Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker

Go down

Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Empty Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker

Post by HiFiLab Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 am

Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Img_2091
Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Img_2090
Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Img_2093
Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Img_2094
Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Img_2092

Made In GREAT BRITAIN

History for sharing:
After graduating from the University of Southampton, I joined Mordaunt-Short and Epos Acoustics in 1992 as a Loudspeaker Design Engineer. Mordaunt-Short was bought by TGI PLC in 1987 which already owned Tannoy and Goodmans Loudspeakers Limited (GLL), forming the largest loudspeaker manufacturing company in Europe.

I learnt the practical skills of loudspeaker design from Robin Marshall who had founded Epos Acoustics in 1983. Robin sold Epos Acoustics to TGI and became the Technical Director for Mordaunt-Short and Epos Acoustics.

As part of a small engineering team, I developed the drive units and systems for the Music Series, Classic Series and Home Theatre ranges of Mordaunt-Short loudspeakers as well as the Epos ES22 and ES25 loudspeakers. All of the loudspeaker systems and drive units were designed and hand-built in-house at the Havant headquarters shared with GLL.

The 25mm tweeter domes were formed from aluminium alloy and used a polyamide suspension. The dome was acoustically loaded by a separate rear chamber, and vents in the coil former equalised the pressure on the voice coil to eliminate asymmetric pressure distortion.

The bass and midrange transducers used injection moulded or vacuum formed polymer cones, nitrile rubber roll surrounds and central phase plugs with the design goal of providing a well behaved roll-off characteristic. The voice coils were wet-wound on an aluminium formers with high-temperature wire. The wet-wound resin adhesive was used in preference to the more common solvent bonding to provide higher power handling and reliability.

All the cabinet enclosures were manufactured in the UK from balance veneered MDF. The cabinet panel thicknesses varied to disperse the resonance frequencies and extensive internal bracing was used to increase the rigidity of the enclosures and minimise panel vibration.

British Bookshelf Loudspeaker Mordaunt Short HT30
2way with
8" bass unit
and 1" metal dome tweeter.
Norminal Impedence : 8 Ohm

dynamics,transperancy, openess and detail

Conclusion
As you can see, I like these speakers. Not only do they look good, but they even pass the tasting test. They gave my humble little system a peep at the more exalted planes of hi-fi, with an across-the-spectrum balance that oozed expense.
Bass was rich and controlled; treble prominent but sweet; voices clear and realistic, and projected well into the room. So, if they can do this with such run-of-the-mill electronics, they should really be able to shine at the end of a system that has aspirations above its station.

If you have that kind of system and this kind of money to spend on a pair of speakers, you really must give these an audition. If you don't have the money, just nip on over to the dealers and pretend you want to buy and enjoy the listen for a couple of hours!

( Speaker Made In England)

Last edited by HiFiLab on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Mordaunt Short HT-30 British Made EPOS Familiy Standmount Bookshelf Speaker Empty BUMP

Post by HiFiLab Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Up

HiFiLab

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down