Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

My First Lenco L75

3 posters

Go down

My First Lenco L75 Empty My First Lenco L75

Post by phil33lai Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

This is my first ever turntable and it is a Lenco L75. I bought it from UK in 2012 and started to work on it the middle of 2013.
      As I am a layman and start everything from scratch from stripping the paint, priming, sanding, painting and repeat the sanding and painting process over & over again in order to improve my painting skill. After spending half a year( apparently I have been taking my own sweet time ) in refurbishing the motor, spindle, dampening the top plate, rewiring the tonearm etc and finally it becomes as in the video.
      Everything is pretty basic for the time being, it is just equipped with a very basic old shure M75MG stylus to Lenco stock tonearm. The v-block has been changed to Desmo V-Block from UK. Noted that I had the tonearm partially repainted to gold colour as to match the top plate. I will gradually upgrade the plinth, tonearm, cartridge and stylus. I love being hands on and enjoy the process of learning something new.
       Gurus out there please do not laugh at me for my simple set up. Although my set up might worth nothing if compared to your mega bucks set up, and some might even ask me to throw the tonearm into dustbin Embarassed . Just kidding Razz  But it is kind of fulfilling when something get it done by my own hands, considering from knowing nothing about turntable and come to as far as this stage. I am kinda new kids on the block and will catch up from time to time. Any sharing or comment is highly appreciated.
        To those who wanted to start with turntable without the know how, please do not hesitate as there are plenty of info in Lenco Heaven, google & youtube etc. Just to spend some time and follow step by step and you will eventually get it done.
        Below are some of the LPs being played and one of them was made in 1963, 10 years older than me. All the videos are recorded by using Samsung Note 3, which was a Christmas present from a good friend of mine. Thank you very much! Adam. And this is also my 1st time using a smart phone to make videos and upload to youtube. cheers 

1) Brother Louie by Modern Talking 33rpm

Modern Talking - Special Dance Version square vinyl produced by Hansa / Hanseatic.

"Brother Louie" is Modern Talking's first single from their third album, Ready for Romance. It is the fourth consecutive single to top the German Single Chart, after "You're My Heart, You're My Soul", "You Can Win If You Want" and "Cheri, Cheri Lady".

"Brother Louie" was released on 27 January 1986 and it peaked at No. 1 on March 3, 1986 in Germany. The single spent four weeks at the top and total of 17 weeks in the German single chart. In the UK, it peaked at No. 4 in the charts and went silver for selling over 250,000 units. "Brother Louie" was also certified silver in France for selling over 250,000 units.

In 1998, not long after the duo's reunion, a re-worked version of the single was released entitled "Brother Louie '98". The single, released in a new sleeve was also successful, it reached gold in France for selling over 250,000 units.

2) Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto ( year 1963 ) 7" 45rpm

Kyu Sakamoto (坂本 九 Sakamoto Kyū, born in Hisashi Oshima (大島 九 Ōshima Hisashi), 10 December 1941 -- 12 August 1985) was a Japanese singer and actor, best known outside of Japan for his international hit song "Sukiyaki", which was sung in Japanese and sold over 13 million copies. It reached number one in the United States Billboard Hot 100 in June 1963. He was also the first Asian singer to have a number one song on the Billboard Hot 100. He died on August 12, 1985, in the crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123, the deadliest single-aircraft accident in history.

3) 交叉算了 (extended version ) - 张学友 ,12" 33rpm
     收录在 Studio Line Party Mix 里。1986 年宝丽金出品。

Jacky Cheung (born 10 July 1961) is a Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor. The Chinese language media refers to him, Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau, and Leon Lai as the Cantopop Four Heavenly Kings (四大天王), with more than 25 million records sold as of 2003.

phil33lai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

My First Lenco L75 Empty Re: My First Lenco L75

Post by sph Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 am

Nice work. Well done!

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by foomarnhing Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Nice colors.  Good to see you enjoying your lenco.  Lenco is the TT with the most potential at still reasonable pricing.

foomarnhing
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by phil33lai Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Mr.Foo. Thank you very much for letting me to listen to your system. I am grateful to you for sharing your vast knowledge with me. 

Mr. Sien called me few days ago saying that he visited you and his Lenco is on the way now....seems like we are having more & more Lenco fans here. I

phil33lai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by phil33lai Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Dear Sph,

Thanks for your compliment. The Abro 18KT gold spray paint I use is a bit brittle and not easy in handling. Perhaps I should use car spray paint.

phil33lai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum