Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Dipole speaker

3 posters

Go down

Dipole speaker Empty Dipole speaker

Post by CH Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 am

Anyone else is playing these speakers? I have listened to 2 so far, one is Serdang and the other in Alor Setar. Impressive. I think someone has build Linkwitz Orion locally too. I'm not sure Audio Physic Virgo qualify into this speaker group. Mirage omni tweeter is also equally impressive.

These designs get rid of the box which largely attributing to box colorations. The quality of sound very much dependent on the crossover and the drivers.

I'm fascinated with MBL101 and German Physics for the ability to create a very spacious sound. Somehow, the vocal is a let down.

Care to share your thoughts?

CH
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Dipole speaker Empty Re: Dipole speaker

Post by Wikin Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Interesting read CH. Can you describe the sound difference between the Serdang and the Alor Setar dipole speaker? Dipole speaker Icon_smile
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by CH Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Wikin wrote:Interesting read CH. Can you describe the sound difference between the Serdang and the Alor Setar dipole speaker? Dipole speaker Icon_smile

Hi Wikin,

Yours sounded more musical even though the time I listened to was not thoroughly break in.
Uncle Vic told me that yours has improved on vastly too.

The uncle in AS was using top range Scanspeak drivers all round with multiple subs I think. It was more 3 years back. The uncle is pretty low profile. I have reasons to believe that the uncle setup has improved further for his unrelentless passion in audio.

Cheers

CH
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikin Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for the good words CH. In the early stages I refused to believe that the B200 Visaton drivers took so long to run in and thought 6 months was more than enough. Well I guessed after 2 years plus the sound character continued to mature, doing the warmth and disappearing act more convincingly. Of course there is a lot of underlying work done in the whole signal chain and discovering new things along the way too.
Earlier last year I was planning on visiting the Uncle in Alor Setar with my Penang friends alas timing issues didn't work out. I would 1 day really wanna meet the Alor Setar Uncle to exchange ideas.
Cheers.
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 pm

There is one more such setup in Sg. Buloh la. Not so far away. Dipole speaker Icon_lol

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down