Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Isobaric arrangement speakers

3 posters

Go down

Isobaric arrangement speakers Empty Isobaric arrangement speakers

Post by Rector Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 am

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have any experience or have listened to the particular kind of speakers as in the subject particularly from Neat Acoustics. I'm really interested in the Neat Momentum 3i (but I don't think there are any local distributors - nearest being in SG) I'm contemplating to pull the trigger on a pair without auditioning but would love to know if any of you have any experience with their speakers.

The missus has booked my other 2 systems on a permanent basis nowadays - daily in fact! Isobaric arrangement speakers Icon_evil

Thanks.

Rector
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Isobaric arrangement speakers Empty Re: Isobaric arrangement speakers

Post by uncle_vic Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 pm

The Linn isobariks the closest description to speakers. The Isobarik subwoofers of the Pipe Dreams is probably my most recent memory. Needed lots of amp muscles; you want to consider what amp u intend to drive it with. Suggest u go listen 1st. Isobaric arrangement speakers Icon_smile

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rector Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks Uncle Vic, does Linn have a local distributor? Otherwise I'll take a drive to down south to get a listen to the Neats to audit them.

Will probably be using my bryston integrated to run them. At only 100watts at 8ohms, we'll see. haha

Rector
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Linn? No! Not for the speakers maybe the turntables. They are old models, unless somebody here in this forum who has them and be delighted to invite us for a listen. Isobaric arrangement speakers Icon_smile

100w not enuf la if u are talking 15" isobarik, that's 4 pieces of 15" mind u! even 12" also not enuf. Isobaric arrangement speakers Icon_lol Then again my listen requirements may be different from everybody else. Isobaric arrangement speakers Icon_biggrin

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rector Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:07 am

haha, actually I'm not talking about subs. The isobaric i'm referring to are bookshelves. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will be heading to Sg next week to check out the Neats.

Rector
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:58 am

the term 'isobaric' refers to a form of bass loading. just like bass reflex is a form of bass loading.
i heard at least two pairs of speakers in showrooms in malaysia which featured isobaric bass loading. both are high-end very expensive speakers - the dynaudio consequence ultimate statement (at CMY DU, but they hv been sold) and the Eggleston Andra III at Centre Circle TTDI (they're still there i think).
so if u want an idea how the isobaric loading works, head to centre circle.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down