Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used)

Go down

Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used) Empty Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used)

Post by HiFiLab Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 am

Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used) 20140428

Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used) 20140429

Boothroyd Stuard Meridian 519 Hi-Fi Laser Demodulator (Used) 20140430

Made In England

Meridian 519 Demodulator; Inputs:1 Digital Optical, 1 Digital Coax, and 1 AC3 RF.
Output:1 Digital Optical and 1 Digital Coax.
Price:$695.00.
Weight:3.3 lb.
Dimensions:2.3"(H) x 9.7"(W) x 6.7"(D)
First, let me say that I think the 519 will probably be used by not only Meridian aficionados, but also by owners of other brands who opt to wait for DVD's digital output, and not to support the RF input.

On the 519, you connect the Digital output and the AC-3 output of your LD player into the respective inputs of the 519.

Then you connect the Digital output of the 519 to the input of your digital processor, in my case the 562V controller. The 519 detects the presence of an AC-3 signal, and if so, it sends the AC-3 bit-stream; otherwise it sends the PCM track of your LD (in digital form). 

The other function of this little box is to reduce jitter, which most LD players are extremely prone to. It also helps to cut down on the popping that the 565 has been reported to have.

The popping problem is due to the coax out on the LD being turned off instead of being muted when no signal is present. At $695.00, the 519 is a bit expensive, but when you look at what you pay just for some jitter reduction units, it is a super bargain.

If you want to do a side by side comparison of the AC-3 and PCM track, you need to bypass the coax input of the 519, and use a different input on the 562V or surround processor. When the 519 detects the AC-3 bit-stream, it only sends that signal. There are jumpers located inside the unit, but I have not used them.
   Once you are through showing all your friends the difference between AC-3 and Pro Logic, plug the coax back into the 519.

The improvement through jitter reduction is nothing short of amazing! The soundstage becomes more refined, and even more subtle nuances are revealed.

Price : RM 380
Contact Simon Ting 012-3612507

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down