Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa?

2 posters

Go down

wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa? Empty wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa?

Post by azri Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 pm

this is so funny, at the same time it does not do any justice. just imagine buying a brand new cdp or transport that cost you heaps of money. later on you get to know its using old tech, even though its proven reliable, but they charge you more because its different brand & that brand sounded hi-end for being simple & smart looking, not like conventional cdp.. at least.

check this out :

http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2004/archive_dpa_t1-biggerbit.shtml

theres one being sell on ebay australia & by looking at its price, even though its second hand, i still feel better of buy the cd-52 mk2 itself that only cost a small friction from this so called hi-end brand.

if you guys happens to know something like this (besides mitsu being proton & daihat being kancil) pls share.. cheers What a Face
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa? Empty Re: wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa?

Post by drife Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 pm

its been around since the lifestyle trend started taking off. everything has to look clean, minimalist, polished, high tech, printed with techno jargon etc...people wanted things to look better so that they feel better and they were willing to pay more for nicely packaged products. 
we asked for it. well the mainstream market asked for it. with the rising costs of raw mats, these items also had to maintain a competitve retail price. sound better? hmm...well everyone knows that if you open up your imported vintage amp/speakers you'd find a lot of goodies inside. so i recently opnened up my 15yo M'sian made no-name elcheapo bookshelf speakers. i found, drivers with fairly big/heavy magnets, fairly thick wires, caps.... wait a minute... Elnas? the drivers were prolly from serdang, tweeters from selayang, boxes from sg.buloh, assembled in klang. so i reckon if i'd give it better x-overs, register a company under my friend's address in melbourne, give it "better looking" cabinets, i could sell them for triple the price. Lonsdale Ultra Stratospheric Maxima Monitors, 95db, 300watts, Product of Lonsdale Research, 12 Heffeman Lane, Lonsdale, Melbourne 3216 Victoria (i didn't say made in that location), RRP AUD999 incl worldwide shipping. Any takers?
bro Azri, its more like sheep in nice clothing for the price of a wolf, not to mention the goldmans (misspelt on purpose). for now, i'm sticking to olskools and vintage. less mistakes, more soul for minimal cash.

drife
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa? Empty Re: wolf in sheep clothing or vice versa?

Post by drife Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:54 pm

its sad to see how this competitive market has become. british/usa speakers (i didn't say british/usa-made) with the ubiquitous british/usa flag sticker?didn't mean to offend anyone but my friend's just imported some OEM cosmetics with aussie sounding names and a kangaroo sticker on the bottom, from China. It comes in nice packaging with certificates of the approved chemicals used in the making. anyone wants to get some for their wives/daughters? 

drife

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:46 pm

ahh very frustrating, but china made is different story bro. it was meant to be cheap on labour at the some time maintain the price on the market. with profits that goes up to 200% to 300%, nothing can make 'them' happier! brands like quad, kef really profits from this situation when their r&d being covered by their huge profit making.. this dpa_actually_marantz was a blow to those who own them, lagi teruk when others thinking its different from other makers where its actually the same all the way.. kulit je lain hehe
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 pm

im cool with china made products just as long as they use good components and are proud of their country of origin, yaqin, audiospace, xindak etc... all have my respect. a lot of manufacturers resort to china not only for cheap labour but also for cheaper parts, but still wanna maintain a brit/usa flag. this one puts me off.yeah, those with goldmans also kena the blow...job. not to mention some rm6k cdp based on the sony ps1. i actually have a ps1 for sale, going rm150 fullset 8/10 cond. any takers?for those who still don't believe in sources and still playing with standard dvd player, the ps1 will open your eyes.  

drife

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum