Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?

+3
Bite
wingman
ryder
7 posters

Go down

Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Empty Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?

Post by ryder Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:01 pm

I just found this item on ebay. The price inclusive of shipping is approximately RM33.

Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Carbon10

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carbon-Fibre-Cleaning-Brush-Vinyl-and-Records-/290443853277?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories

Can we get this same piece at a similar or cheaper price in Klang Valley?

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Empty Re: Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?

Post by wingman Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Ryder...

Nothing beats that price.

regards Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Icon_biggrin
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Empty Re: Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?

Post by ryder Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. The listing above is the cheapest after i browsed through several listings from UK and US sellers.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bite Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I just bought one this morning for AUD10=RM29.
AM brand (Danish but not sure where made).

Do you need one Ryder?

Bite
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Can't believe these can be had cheaper. Thanks for the offer Bite. If it isn't too inconvenient to get another one I would appreciate it. Difference is not that huge but I plan to get both just to compare the quality. If too much hassle then forget about it.

Cheers.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bite Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Consider it done.

Bite
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 pm

if u want to get instant gratification ... for approx RM30~40 odd, Jaya-1, Nova hifi has the exact same thing.

Cash & carry. No need hassle of postages or anything.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:03 pm

I think those Pro-ject and that AM brand are made from the same factory. Trouble is, dealers here price it on the high side. Its shouldn't cost more than RM50 IMHO, but thats not the case. Too bad..Malaysia prices on the high side always. I still occasionaly use a vintage Decca branded carbon brush that was acquired years ago. Bought a Pro-ject one as a spare. I suppose those will last my lifetime.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the information. Good to hear there are still some stores around selling stuff at reasonable prices.

Well, I don't think there is too much hassle in shipping items from overseas unless the item is needed urgently which is rarely the case. I have been buying many stuff via post quite often and have got used to it, so not a problem. I used to ship lots of interconnects and speaker cables from Audiogon and other accessories from Ebay but have slowed down now after I have more or less settled down with my system. Most of these items can be bought cheaper online if one knows how to hunt around. The hifi market in Malaysia is pretty small compared to some other countries so it is comprehensible some of the stuff being sold here are marked up at higher prices.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Some time ago, it was mentioned that it is sometimes the attitude/approach of the some of the local dealers (some had a more 'colourful' description) was what made hifi so expensive in Malaysia. And this point was proven to me in the recent KLAVS. I met an acquaintance who just walked out of the dealer's room who was displaying Nagra amps. He complained to me about how dealers like that will eventually price the high-end out of common folks like him (to a humble person, being able to afford a RM25k Nagra amp is considered 'common'). This was because while he paid RM25k for his Nagra amp, the same model was being diaplayed in the show with a price tag of RM35k. How's that for 'inflation' ? Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Icon_lol

This is why I have been sticking with only a very few selected dealers for all of my purchases. Dealers whom I know charges very reasonably.

I remember another case where I was shopping for a used power amp. I found a post here in our h4s for-sale forum for the model I wanted for a certain price and quickly contacted the seller to register interest. So happened later the same day I was visiting the local dealer for the same brand with a friend (I have never visited them but my friend wants to audition their high-end amps and dragged me along). My friend casually mentioned that I was looking for this certain model but wanted a used unit since it was already replaced by newer versions. The dealer told me he knows of a customer who is selling his and made a phone call. He then came back and quoted me a 'special price, very cheap just because you are recommended by my very special customer over there'. And the price he quoted was almost RM2k higher than what was advertised in our H4S forum !!

But the story didn't end there. When I returned home that day and contacted the seller again, he told me that 'earlier today, my dealer called me and told me someone is interested, so you should decide fast if you are really interested !' Guess who that 'someone' is ?!! Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Icon_lol Where To Buy Carbon Fibre Cleaning Brush For LP For Less Than RM40 in Klang Valley?  Icon_lol

Luckily the seller was honourable and he gave me first priority since I asked first. I never did tell him that the 'other guy' who was interested via his dealer was me as well !!
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by acai Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:48 pm

acai
acai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.pelurudalamperahu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down