Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base

+7
wingman
sonyman1
saintambrose
alfred
kamfei0512
bal
adrian4454
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Empty New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base

Post by adrian4454 Fri May 17, 2013 4:01 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Layout11

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Overvi12

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Materi11

Equipment Cone : Basic Dimension: Dia 32mm, height 26mm. Tolerance +/-0.1mm, but generally achieve +/-0.05mm. All genuine material grade. All solid core.

Brass, Stainless Steel SUS316, or, Copper: 1pc = RM15, 6pcs = RM85

Aluminum AL6061, Delrin plastic: 1pc = RM13, 6pcs = RM72

Speaker Cone : Basic Dimension: Dia 28mm, height 12mm. Tolerance +/-0.1mm, but generally achieve +/-0.05mm. All genuine material grade. All solid core.

Brass, Stainless Steel SUS316, or, Copper: 1pc = RM14, 6pcs = RM80

Aluminum AL6061, Delrin plastic: 1pc = RM12, 6pcs = RM70

Base Plate : Basic Dimension: Dia 20mm, height 5mm. Tolerance +/-0.1mm, but generally achieve +/-0.05mm. All genuine material grade. All solid core.

Brass, Stainless Steel SUS316, or, Copper: 1pc = RM12, 6pcs = RM70

Aluminum AL6061, Delrin plastic: 1pc = RM11, 6pcs = RM62

COD, Free Shipping using Poslaju for Semenanjung Malaysia only. East Malaysia, may need to add cost for shipping, please ask.

All Parts are order to make basis, please allow 2 days for machining works.

Interested: Email me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], 01two-379six481, or PM me. Thanks.

Last edited by adrian4454 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : image)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Empty Re: New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base

Post by adrian4454 Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Equipm12

Usage: Equipment(CD Player, DAC, Pre, Power amp) should generally take 3 pcs of Equipment Cone, you can experiment with 4pcs, but it is difficult to achieve balance because of certain surface leveling issue. Balance start by identifying where the transformer is in the equipment. Place 1 underneath it and place the remaining 2 apart making an equal triangle. Of course, you can experiment your own.

The effect of cones to control vibration, by absorbing, reflecting, or grounding it away or into the equipment will often have similar/greater effect of a interconnect, speaker position change. You can easily hear the effect even on a budget system. Often than not, the way of doing it not correctly lead to some people thinking this is just another placebo effect.

The correct way to hear the best sound effect cone made: The Cone Accuracy and consistency in measurement and material grade need to be good. And the equipment needs to be level. To obtain the best result, the contact surface between the cone and the equipment should not have any other thing else like adhesive or paper.

Stay tune as I will explain how generally each of the material sound.. Very consistence and very audible in some application.

Last edited by adrian4454 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar, Image)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Empty Re: New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base

Post by bal Fri May 17, 2013 6:30 pm

very interesting.... can't wait for more. !!! Very Happy

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 am

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Coneco11

The fundanmental sound characteristic of cones under the speaker and equipment is, it improves definition of your music reproduction. Musical notes/instruments that sound monotone will start to have some separation and easier to follow. You will also notice more rhythm in artist singing instead of just a string of melody words passing through.

About the material grade and the sound characteristic they have. I try to be more objective in my explanation and talk more of it basic characteristic. As it tend to sound slightly different from equipment to system. But fear not, the basic of it charactertistic still remain. Make no mistake, metallurgy(other than the Delrin, because it is not metal la.) aspect of this material is very audible, no snake oil here, pure vitamin. Whether it brings good health or otherwise, that's up to your system synergy working along or against it.

Brass: Have generally the most balance sound of all. Clarity improves across the frequency range. Without much emphasis of certain frequency.

SUS316: Quite balance. Very business like kind of sound. Think Bryston, you are not far from it. Strong Emphasis of naunce. Very details and strong sounding music notes. Strong tuneful bass. If you system has a balance sound to start with, it is best to have all 3 into 1 equipment.

Copper: This is a romantic sounding fellow, it is not wrong that the audio industry associates it with warmth. Smooth sounding with trace of warmth from low to upper mid frequency., but leave the high frequency untouch. Good for tuning. Not always work good having all 3 into 1 equipment.

AL6061: If it is for the sake of selling this cone, I will use the term aviation grade aluminum. Which it is! This sounds like "loud and clear". It has something like a quickening effect. Music sound more upbeat and alive. This one also not advise to have all 3 into 1 equipment, but more for tuning.

Delrin(Polyoxymethylene): This sound like a cross breed between Brass and Copper Cone. OK, I understand Brass is mixture of zinc and copper, so does it mean add more copper? I leave this with you. But this one has achieve my lingering thought of better sound from my system. I almost give up tuning with cone to get a more balance sound from my system. All the mixing of the above cones always still leave some very slight level of high frequency shouting in my system. The Delrin make all the different without sacrificing what I manage to achieve. Delrin sounds dense, a bit prominent, and natural without sacrifice both frequency extreme. It also sounded richer in texture. No, the is no different in sound for white or black color Smile . You can select the color you want for aesthetic purpose only.

To be continue...

Last edited by adrian4454 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar, image)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Baseco11

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Speake12

With so much "nonsense" of sound effect I throw at you. You wont know where to start, or even bother about starting.

Dont worry, you still manage to go somewhere by just simply "dumping" the cones under the equipment. What I am trying to do here is to share my experience, so you waste less time getting the best out of this cone tweaking.

Base Plate: I made this one for the sake avoiding the needle sharp cone puncture the furniture or equipment if you intend to have the cone pointing upward. But again, it also possess similar characteristic as describe before on the above. Another use of this base plate to tilt speaker or speaker stand. Have you always have the tendency of having singer sitting low while singing? By putting 2pcs to each front of the speaker stand , effectively lift the singer up and giving a more correct sound perspective. This is 5mm thick and small foot print, this help reduce it own ringing and taking in external vibration.

Speaker Cone placement: Having 3 for each speaker always the easiest setup. Having 4 will be tricky, like I mention before, the surface isnt always perfectly flat. Setup like the one I show above where the baffle end having only 1 cone while the back have 2, emphasis on bass note. Give more bass weight and improve bass response. The 1 in front give you a more natural 3D soundstage, with a also smoother vocal rendition. When 2 cones at Baffle(Which mean in front where the speaker driver is mounted) and 1 at the back, The focus improve, image become more cut out. 3D soundstage become more stable. Bass on the other hand, become tuneful and less forceful.

Cone tip Pointing upward or downward: Ideally, it should be pointed downward.. where vibration goes from the large surface of the contact and get transmit down to the tip of the cone, and reduce vibration from external climb from tip toward the large surface. This will make musical notes and voice decay in very natural way, very pleasing. But on certain system, it start to make the musical body more delicate and thinner.

If you turn the tip upward, the sound become fuller and thicker, more pronounce. Decay not as smooth and sometimes can sound harsh.

Now you have it, the basic of thing moving forward. But it is not bed of roses all the time, you need to work on it to get the best out of it. In the end of day, it is the synergy of the system that count, not an individual component.

To be continue...

Last edited by adrian4454 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional photo)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Equipm13

Combination of Cones: I find better result can be achieved byusing combination of Cones instead of all from the same material. I suggest you get 3pcs of Brass to start with. Just like the photo above of my Exposure amp. 1pc near the transformer area, 1pc near the RCA inputs area, and 1pc in front. This piece in front, you can start switching to any other material to experience the instant sound effect. 5 seconds top, faster than changing interconnect. My amp setup manage to get better result with 2 Brass Cone at back and 1 Delrin cone at front. While my speaker get more and firmer bass with 2 SUS316 cone at the back and 1 Brass at the front.

To be continue...

Last edited by adrian4454 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon May 27, 2013 1:45 pm

BUMP...

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kamfei0512 Mon May 27, 2013 4:29 pm

adrian4454 wrote:You can easily hear the effect even on a budget system. Often than not, the way of doing it not correctly lead to some people thinking this is just another placebo effect.

Any budget system? Shocked

I am always being skeptical on how good or how much difference could these cones make to budget and humble systems.

Not to say I doubt these cones but I have no idea at all on how good would they perform for low budget systems, i.e. budget range of 2~3k.
kamfei0512
kamfei0512
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Alchemy DDS II + DDE v1.1, Google Chromecast Audio
Amplification: Arcam FMJ A19
Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo 25

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm

When i was a school boy...hahahah that takes me back a few decades... actually when i was in university, and was deep into studies and hifi at the same time, money was very limited . So i had to improve the sound in cheaper ways, and even with a simple QED integrated 30watter driving some denon speakers (later proac!) using a first gen cd player, the sound was much improved with cones as mentioned in the thread above.

Footers do so much. Until now i have tried and still try new ones to see the type of changes they bring. Even if your budget is small (actually, ESPECIALLY if your budget is small), the cones make quite phenomenal changes in sound, usually for the better.

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by alfred Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 pm

all type of spike and footer make a difference even plastic cone shape will make a difference, the only thing is weather this cone suit u or not, some will bring out the high freq some will bring out the low and some will just lower down noise n project better image. so the best thing is to learn what character is your system is then only buy what u need.
alfred
alfred
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Character sheet
Source(s): pioneer pd s901 as transport \ denon dcd s10 d/a
Amplification: krell pre / threshold
Speakers: LS 5/12A, Spendor 2/3

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon May 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Bal,

Haha, Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope it would help me to sell some more cone~

Hi Kamfei,

Do this, try 3pcs chinese tea cup or anything of same shape under ur speaker.. see if you can hear the different. If you do, you can start thinking of buying this from me. Do note, hearing a different doesnt necessarily mean improvement.

A lot Branded stuff out there always keen of telling you a guarantee improvement. Which is not always the case, the synergy of your system or another new tweak somewhere in your system.. will bring you that improvement. Hearing better details could be consider as an improvement, but in the expense of your system overall balance.. that may not be an improvement. Good luck~

Regards,

Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by saintambrose Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 am

Placing it under the amp or equipment will help i prove sound meh? How le

saintambrose
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sonyman1 Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 am

saintambrose, this is call vibration reduction and stability of the small point contact from the equipment to the furniture.

It does help, especially anything that got to do with HIFI.

sonyman1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 am

HI Saint,

Thanks for asking. I will be caution into saying it will improve. I would rather use the word "change". Yes you should hear a different in sound. Improvement will needs you to work harder into the "dark art" of tweaking.

Like sonyman said, it is a way to control vibration. Vibration has a lot to do with sound/music reproduction. Because it is vibration that make the sound.

Regards,

Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 am

It's true. Placing cones or other vibration control devices noticeably affects the sound. It is hard for me to imagine, and I have no science to tell you why. But my amplifier loves the black diamond racing cones underneath it. Then I got itchy and tired Cardas wood blocks that I bought on the internet and the only place it sounded good was under my DAC. The cd player did not like it and the pace and rhythm suffered, as well as the sound became loose, the bass lost definition, and really the sound was horrid. Tried the cardas wood blocks under the amp and nope, still no good.

Strange eh? But true. So many positive reviews about the Cardas wood blocks but under my system they sounded horrid.

Bal

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Bal,

I got Stainless Steel/Aluminum 6061 cone to your help. I have 3pcs diamond racing too.. I think mine is type 2. Pretty quick sounding.. very difficult to get it to work with my amp and DAC.. only find place under the CD Player.

My cheap cheap Stainless steel/Aluminum 6061 maybe can offer the devil you are looking for.

Regards,

Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kamfei0512 Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks a lot to Bal and Adrian, for giving me these advices at no charge at all Very Happy

The end of the month is coming which also means PAYDAY is around the corner!!!
Let me work through some experiment with the Chinese tea cups and see if I could squeeze some extra juice out of my already dried up wallet Sad
kamfei0512
kamfei0512
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Alchemy DDS II + DDE v1.1, Google Chromecast Audio
Amplification: Arcam FMJ A19
Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo 25

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue May 28, 2013 12:26 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Conepl10

HI All,

Above is Additional sharing because some of you do own some rather intimidating equipment. The size and weight of an elephant leg. Smile And changes are, you may bend your equipment casing if you locate the cone into a soft spot of your casing.

If your equipment is more than 40kg, I will suggest you not to get this cone. 2 reasons:

1st: Although all the metal cone can at least take 15 kg each, it doesnt have the surface area big enough to support your equipment.

2nd: Equipment at this weight, often of premium grade. There are some level of vibration control build into them or being considered during their design phase. So it may not sound good with additional damping or control. But again I could be so wrong Smile

To be continue... On other suggested placement and fine tuning.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by saintambrose Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 pm

So what do u recommend for my denon 3312 and how to place it, since its not that expensive, let give it a shot. Where u loc

saintambrose
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Denon_10

Hi Saint,

This is what I can think of from the picture I find in the web. If this is exactly how your Denon 3312 looks like.

You can try out with 3pcs of Brass Equipment Cone. Tip pointing downward. If you have furniture to take care of(instead like me, who has chopping board to take the brunt).. you may want the base plate. You can get 3pcs Brass Base plate.

You can get 1pc of stainless steel, Delrin, Aluminum Equipment to replace the fun cone, if you fancy tweaking. If cash is tight, you can try with 1pc of Base plate of different material. The effect will not be as pronounce as the Equipment cone. Mean time, you can move the position of the fun cone inches towards the direction shown on the picture... sometimes u can hear differences in sound~

Last edited by adrian4454 on Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by saintambrose Thu May 30, 2013 1:12 am

For the fun cone I Dunn really get it, should I either get delrin, alluminiun or stainless steel or I get all 3?

Where your location ? U hav shop or private

saintambrose
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 am

Hi Saint,

To make it simple, get all 3 Equipment Cone Brass to try out. The Fun cone is a definition I give to 1 of the 3 cones. Ideally, it is still 3 Cones under 1 equipment.

The fun cone is something you can start experimenting in the later stage by changing material or swifting it location a bit left and right to hear the sound change, if you really smitten by the idea of cone tweaking.

Private and I am from Melaka. Thanks.

Regards,

Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 am

Hi Adrian...

Interesting read up...what would be your recommendation for a CDP and a TT ? How would "speaker cones" fair out for a CDP / AMP....lower centre of gravity effect ?

My floorstanders currently have 4 spikes....was toying with the idea of placing them on a hard top - like marble or a stone slab resting on speaker cones. Would that improve the SQ presentation ? Thanks.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu May 30, 2013 12:15 pm

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Coneon10

Hi Wingman,

Wah.. I never go that far into having marble/concrete slab under speaker/equipment. Joki and some other forummer did that before.. I think it should improve on details, stabilise the soundstage, and stronger and better define bass response. But I believe it is more effective to "slab" if your current flooring is of carpet or wood veneer. As carpet may have absorb too much energy if your spikes do not penetrate good enough to the concrete floor, while wood flooring absorb and resonate that could mess up the sound. Otherwise, it will be like mine, direct to tile floor, largest piece of concrete~.

Any mechanical disc player/transport should start with the above picture suggested placement.

Other fine tuning/tweaking you can try on Equipment Cone for amp and DAC are, when you have them closer or further apart from each other as shown on the yellow dotted arrow above. From what I've discovered, music becomes more refine, smooth, natural, or delicate when cones are closer to each other, sometimes this can be perceived as less define, fragile, and image start to blur out.

When they are further apart, focus, clarity, size of soundstage improve. Or it becomes harsh, shouty, or analytical. All depend on your system. So your mile may vary~

You are correct, the shorter speaker cone is done in such a way for it better stability on speaker. Not that practical for Equipment as it can't even reach Equipment base as most equipment has footer that is much taller. I never did try speaker cone for equipment, you may need to take out the equipment original footer to have a go with it. But again, it surface is not large enough to give a better contact to the equipment.

Last edited by adrian4454 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Adrian...

Sad No. ...you do not have a picture of a NAD CDP.....just kidding....would say my NAD CDP is similar to your Exposure CDP build.

My speakers are currenltly sitting directly on floor tiles via base plates....wanting to explore a two layered platform for my floorstanders....would the SQ be improved is my question that needs to be explored..?

What make of cones do you recommend for both these scenarios ? Am i safe to assume that these various makes of cones will produce different results at varying levels depending on the type of application.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi Wingman,

The Exposure CDP is a picture from the web. Never own 1 before. Like I said, I never experiment with marble slab underneath the speaker or speaker stand before. I cannot comment anymore than I can think of above.

Yes, the cones will produce different sound as per what I've shared in this thread.

Since your floorstander already spiked, there is no more cone required. between the slabs, all metals cones can be explored except the Delrin, which is advisable to carry weight not more than 10kg each. I sincerely dont know what to expect of this. But if your slab is 3 to 4 inch thick each.. most likely you wont hear any different.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Adrian...

Thanks and no worries.

cheers
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:53 pm

BUMP.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by scwong Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 am

adrian4454 wrote:Bump~
How do you place speaker cone tip pointing downward on the speaker base? Do you stick the base of cone with double sided tape and stick it onto the bottom of the speaker? Otherwise, it is difficult to do so without a helper to hold the speaker and another person to place the cone. What speaker cone (material) is suitable to control bass? I got a Quad 12L on a half sand filled four column stand. Your advice is highly appreciated .... and enjoyable too!

scwong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 223

Character sheet
Source(s): cd format
Amplification: Integrated
Speakers: bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am

Hi wong,
Any softer or adhesive substance between the speaker base and cone will impair the coupling capability the metal cone can offer. Metal cone in transmitting/drain vibration into the stand.
It is a 1 person job for having the cones on bookshelf speakers, aslong as it is not 15kgeach. Put the cones on the stand at ease, place the speaker on top, n the cones will level itself up. Then u can adjust it to the position u intended. Easy n just minimum practise.
If i understand correctly, u may want a more tuneful bass which is solid and forceful? Yes, the ss316 will help.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:20 am

Code:
New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Denon_10

I have the above Denon 3808.
I want to improve the overall AQ. Which type of cones do you recommend and where is the best placement for them?
Thank you.
klimal
klimal
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Character sheet
Source(s): SLAT L75, OPPO 203D, Asus TinkerBoard / Topping D90
Amplification: LL9226 SUT, AHT Non Sig., EAR834 clone, BAT VK-3000SE, BAT VK150se, Emotiva XPA7 Gen3
Speakers: SB Acoustics Rinjani front main, DIY SBA Satori Center, , ELS3 sides Epos KI overheads. , Subwoofers SVS SB16Ultra, PC13Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by DrWho Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:45 am

adrian4454,
Can yo do customised dimensions for brass? I need 8 nos 28mm diameter and 32mm height.
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Klimal and Dr Who,
Sorry for the delay in reply. For Klimal, try 3 pcs of brass equipment cones as the safest path moving forward. I dont have access now to illustrate from ur photo, but i will try to do it tomorrow. Your placement should be not far off from denon 3312 above.

Dr Who, yes can custom to the size u want. Do let me know that u need is cone or base plate and qty, do PM me. Thanks.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:14 am

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Denon311

Hi Klimal,

This is how I can imagine you can try put the cones on your Denon 3808. 2 positioning possible, No1 or No2. Mean time, I do believe you may have something that can take care of the sharp needle like tip, as it will make hole into any wooden furniture.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

I am thinking the new 50 sen coins might do the trick as footers.
klimal
klimal
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Character sheet
Source(s): SLAT L75, OPPO 203D, Asus TinkerBoard / Topping D90
Amplification: LL9226 SUT, AHT Non Sig., EAR834 clone, BAT VK-3000SE, BAT VK150se, Emotiva XPA7 Gen3
Speakers: SB Acoustics Rinjani front main, DIY SBA Satori Center, , ELS3 sides Epos KI overheads. , Subwoofers SVS SB16Ultra, PC13Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:23 am

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DrWho Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 am

klimal wrote:I am thinking the new 50 sen coins might do the trick as footers.

1 sen coins will produce better sonic results
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Empty Improvement with speaker cones

Post by scwong Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

Bought 6 pcs of alu spk cones from Adrian.  Set it up under the Quad 12L bookshelf.  2 pcs on the back and 1 pcs in front and did not shift speakers out of my favourite positions (as per advice by Adrian).

The signature sound of the set up was retained but it has become more musical.  Have tried variation of positions.  The original position with the cones is still the best.

The price improvement ratio is worth it.

scwong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Wong,
     Thanks for the feedback. Mean time what u have are stainless steel version, aluminum will be very light !

Regards,
Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

New Equipment & Speaker Vibration Control Cones and Base Empty Reasonable Harvest for a Small Price

Post by scwong Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 am

Following an improvement to my set-up from my previous purchase of speaker cones, it did crossed my mind to completely had my system properly supported.  Therefore, I bought 3 brass cones to place beneath my exposure 2010 cdp to the exact location as per instruction. 

I listen to a variety of music.  Hence, a balance spectrum of sound is highly favoured.  Frankly, the improvement gained is not as apparent to speaker cones.  Nevertheless, it cleaned up the whole sound frequency.  Again, the signature sound of the system remained intact.  There is a clean and well defined separation.  The sound is somewhat noticeably tone down and slightly lack of excitement.  But, fortunately you have the choice of cranking the volume up which I did.  And the sound did came to life with greater poise than before.

I can conclude that in my set-up, the speaker cones and equipment cones did achieved my goal of cleaning up loose end of the sound, bringing better definition and separation while retaining its originality.  It is advisable to threat both, the speakers and equipment support as a package to harvest the advantages of what it may bring to your system for a small faction of the cost.

scwong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Wong,
       Thanks for the feedback. Yes indeed sometimes it is like lowering of volume..
But it is more like less smearing and lessen of resonance.. and when u crank up the volume to reach similar loudness again; u will hear clearer, cleaning, and more well defined  music reproduction.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Bump.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:57 pm

BUMP~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 am

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:41 am

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Bump~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next