Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Pass Labs X350.5 (Used) (SOLD)

Go down

Pass Labs X350.5 (Used) (SOLD) Empty Pass Labs X350.5 (Used) (SOLD)

Post by zeebee Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:04 pm

With the departure of my beloved Maggies, for your consideration, up for sale, a Pass Labs X350.5 power amplifier. Excerpts recent review from The Absolute Sound (Dec 2013) ... 

The following quote has been incorrectly attributed to Nelson Pass, founder of Pass Laboratories: “Listening to my amplifiers is like listening to tubes, but without the hassle.” Someone else may have said it, but Pass never did and has, in turn, commented about the quote, “While I strive to capture some of the qualities that the best tube gear has, I don’t feel that my sonic goal is really the same, nor would I want it to be.” For my own part, as an erstwhile tube amp enthusiast for the past 20 years and having had the pleasure of recently spending a few months with a Pass Labs amp, I can verify that much of what Mr. Pass said about capturing some of the qualities of the best tube gear rings true. The solid-state X350.5 does, indeed, sound similar to a fine tube amp, both in its general tonal character and in the way it “tracks” musical phrases (more on this later). However, the X350.5 offers much more than tube-like affectations.
First of all, the amp has massive power reserves and can drive just about any speaker with ease. It is rated at 350W per channel into 8 ohms and 700W into 4 ohms—indicative of a very stout power supply and robust output stage. The X350.5 also operates in Class A for its first 40 watts, and Class A amps tend to sound much more powerful than typical Class A/B or Class B amps of the same power rating. As a result, the X350.5 drove the somewhat power-hungry YG Kipod II Signature Passive speaker with absolute authority, imparting a general feeling of ease in demanding music passages, which never became harsh or otherwise exhibited strain—often a sign of a stable and robust amplifier. Tube power amplifiers with this sort of power output and speaker control are usually quite expensive. At $11,550, the X350.5 is certainly price-competitive."

More of this review:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/pass-labs-x3505-stereo-amplifier/

SPECIFICATION:

Power output: 350W (8 ohms), 700W (4 ohms)

Inputs: One pair balanced/XLR, one pair single-ended/RCA

Outputs: Two pairs of binding posts (spades or bare wire)

Power consumption: 550W

Dimensions: 19" x 11.2" x 22.5"

Weight: 132 lbs.

Original 240V

Please google for more reviews.

Condition : 8/10 (manual but no box)
Price: SOLD with thanks
Contacts: 013 333 6366 (whatsapp / sms)
Note: self collect as the amplifiers is very heavy.
Thanks for looking. Shall post some photos later.
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Pass Labs X350.5 (Used) (SOLD) Empty Re: Pass Labs X350.5 (Used) (SOLD)

Post by zeebee Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Sold
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: