Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Handbuild Minimalism M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold)

Go down

Handbuild Minimalism  M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold) Empty Handbuild Minimalism M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold)

Post by HiFiLab Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:22 am

Handbuild Minimalism  M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold) P1030135

Handbuild Minimalism  M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold) P1030136

Handbuild Minimalism  M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold) P1030137

Handbuild Minimalism  M7i Tube Pre Amplifier (Sold) P1030138

Made In Rumah Very Happy 

The circuit
The M7i is a derivative of the famous Marantz M7 preamp which attracted a cult following during its production run and has since ascended the throne of an audio legend. So much so, Marantz has even recently released a limited edition run of the same preamp together with the power amp, the Marantz 9.

The M7's line-stage, in case you didn't know, is based around three triode sections in cascade, with the last section in a cathode follower configuration.
This helps lower output impedance allowing the preamp to drive most loads comfortably. Most crucially, it will happily drive the lowish input impedance of most modern solid-state amps — something which many preamps from the golden days of tubes can't do.
The rest of the small signal circuitry used in the original M7 is not reproduced; not many people will find a use for the extensive tone controls these days, methinks.

There is a major change implemented in the M7i, and it's the use of a regulated solid state supply. Here, the HT is regulated using a combination of discrete and integrated linear voltage regulators. Even the heater voltage is regulated so that there's no AC running around in there.

Description For this unit:

HandBuild M7i with premium components
(Auricap, Kiwame, Step volume controller, etc) into an aluminium casing.

The preamp is completely silent. Included are 2 pair of JJ 12AX7 and 1 JJ 12AU7 tubes.

Only 1 X RCA input
and 2 X RCA output

Price: RM sold

Contact Simon Ting : 012-3612507

Last edited by HiFiLab on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sold)

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down