Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

B&W CM9

5 posters

Go down

B&W CM9 Empty B&W CM9

Post by llsaw Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 am

Has anyone heard this? How does it compare with the Proac house sound or something like a Response D18. CMY are refusing to budge from the ridiculous quote to me on the D18 hence am considering other alternatives. Tried calling the Experts Group showroom yesterday a couple times but no one answered. B&W CM9 Icon_sad Will try again today..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

B&W CM9 Empty Re: B&W CM9

Post by Lamkochai Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

hi. u can try ATC SCM series speaker. the dealer is Highway Laser. these speakers can be played loud and is more powerful and dynamic than proac with neutral midrange.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am

Lamkochai wrote:hi. u can try ATC SCM series speaker. the dealer is Highway Laser. these speakers can be played loud and is more powerful and dynamic than proac with neutral midrange.

Hi Lam,

Yes.. ATC SCM40s are another contender.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 am

Andrew,

Just occured to me. What time did you call the Experts Group showroom ? It could be you called them when they are not yet open, or closed for the day.

Anyway, I have not experienced the Response speakers before so it would be useful if you tell us your music preference and also what kind of sound you want. At the price range people like us can afford, we -always- have to talk compromise so it would be important to understand what compromises you are willing to settle for and which areas you want the speakers to excel in.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

WongKN wrote:Andrew,

Just occured to me. What time did you call the Experts Group showroom ? It could be you called them when they are not yet open, or closed for the day.

Anyway, I have not experienced the Response speakers before so it would be useful if you tell us your music preference and also what kind of sound you want. At the price range people like us can afford, we -always- have to talk compromise so it would be important to understand what compromises you are willing to settle for and which areas you want the speakers to excel in.

Hi WongKN,

From various hi-fi blogs and the Experts Group webpage I know they open till bout 7 on weekdays hence I called between 3+ to 5pm (3 times) and one last time ~ 6.45pm but alas B&W CM9 Icon_cry

My musical taste is diverse and includes anything from jazz to folk to rock to electronic so this means Antonio Forcione, EST, Yellowjackets, Acoustic Alchemy, Damien Rice, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Elbow, Doves, Elbows, U2, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Explosions in the Sky, Depeche Mode, Massive Attack, Orbital, etc, etc. Bottomline the speakers must produce tight defined, tuneful bass and yet be able to rock and with PRAT. Musical as they say rather than a super-sized soundstage and other hi-fi attributes.. Oh, and floorstanders please.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Andrew, I am fairly sure there is an Audio Physics model which will meet your expectation.

Do you know of a Sound Concepts in Penang ? I think you probably can listen to Audio Physics there. The owner is Andre Sim and he knows me by name so if you're into name dropping... B&W CM9 Icon_biggrin
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 pm

WongKN wrote:Andrew, I am fairly sure there is an Audio Physics model which will meet your expectation.

Do you know of a Sound Concepts in Penang ? I think you probably can listen to Audio Physics there. The owner is Andre Sim and he knows me by name so if you're into name dropping... B&W CM9 Icon_biggrin

Actually I do know Andre personally but I there are personal reasons which I prefer not to deal with (problem is not Andre but his close acquiantance). Do u know how much does a Tempo cost btw? I checked Audio Physics website and it looks like the Sitara is probably too little bass without a complementing sub for me.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Well, you can always pair it with a pair of SVS subs !! I guarantee you no complaints with the bass (except from wife who will tell you bass to powerful ! B&W CM9 Icon_lol )
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Errr... already maxed out my budget on the speakers. Where got spare left somemore for subs?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

OK. I got my "dream" speakers after recommendation from WongKN. B&W CM9 Icon_surprised Thanks Wong!

and it ain't no B&W B&W CM9 Icon_cool

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy939 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Mind sharing with us, the name of your dream speakers? Wink

jazzy939
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 pm

WongKN wrote:Well, you can always pair it with a pair of SVS subs !! I guarantee you no complaints with the bass (except from wife who will tell you bass to powerful ! B&W CM9 Icon_lol )

Hehehehe.. Uncle Wong speaking from real experience ah?? Razz

llsaw wrote:OK. I got my "dream" speakers after recommendation from WongKN. B&W CM9 Icon_surprised Thanks Wong!

and it ain't no B&W B&W CM9 Icon_cool

That's great..
Now, surely enjoy music cukup cukup lor..
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 am

jazzy939 wrote:Mind sharing with us, the name of your dream speakers? B&W CM9 Icon_wink

Audio Physic Scorpio...

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy939 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 am

Noted! Thanks! B&W CM9 Icon_wink

jazzy939
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 am

Andrew, what happened to the '2' plan ? B&W CM9 Icon_biggrin
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 am

WongKN wrote:Andrew, what happened to the '2' plan ? B&W CM9 Icon_biggrin

Wong,

Any other plan I have got thrown out of the window upon hearing the Scorpios. Blew my budget big time too but what the heck. I don't upgrade my speakers every year...

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Hahahaha.... like I was saying, any speaker which can do justice to a Soulutiion must be inherent very good to start with. So just enjoy your new highend sound ! B&W CM9 Icon_smile
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

WongKN wrote:Hahahaha.... like I was saying, any speaker which can do justice to a Soulutiion must be inherent very good to start with. So just enjoy your new highend sound ! B&W CM9 Icon_smile

Thanks again Wong. Really appreciate the advice and help rendered. I can listen to these speakers till I forget the time something which has not happened to me in a long long time. Unbelievable!!!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum