Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept

2 posters

Go down

Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept Empty Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept

Post by Anwar Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello all, the recommendation to use lantern batteries for CA Concept came from the link below (last paragraph). 

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/fantastic-value-from-clearaudio/

I want to share my experience how I did it.  I tried looking for 6V Duracell lantern batteries at hardware shops but could not find any.  Then I tried RS Components and waited until they have stock.  This is the RS part number: 114-1792

http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/p/lantern-batteries/1141792/

Order 2 of them since two 6V batteries in series make it 12V.  The price is RM139 (free shipping).  Go to hardware shop and buy 2.1mm inner-diameter plug which will connect to the turntable 12V DC power supply jack.  If you don't have soldering tools and skills, you can buy the 2.1mm plug with screw terminals.  I used cheap speaker cables and round spade connectors for secured connections with the batteries like pictured below.  Total cost is below RM150.

Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept Lanter10

Wow, the improvement in resolution and sound staging accuracy is worth more than 20x the amount spent (RM150).  CA Concept owners, please try it and share your experience as well.

Regards,
Anwar
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept Empty Re: Battery-powered Clearaudio Concept

Post by boxer Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:32 pm

How long do these batteries last? rechargeable?

boxer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:37 pm

The Duracell Procell capacity is 13Ah.  It should last months.  It's not rechargeable.

Rechargeable lantern batteries are also available, but I don't have any experience with that.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by boxer Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 am

have you considered using 12V sealed lead acid batteries or small car batteries, rechargeable using small batt charger? think would be cost effective in the long run......just my thoughts

boxer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down