Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server

2 posters

Go down

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server Empty Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server

Post by cheelun Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi all squeezebox user,

I have just downloaded the latest squeezebox server.

After doing that, I can't find my songs by 'Artist' but the songs are listed in 'Albums'.

I am using iTunes as my music folder. There's no change in what I normally do except downloading the squeezebox server.

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

cheelun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server Empty Re: Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server

Post by auronthas Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi cheelun,

No problem with latest Squeezebox Server 7.4.1.

Are you saying when you type a song name in 'Search Music', the artist name is not shown, eg. Song title by Artist from Album?

1) Have you done 'clear library and rescan everything'?

2) in your Squeezebox Server main page, can you see number of artists? such as xxx albums with xxxx songs by xxxx artists ?

3) If the problem still not resolved, try to reinstall SS 7.4.1 again, sometimes it works for me after reinstall (previous version).

SS 7.4.1 has a bug which i have raised to the development team, i.e.
it can't show appropriate japanese/chinese text on Song
Information, but in Now Playing, the text are correctly shown.

Hope this help.

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server Treble12 Easy Listening - Jazz - Classical - New Age
auronthas
auronthas

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server Empty Re: Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server

Post by cheelun Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Dear Auronthas,

The problem was with version7.4.0. I downloaded it a few weeks back but only installed it yesterday. To my horror, the squeezecenter unable to recognize the 'artist' ..... ie: when i click 'Artist', there's no list. Artist = 0.

However, I have just reinstalled the version 7.4.1 and everything looks fine. What a scare!!

One would have taught that a multinational company like Logitech would have better QC!!

Hifi / music is supposed to make us enjoy our lives, not make it more complicated than it already is!!

Now, back to enjoying music.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

cheelun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by auronthas Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Squeeze Server software is developed since small Slim Devices team (now acquired by Logitech as they see this potential company and future of NMP . The founder of Slim Devices, Sean Adam has left the company this year). It's open-type software, that's why you can see lots of 3rd party plugins can be attached into Squeeze Server (eg. TrackStat, MusicInfoSCR, just to name a few)

The Squeeze Server is developed daily (there is nightly build every day), there are few beta voluntary testers with the development team to solve bugs and improve the software.

Like i mentioned the bug in my previous post , the development team is looking to into it. You can report and share your problem in their forum. And they have a bug website called Bugzilla, as SB users like us, you can report and submit the bug that you discovered.

I came across the different version of Squeeze Server (previously known as Slim Server, then Squeeze Center and now Squeeze Server), sometimes, it's nightmare to me too, but i like the challenge, if you have problem, you can always uninstall and reinstall to the previous version.

Or if you want something easy, just stick to the official release of Squeeze Server.

Glad you get back your music library, no worry, your library data base will not disappeared, you can always do clear and rescan everything if you find your library information is incorrect.

Cheers and enjoy the music

Problem after downloading the latest squeezebox server Treble12 Easy Listening - Jazz - Classical - New Age
auronthas
auronthas

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cheelun Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Dear Auronthas,

How to re-install the previous version (if needed)?

Do you always keep a back-up of the installation file?

I always throw mine into the thrash can.....

Cheers

cheelun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by auronthas Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:21 pm

It's simple, just select the Squeezebox Server (SS) or Squeeze Center (SC) version you want to restore, it will uninstall the previous version (even is higher/lower) automatically and reinstall.

I always keep the SS installation file (*.exe for PC or *.dmg for Mac) in my download directory.

If you google, i believe you still can search for the old SS installation files.

Cheers

auronthas
auronthas

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down