Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Exotic A/C power cables - any difference?

+21
M7
WongKN
fizi
tycham
fay
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
pocoyo
SHS
car o scope
mustafa
luxman
abel
KenZen
dheensay
adrian4454
Shanghai
built
auronthas
cheehon
teleman51
scudracer
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Exotic A/C power cables - any difference? - Page 2 Empty Re: Exotic A/C power cables - any difference?

Post by Lamkochai Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:57 pm

line conditioners do help. but only the expensive one works well (shunyata, transparent etc). try to buy cheaper one most of the time it will degrade the sound. i have tried soundstage (rm1.5k) and cheaper ps audio (ultimate outlet) and i sold both of them because they worsen the sound. cant afford a more expensive one so currently i settle on a pair of Richard gray 400pro. Cant say there is marked improvement but i prefer to listen with them than without.

Power cord on the other hand always bring improvement to sound compare to the stock one. however whether a RM4k pc will better the cheaper but dedicated pc is system dependent. I personally found my system sound worse with Shunyata python (cost >3k when new) than with my transparent powerlink super (rm1.5k).

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Exotic A/C power cables - any difference? - Page 2 Empty Re: Exotic A/C power cables - any difference?

Post by bimmerman Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Power cables make a difference? It's a yes from me. But how much of a difference depends on your system. When I was using valve amplification, power cables made a difference but not in a big way. Then when I switched to a Krell integrated the difference was more obvious. But it became even more obvious when I upgraded my speaker cables and the difference became night and day. So i'd say power cables do make a huge difference but other weak links within your setup may not allow you to hear the difference until you address them.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2