ANK L5 signature phonostage, Yaqin MS33B (phono), Kondo M7 pre DIY, Primaluna(pre), primaluna (power)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Guaneri, Tannoy

Back to top Go down

Surge Protector / AVR Empty Re: Surge Protector / AVR

Post by sph Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 am

If you like your old combination, then why change to a new hifi system which you don't like?
Sell off your new system and stick to the old one.

There is no way you are going to retain the "old sound" with the new components in the new combination.

Perhaps you are not used to the "new sound". Perhaps the new system hasn't quite achieved the much needed burn-in period yet.

The Edifier C3 (I presume the C3 is a powered speaker?) is no match for the KEF LS50. The LS50 is a distinctively different class of speaker compared to the Edifier. I'm sure you must have noticed the price difference between the two.

The AVR (you didn't name the AVR) won't do justice to the LS50 either. Neither did you mention the power, interconnect or speaker cables you are using.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

I think your edifier C3 is a PC speaker, so bro there is a huge difference between a PC speaker and a HiFi system.

My view is that probably your AVR is not as up to par as you thought i would be and maybe your Edifier C3 based system weren't transparent enough to review it and now you have had a full fledged HiFi system and that could be the cause of revealing in sound due to the AVR problem. 

Another reason could be that maybe you AVR's power output is not as high, therefore affecting the performance of your system. If u are looking for a cheapo but effective power conditioner you can try Corcom Power conditioner selling in this very forum. I do not distribute it but i am a proud owner of it, sounded wonderful for me. 

What i have said are just my personal opinion to share with you. BTW the Corcom is not a surge protector. 

Regards, 
zaku51

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Note, Ear-Yoshino, Naim, Audio Research, Apple TV, Apple MacAir
Amplification: Naim, Plinius, Conrad Johnson, EAR-Yoshino, Audio Research
Speakers: Eggleston Works, Focus Audio, Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by Naim-ThoR Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 am

Use balanced AC isolation transformer for better noise immunity.
sell AVR, omit the surge protector.
Every equipment's has it internal fuse and makesure the circuit breaker is working.

I leave my Naim ON 24H/Day, I experienced one thunderfull raining afternoon, my ELCB tripped that saved my system at last my Naim survived!
Naim-ThoR
Naim-ThoR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541 古军碟机
Amplification: solid state 经典佳机
Speakers: italia

http://www.hifi4sale.net/t32755-no-money-no-tweak-no-talk

Back to top Go down