Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD

4 posters

Go down

ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD Empty ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD

Post by ryder Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:29 pm

ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD Tablet12

Selling Proac Tablette 50 Signature.

Condition 8/10

Looking RM2.5k ono

-SOLD-

Last edited by ryder on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:49 am; edited 3 times in total

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD Empty Re: ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD

Post by Lamkochai Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 am

finally selling your proac eh? from picture it looks like well taken care speakers with no scratch at all. what speakers u intend to buy?

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD Empty Re: ProAc Tablette 50 Signature speakers (Used) SOLD

Post by ryder Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Lamkochai, I'm aiming for the Harbeth SHL-5, although I have to admit I have not listened to the speakers yet.

Yes, no scratches on the Proac. Just normal wear on binding posts at the back and age, hence the conservative rating.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:00 am

shl5 is a good speaker. the sound stage is good and the vocal is unbelievably realistic. Just make sure your amp is able to drive it well or else the bass will be a bit lose. It is not very difficult to drive though despite its low sensitivity. It also needs space (at least 10ft apart) and far from walls (3-4ft)to sing. If your room is too small the bass will be lumpy and boomy.

I am using low power 14 watts tube amp with it. Although sounds good with simple jazz and vocal (sounds better than my previous proac studio 125) but lack some life and dynamic for big scale classical music and orchestra.

Looking forward to add a more powerfull ss amp on top of my tube amp now for listening to classical music. Top of my list now is the pass lab int-150 which i manage to borrow and test it with my harbeth. Still want to keep my tube amp as there is something lacking with ss amp when listening to vocal which i cant really explain.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:39 am

Yes, I know the SHL-5 is a good speaker as everybody is talking about it. The plus point is the dealer here is selling them cheaper compared to Singapore(I heard 20-30% cheaper) and Singaporeans are in fact coming down to buy from Sam.

I was told Sam was driving the Harbeth speakers in his showroom using some super-cheap amps, so if the speakers sound good in his showroom then it will sound better with higher quality amps. Since you are using low powered 14W tube amp to drive it, I guess the SHL-5 is not too power-demanding. I think my Plinius amp would be up to the task. My PMC speakers sound a little shut-in and dark with the Plinius and hence the consideration of the SHL-5 which is expected to sound more open and dynamic with the super tweeter.

I wonder how much is the extra cost for a pair in selected finish like the ebony. The cherry looks plain to me.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 pm

much much more. the 30 years anniversary version in ebony cost rm1.5k more. not worth the upgrading. If you really want the shl5 better book it by now. i heard from Sam the price will increase by hundreds after the current stock finishes as malaysian ringgit keep decreasing in value.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wanazmi Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:44 pm

why increase price British pound drop .

wanazmi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 pm

msian ringgit also depreciate recently? i really dont know. you should ask the Sam the dealer.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by hazy Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:32 am

hi , ryder better u try linn speker or naim with 8in ( 200mm ) woofer
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down