Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New)

Go down

HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New) Empty HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New)

Post by alvin1118 Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 pm

HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New) 12
Introduction

• MPA2.5 is a Class A Preamp/Headphone Amp, Designed & Built by, hohodiy, Taiwan.

• HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New) 13
  • HoHo DIY MPA2.5 preamp/headphone amp (New) 14

Quick Features

• Ultra Low Noise R-Core AC Transformer and Precision Dual Voltage Regulator provide MPA2.5 exceptional grade of power supply.

• Class A powered MPA2.5 results in soothing smooth and tube like music with near zero distortion. Crystal clear clarity and detailed music enhanced long hour listening pleasure.

• Pumped with the Wima, Elna SILMIC and Pana FC audio grade caps, the MPA2.5 is certainly feed with exotic components. These caps are world renown to have exceptional performance, and now is brought to meet the high expectation from MPA2.5.

• Famous MOGAMI Neglex OFC internal wiring and Genuine Japan made ALPS Volume Pot and Signal Selector are of the high end quality, ensure lowest possible lost in signal transmission.

• Built in 4x signal inputs selector and Preamp/Headphone switchable design maximized the flexibility of user required application. Solid built gold plated copper RCA jacks, excellent conductivity and durability assured.

The Build

• Armour-ed with 6mm of solid built, anodized aluminum, the MPA2.5 is not only a songbird machine, but also a visual art piece. Definitely a plus one to eye candy in your living room.

The Sound

• How it sounds? Before elaboration, believe it yourself with the following RMAA reports!

• Audio Measurement
    • RMAA MPA2.5 Report

Well, numbers aren't everything. But something that can produce these numbers got to be very, very good!
    Excellent sound quality assured! Welcome for audition/home trial to believe it with your own ears!

The Local User Review by Melvin

• First review so here goes Smile

Recently got an MPA2.5 from Alvin and when I plugged it into my system which is a DIVA CDP and a Sennheiser HD650 coupled with a ZU Mobius cable, I was amazed to hear how full and musical it was.

Coming from a past where I used to have quite a couple of budget headphone amps like little dot and the simpler SS headphone amps, was taken off when I tried this.

Firstly to note is that I have tried before certain rave reviews SS headphone amps like the beta-22 so I have the rough idea of how the best of SS should sound. For the MPA2.5, it is smooth as comparable to other SS which I have tired and somehow if want to compare in aspect wise, it will not lose to a beta-22 for its price/size to quality. Both the treble and bass control was tidy and was not in a mess, even when I tried with Zhang YuSheng which is very demanding for treble, it can drive it up to my Sennheiser HD650.

Personally I feel that all headphone amps have certain mojo in them and the mojo in this MPA2.5 sound terrific.

Over the weekend I took DAC7010 from Alvin. Not robbing, just lending. On first try I feel the coaxial out sound similar to my cdp analogue out. But on further listening, it makes the music minor details fuller and the music to be more flexible to the genre of music. It also makes the certain genre of music to be more dynamic much more than the MPA2.5 alone.

• Detailed Review by MPA2.5 user - David Nofing

Pricing

• Price: RM1679!!!
  • Warranty: 12 Months Parts & Labour from date of purchase
  • EMS Shipping Fee: RM120

Contact

• Alvin Chee
  • Phone: +65 97684662
  • Location: Singapore, Via Singpost EMS Parcel, Maybank Fund Transfer

• Email/MSN: Alvin1118@hotmail.com

Gallery

• Solid Built Aluminum Chassis