Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use?

4 posters

Go down

Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use? Empty Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use?

Post by peter32 Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Just to get some info as to whether there is any wall paint that we can use appropriately as projector screen.

I've heard of Screengoo indeed, which cost about RM2K for more, depending on the size.

But is there any alternative paint that we can opt for ?

Appreciate any expert for any info. Thank you.

peter32
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use? Empty Re: Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use?

Post by sting Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/printer_projector-screen-1.shtml
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Sony Discman
Amplification: BmB karaoke amplifier
Speakers: Jalan Pasar diy speakers

http://sting-journey.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use? Empty Re: Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use?

Post by mugenfoo Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:21 am

peter32 wrote:Just to get some info as to whether there is any wall paint that we can use appropriately as projector screen.

I've heard of Screengoo indeed, which cost about RM2K for more, depending on the size.

But is there any alternative paint that we can opt for ?

Appreciate any expert for any info. Thank you.

You'd better have a damn straight wall with no visible imperfections.
And if still adamant about painting it, go for neutral grey (not white).
Maybe someone has the Pantone(tm) code for the most neutral grey for such a purpose.

But Rm2K+ could get u a nice budget Onyx screen already (for example). So why bother with the paint job and stuff ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by peter32 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Indeed.

The future wall I am going to get is made of plywood. So it will be polished well before being painted.

After considering the option of a proper projector screen, it is still much cheaper to get the Screengoo, I think the price I quoted is wrong, probably it is cheaper than that. and for that price, I can paint it into much bigger screen size. Hence the option of self-painting comes in .

It will be good to know the code for the neutral grey available in Local market here.

peter32
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Just keep in mind that wood walls may curve and bend slightly over time especially in our local hot and humid climate.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by antaklugom Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 pm

peter,
If it is cement Wall, Sisson weatherbond can definately be used as it is Flat Matt (Not shiny) as it is waterbased.
Not sure about Wood or Plywood but definately dont ever use the oil based
paint as it will turn Shiny and Projector Screen are not supposed to be reflective !!!. well, that my opinion.... Painted Wall as Projector Screen - Which paint to use? Icon_biggrin
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peter32 Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks antak.

Mugen, point taken. That wall is meant to be holding the insulation fibres behind. So I don't have much choice in the type of wall I am going to beam on.

To be honest, once the projected image is on the surface, I don't think one can really see the slight bend except perhaps some part is going to be out of focus, just very slight I would have thought.

Btw, its a DIY projector, so its not going to be a really good 1080p image anyway. Smile

peter32
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down