Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

WTB National RX-XE550 Portable Stereo

2 posters

Go down

WTB National RX-XE550 Portable Stereo Empty WTB National RX-XE550 Portable Stereo

Post by viper Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi

Any one have the above for sale?

I think this unit is being release in the early 80s.

pls contact : viper1912@hotmail.com or sms 012-2312 132

viper
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

WTB National RX-XE550 Portable Stereo Empty Re: WTB National RX-XE550 Portable Stereo

Post by hoyhoysum Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Wow! I still remember this boombox way back in 1985/1986. I was working part time carpentary after my SPM. My boss drove to KL bought this "mini hifi" back to Kuantan. It came with a big box. He called me to help him as i was good in Electronics. He somehow insert the wires to the clip terminals without stripping the wires to bqre  the copper wires. No wonder no sound. He even bought batteries thinking the ac got problem.
Anyway i got it fired up. It sounds great at that time playing pet shop boys fast tracked songs. 
The dancing equalizer 9  band eq was a delight to the eyes to behold!. I salivated that day for that "mini" hifi. 
At that time this National eas pitting atainst the more common Sony FH7 mark 3. But i think the National sound better and looks cooler. Now what we have? The new portable are no way near those vintage boombox!.
I dont blame you for looking this rare beauty!. If i.got a chance i also will get it!. 
i been to Singapore in 1990s and i saw the updated models. Maybe  it was no longer calked National but Panasonic in Sim Lim Tower. This time round it is bigger with dual cassette deck. I wished i stop by the shop to look at the model name and the compo much closer.
Good luck in your find!.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down