Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore

+7
wingman
dennis611
hughesths
soonthas
sflam
chenht
thinaka
11 posters

Go down

SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Empty SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore

Post by thinaka Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm

There appears to be limited number of SACD and audiophile cds being sold in KL and they are rather very expensive. Anyone have information on where can I get a reasonable priced SACD and audiophile cds what is the cost in KL and Singapore.

Regards.

Thinaka

thinaka

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Empty Re: SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore

Post by chenht Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Depending on the tittles, I padi SG$ 30-45 for SACD and in Malaysia they are retailed from EM 110-150 SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Icon_mad
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Cary Audio
Amplification: Eletrocompaniet
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Empty Re: SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore

Post by sflam Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Victoria Music Centre has a section solely for audiophile CDs, SACDs, xrcds, etc. It has outlets in Amcorp Mall, Sg Wang, Bangsar Shopping Centre and Atria.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soonthas Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 am

Honestly, many of my Australia, Germany, US and EU recorded cds sound better than my more expensive sacds and audiophiles cds, my audiophile friends also agree on this.

soonthas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:59 am

You can say that again

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dennis611 Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:06 am

There is someone selling audiophile cds at mycarhifi under item for sale corner. Check it out

dennis611
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 am

Should try the shops at Ampang Park
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 am

Try HMV at Orchard Rd, S'pore. More selections.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:55 pm

HMV in Orchard Road is very expensive especially considering the MY vs SGP currency exchange!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 am

If you want SACDs cheap, try the music stores across the States, you can get some for USD5-10. But are you willing to travel there for a purchase? If not HMV, S'pore still offers one of the best selection of SACDs/ Audiophile CDs.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:44 am

Or you can try www.interglobalmusic.com.my

I think they import more audiophile CDs besides the ones listed on their website. Try to contact them and see what else they offer.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

joydivision wrote:Or you can try www.interglobalmusic.com.my

I think they import more audiophile CDs besides the ones listed on their website. Try to contact them and see what else they offer.

Interglobal music only deals with imported CDs or also local pressings?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:25 pm

llsaw wrote:
joydivision wrote:Or you can try www.interglobalmusic.com.my

Interglobal music only deals with imported CDs or also local pressings?

If not mistaken, they import almost all of their stuffs but I could be wrong. Perhaps Mr. Cheah from Inter Global Music can clarify this. His nickname on this forum is igmcheah.

I've bought some cds from Interglobal previously and all of them are imported.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:47 am

OK.. I've sent query via InterGlobal website. Hope they respond.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Joydivision sed:

... If you want SACDs cheap, try the music stores across the States, you can get some for USD5-10. But are you willing to travel there for a purchase? If not HMV, S'pore still offers one of the best selection of SACDs/ Audiophile CDs.[quote]

I suppose we have the option of the www to go to; been buying SACD and SHMCD (and now blu-rays) cheers online from amazon and cdjapan for a while now, and most of the times at bargain price relatively speaking from what they're asking here.

At one time one of studios sort of cleared up their stocks and selling off audiophile quality SACD's between USD8 to USD11 a pop, even cheaper than CDs selling here even when taking into consideration shipping cost. So far these items for personal consumption weren't taxed and delivery time very fast. In general, for amazon.com (US), if you order 'awal bulan' i.e early dates of each month, the delivery time is very fast. From amazon jp, faster, but they use and charge UPS or FEDEX. From amazon.ca (Canada), hmmm... cheap but you have to wait for at least 2 months !!! Another good thing is that they'll re-send/replace the order if gone missing with no question asked (provided with reasonable proof of this happening).

Did go to Singapore yonks ago and noticed that they do have wider selection and prices ok too. I suppose if you happen to be there you should grab some but if have to pay for toll, petrol and makan angin $ and cents, I think online is a good option.

Occasionally, we do get good bargain from local stores like rock corner (in 1U and Subang Parade) and Border Bookstore at the Curve.

The thing is to get these buys as the 'original' stuff. Evil or Very Mad Even for some of the established 'chain-stores' you find in almost all the shopping complexes here (no names here), sometimes you can't help thinking whether the stuff you buy is the original thing after you have made the purchase when you found 'similar' packaging of CD and DVDs at the local 'pirate-stores'. Nothing's more annoying than not getting the ori but paying for them. Evil or Very Mad.

My two sens worth Very Happy

Cheers,

zeebee
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:32 pm

zeebee wrote:
The thing is to get these buys as the 'original' stuff. SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Icon_evil Even for some of the established 'chain-stores' you find in almost all the shopping complexes here (no names here), sometimes you can't help thinking whether the stuff you buy is the original thing after you have made the purchase when you found 'similar' packaging of CD and DVDs at the local 'pirate-stores'. Nothing's more annoying than not getting the ori but paying for them. SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Icon_evil.

Yup I agree with that. I have seen pirated CDs sold in established music stores in KL in very small copies. Depending on the quality of the copies, some are easier to distinguish compared to others. Some even sell albums from indie labels and they are imported from Taiwan. Nothing against that really, but why do I want to pay premium price (RM 50 - RM 60 a piece) for that when I can get a US pressing online for a similar price.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Don't forget Amazon UK. Delivery only takes a week at very decent prices!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:06 pm

llsaw wrote:OK.. I've sent query via InterGlobal website. Hope they respond.

Interglobal has yet to respond and I doubt they will. Usual Malaysia Boleh attitude and service...

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 am

www.musicdirect.com

www.acousticsounds.com

http://www.malmusic.com/
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:54 am

llsaw wrote:
llsaw wrote:OK.. I've sent query via InterGlobal website. Hope they respond.

Interglobal has yet to respond and I doubt they will. Usual Malaysia Boleh attitude and service...

Interglobal have responded. Unfortunately both the titles I requested are local pressing Sad

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 am

llsaw wrote: Interglobal have responded. Unfortunately both the titles I requested are local pressing SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Icon_sad

If you don't mind to share with us, what are the 2 titles you are looking for?
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:32 am

joydivision wrote:
llsaw wrote: Interglobal have responded. Unfortunately both the titles I requested are local pressing SACD & Audiophile CDs availability in KL/S'pore Icon_sad

If you don't mind to share with us, what are the 2 titles you are looking for?

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die and the latest Dolores O' Riordan album..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:38 am

llsaw wrote: Prodigy - Invaders Must Die and the latest Dolores O' Riordan album..

If you are in KL, you can try visiting Rock Corner at Bangsar. Speak to Andrew and he might be able to import for you. I have asked him to import some CDs previosly.

Last edited by joydivision on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 am

Nope I'm in Penang. Its fine anyway. I will just order from Amazon

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down