Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes

3 posters

Go down

Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes  Empty Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes

Post by gecka79 Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey guys I hope someone can help me.

I have a Roksan Xerxes turntable that I brought over from the UK and I'm having a little trouble with it.

Excuse the poor terminology, but thr belt keeps slipping off the pulley, not the motor one but the one under the platter.  I have tried changing the set up on the table but to no avail, and really I don't know what I'm doing.

Would appreciate if anyone has any advice, or better could point me in the direction of someone who can help me to take a look and fix it.

Many thanks!

Gary

gecka79

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes  Empty Re: Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes

Post by gecka79 Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Just to add, I have already tried changing the belt in case it was stretched or damaged.

Cheers

gecka79

Back to top Go down

Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes  Empty Re: Set up or repair for Roksan Xerxes

Post by Anwar Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Look for Simon Liew at Synthesis Hifi, Amcorp Mall 2nd floor (L2-18).
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by zulkifar Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi, have you checked out the platter/plinth/sub-plinth adjustments and alignment? Roksan has the various instructions downloadable at:
http://www.roksan.co.uk/superseded.html
Best of luck!

zulkifar
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Character sheet
Source(s): LP,CD
Amplification: SET
Speakers: Dynamic

Back to top Go down

Post by gecka79 Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks a lot guys

gecka79

Back to top Go down

Post by gecka79 Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Did a bit more research and found out that the belt slipping off is a common problem and is sometimes caused by too much torque when you turn the TT on, this can be avoided by spinning it by hand first.  I tried this without too much success, and after a while I noticed that there was a faint scraping sound... it seems like I have suffered from the dreaded sag and now my platter is scraping against the plinth.  This is a much bigger issue to fix, and not something that I think can be done so easily many thousands of miles from the factory.  I think it's maybe time to put the Xerxes in mothballs and keep my eyes peeled for something interesting in the classifieds...

gecka79

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:46 pm

There is a Roksan local dealer at Jaya One, PJ (The Expert Group).  But if you don't purchased from them, they may charge you twice the service rate.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by gecka79 Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Oh wow ok I'll check it out. Cheers.

gecka79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down