Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Peggy Lee - The Man I Love LP

Go down

Peggy Lee - The Man I Love LP Empty Peggy Lee - The Man I Love LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Peggy Lee - The Man I Love

Label: Pure Pleasure Records
Genre: Jazz
Product No.: APPR 864
Category: 180 Gram Vinyl Record

"Based upon the diversity of music, quality of product and their extraordinary rate of progress, Pure Pleasure Records is our re-issue record company of the year."
- hi-fi+

"Recorded in mono, Pure Pleasure Records has re-mastered the tapes with unusual clarity and tone quality. The orchestra is full but nuanced and Lee's voice is mellow and alluring. Audiophile vinyl is the ideal medium for this genre." 4.5/5 — Robbie Gerson, Audiophile Audition

For her comeback to Capitol Records, Peggy Lee joined forces with long-time friend Frank Sinatra, who was then at the height of his popularity as a recording act. In these April 1957 sessions, Sinatra unofficially took on the role of producer. Officially, he was the conductor of all 12 performances.

Peggy Lee frequently discussed the scope of Sinatra's involvement in the production of the sessions and in the resulting album, which was aptly titled The Man I Love. The following comments have been pieced together from various sources, including Lee's autobiography: "He was my neighbor then, and came over and said, let's do an album ... That was Frank's idea, the whole thing. It was his entire production. He came over with a list of about 40 songs, and they were all excellent songs — gems, you know — and said, Just choose from this ... Bill Miller came over and set all the keys with me. Then Frank hired Nelson Riddle to write those lovely arrangements .... And then he had a beautiful orchestra. I thought that album probably would never pay for itself. But I always thought at the time, it doesn't make any difference; this is just so much fun .... And Frank did conduct ... he was following the score and he knew every note in there ... Frank thought of everything to the last detail, including putting menthol in my eyes so I'd have a misty look in the cover photograph ..."
Peggy Lee - The Man I Love LP 100x1010
Price:RM195
The vinyl shop 0321100584,0321439406
Sungei wang plaza

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down