Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Naim Nac42.5

Go down

Naim Nac42.5  Empty Naim Nac42.5

Post by 1541 Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Naim Nac42.5 preamp from the PRAT kingdom Lagend.

Naim Nac42.5  5373-naim_NAC-42-pre

Over these years,i had almost collected all the vintage Naim pre except Nac52. I cracked the Nac32 success enough to say want to let go others one by one without regret.

42.5:音場較深,較溫暖, the 42.5 gives a deeper sound stage, with different instruments at different distances behind the speakers. It gives more of a sense of 3-dimensional space as it is easier to hear instruments interacting with the acoustic of the recording venue.Nac42.5 is more neutral ("natural") and makes better background music.

Nac72:The 72 gives a more immediate and compelling (exciting) sound, with a much better sense of timing and detail. It is usually easier (in comparison with the 32.5) to distinguish between different instruments and what they are doing individually. However, the sound stage is brought forward, with instruments appearing to be mainly in front of the speakers, with a shallower depth plane (the wall of sound effect). Upper tonal registers of instruments are also changed, for example, a harpsichord sounds more wooden than metalic.
In conclusion, the 72 makes you want to keep listening.

但72的音樂性真是會讓人耽溺,我喜歡72較82多一些,但若Nac42加上1台 DualTeddyCapMK3 我則不敢說!!

This is a seious hot rod sounding vintage machine..Still mint.
Sounds excellant when pair with HiCap.
Absolutely Bonkers[精神不正常的] with DualTeddyCapMKIII..

History: Done serviced by Naim factory on 2003[ has proof]

Looking RM1333[nego].

Last edited by 1541 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Naim Nac42.5  Empty Re: Naim Nac42.5

Post by 1541 Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm

This is a "SERVICED" Nac42.5 pre..Up for sale.

Those who want to pair it with NAP140... welcome to PM me . Its is a sweet combo. I also have Nac72 "Olive" may be you might be interested.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:31 am

If you cannot "tahan" the PRAT out of the current model ....

This is alternative solution..retain more of "SANSUI" character..although Naim is "world class sound"....that is only more attached to blackie..

I then re-naimed it as " Nirvana -Class analogue sound " ...some mis-intepreted as " Colored"...... this is the piece that giving you more "Balanced" rather than too much focused on PRAT[Blackie].

note: Use your ears to probe which one suits your "marathon" listening.

For shorterm Blast--the Black one is the only way to go..sunny

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Without a question the Naim Nac42.5 is a little great sounding pramp.
Part of the cunning Naim upgrade strategy always they make you run for thier external supply,but it really made the 42 swing and it goes perfectly with Kans..42/110 or 140 truly a classic combo,they are a good cute shoeboxe monster.certainly it would destroy nait 3/5 when volumn has crank up.
I think the 42.4/140 a perfect combo and I can see why people are fascinated by how good they sounds..The 42 is a very good preamp. It is just got better with HicAP ,and the best if you could fed him with a TeddyCap.Sure the TeddyCap will trounce even Naim SuperCap, but then the Teddycap is is more than double cheaper.

Nac42/DualTeddyCap beating Nac82 or Nac72/Hicap..i had tried these combination myself..Nac42/DualTeddycap has to be just about the best bang-for-the-ringgit, mega performer around,in my opinion,In some respect I prefer it to a Nac82/HiCap x2 but would welcome other onwers to step forward with their [ Nac82/SuperCap] and witnesses what a Nac42/DualTeddycap can lay them flat.

These are the summary.
Without a HiCap upgrade,you still manage to look through the windows which made of light tinted -glass..not able to guest and know what people are doing..they just appears to you as dot.
With a HiCap,you mange to look deeper into surrounding, you hear peoples conversation from far..you can see more spots

With DualTeddyCap,you can look through the windows without the precense of tinted glass & the glass itself has gone,then you sense a gust of wind and hear and understand peoples conversation as far as your sight could reached. Is that sounds amazing to you? The NAC42/DualTeddyCap is in fact a fantastic music machine-gun, firing at targets with high accuracy and all shoot becomes a lethal shot.

Naim Nac42.5  TeddyCap

Character sheet

Back to top Go down