Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

No Longer Available For Sale

4 posters

Go down

No Longer Available For Sale Empty No Longer Available For Sale

Post by meridian-506 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 am

No Longer Available For Sale

Last edited by meridian-506 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No Longer Available For Sale)

meridian-506
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-11-25

Back to top Go down

No Longer Available For Sale Empty Re: No Longer Available For Sale

Post by meridian-506 Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:31 am

*** Re-Post ***

meridian-506

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi, how much are you selling it?
I read through the above, is it selling at RM1.8k?

Clarence

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by meridian-506 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 am

*** Re-Post ***

meridian-506

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:24 pm

meridian-506 wrote:
*** Rarely Available For Sale ***

The Speakers Are In KL
Ready For Immediate Delivery/Collection

From Our Own Local "The Star OnLine AudioFile" Review

" THIS SILVER IS GOLD

So, size isn't everything, eh ?

DARIEN NAGLE discovers the truth about big speakers when he tangoes with Robertson Audio's second biggest production, er, model.

EVER since I heard my first pair of Robertson Audio loudspeakers (the Silver 25), at AV Fest 97, I've been desperately wanting to get my hands on a pair for a thorough listening test in my own environment.

As Alfean Hardy will happily acquiesce, I was literally raving about these loudspeakers for hours after my first listen, so amazed was I with their exceptional quality and correspondingly low price tag.

" What also struck me about these loudspeakers was that they're manufactured entirely in Malaysia, right down to the drivers.

Just a quick conversation with designer David Tan reveals the passion and philosophy of excellence that goes into each of Robertson Audio's designs.

It's been a long, hard battle for Singaporean-based Tan to penetrate a market dominated by foreign products.

It's especially difficult considering that a "Made in Malaysia" sticker on the back actually works against him, not for him.

It is a popular and unfortunate stigma that locally made products are inferior to their imported cousins; certainly not the case here.

The Silver 30 represents the top of the Silver range, and, like the 25 I heard back in '97, I have nothing but praise and commendation for these excellent loudspeakers, so let's get on with it ..... "

No Longer Available For Sale Silver30_b
No Longer Available For Sale $(KGrHqNHJDcFHul-t1mtBSBVrEj50w~~60_57
No Longer Available For Sale $(KGrHqZHJCIFH82D-N1gBSBVqp)sbg~~60_57
No Longer Available For Sale 11811236585_6beb017e9b
No Longer Available For Sale 11811647124_a09611a003
No Longer Available For Sale 11811485483_3da86ed602
No Longer Available For Sale 11811237785_5b5533a46c
No Longer Available For Sale 11811237865_7b430bed75

Review :

http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/1998/3/05silver

For A Pair of Robertson Audio Silver Thirty, 3-Way Sub-Woofer Speaker System, selling at RM1.8k.

( The 1st 3 pictures above are taken off the Internet & other 5 pictures are that of the actual set being advertised for sale.)

This Pair of Robertson Audio Silver Thirty, 3-Way Sub-Woofer Speaker System are relatively well-built, large floorstanding speakers with a nominal 8 Ohms/250W rating and are Proudly Made In Malaysia.

Please read our local Review @ : http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/1998/3/05silver

Quotes :

" PERFORMANCE

These are incredible loudspeakers for the price you pay, and I can only begin to criticise them when I compare them to imported loudspeakers costing anywhere up to 10 times the price, especially now with the ringgit in its current state.

Bass performance is incredible !

Now, don't mistake me here, I don't mean "boomy" or "wooferchook."

I mean deep ... really deep, clear, tight, well defined bass (And all in one sentence too .... -- A.L.).

These are loudspeakers for the sub freaks amongst us.

Put them in a large room (I had them in my hall downstairs) and you get deep bass that dreams are made of.

Really !

No need for an active sub here; I haven't heard performance this good in a loudspeaker costing so little.

Vocal definition and clarity are excellent.

I opened my eyes and expected to see kevlar or polypropylene drivers staring back at me.

Truly incredible.

It's very hard for me to comment on the purity of the mids, as I found myself totally encapsulated by the music, CD after CD.

Top end, whilst a bit on the crisp side at first, settles down to be clear and well defined.

It does sound a bit grainy when compared to some high-end drivers in the market, but in its price range, there is little that comes close to its performance.

The Silver 30's tackle all sorts of music equally well.

Anything which is vocal heavy is a real pleasure to listen to, but it's just as comfortable reproducing dance (check out the bottom end again !), pop, rock, jazz and classical, all of which it excelled.

And the imaging is truly excellent.

Soundstaging is wide and deep; completely immersive, a quality which is rarely found on a "budget" design.

Although difficult to measure, this loudspeaker's vertical and horizontal dispersion characteristics seem very consistent throughout the frequency spectrum, which makes for a very environmentally friendly speaker indeed.

I also used the 30s as main front channels, in combination with various other loudspeakers for centre and surround channels.

In this configuration the 30s are awesome; beasts to be reckoned with !

Running with Dolby Digital soundtracks, the Silver 30s produce a soundstage and impact which is detailed and realistic, and I didn't suffer from any fatigue, even after listening to them at ridiculously high levels (over 105dB) .

Definitely worth considering if you're into home theatre."

" The Silver 30 is an "Integrated 3-Way Sub-Woofer System,", but in reality, this three-way system is actually one near full-range driver (five-inch treated paper cone) broadly covering 250Hz-9kHz, combined with a passive, isolated sub (10-inch treated paper cone) covering frequencies from 250Hz down to almost 20Hz, and a top-end "sparkle" or "air" driver (25mm titanium dome, ferrofluid cooled) covering the top octave from 9KHz and above. "

" CONCLUSION

There is actually much more I'd like to say about these loudspeakers, but the best thing to do is give them a serious listen next time you see them.

If you have a large room, and you're into high quality deep bass, for a budget, you're going to love these gems.

Now. all I have to do is convince David Tan to let me keep this pair. Pretty puhlease .... "

As pictured above, the Pair of Robertson Audio Silver Thirty, 3-Way Sub-Woofer Speaker System are in good condition, barring some paint blemish at the rear-board of the speakers and some slight veneer peeling near the speaker bottom - no water damage.

Payment mode will be on a C.O.D. (cash-on-delivery) basis.

Collection can be done in JB, KL, Ipoh, Penang or Butterworth at no extra charge - for other collection locations, kindly contact me.

Shipping via PosLaju is NOT available - the Speakers are large & bulky.

If you are interested, please respond via a PM,
with your contact number,
 or send an e-mail,
with your contact number, to : meridian-506@hotmail.com

Thank you for viewing my ad.  Smile  

Dear meridian-506,

While there's no real practical limit to the length of each post, we highly recommend that you keep your posts succinct, in view of the common opinion (we have received some feedback from members here) that many who are interested will know how to do their own research before making a decision.

In addition, many just want to look at the price as a starting point, which is hard to locate amidst all the... I would say, 'content'.

Thank you,
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:52 pm

It is very frustrating to read your most lenghty description just to find how much you wanna sell this speaker. Ad description too long and memory still serve we have read thos review before in Star paper 1997 or 1998. We tend to skip and at the end we got lost and scratch our head. How much you wanna sell this spesker. 

Why not state the  brand and model of speaker and state your asking price. All the review and mumbo jumbo stuff at the bottom.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down