Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Perfect Sound D-901 Headphone (Showroom Unit)

Go down

Perfect Sound D-901 Headphone (Showroom Unit) Empty Perfect Sound D-901 Headphone (Showroom Unit)

Post by steve126 Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:53 am

Perfect Sound D-901 Headphone (Showroom Unit) Img_1010

Perfect Sound D-901 Headphone
This is a product were I do not really know where to start on How about the price? These are 500 pounds, and I know your thinking you’ve reviewed products that are a lot more costly. Well then lets talk about the design. These are basically a chrome-plated pair of Beat by Dre Pro with a new headband. This is the only way to describe them, they share cups, pads and yokes with the infamous Beats but have a 200 pound price increase. It probably is not helped out by the fact that they are a closed back headphone as I am not a biggest fan of this type of headphones. That being said I do find that you have you cheaper, sub 300 pound closed backs that are very pleasant and I do still enjoy and then you have the 900 pound and up ranges where you can get the Beyerdynamic T5p and Fostex TH900, which are truly amazing headphones. In the middle of them price boundaries I think it is a not of no mans land, nothing is high end enough to compete with the big guns and a solid 300 pound offering normally does a lot less with the only headphone in the gap that I like being the Beyerdynamic T70. So truthfully this headphone would have to sound amazing to warrant even the slightest bit of excitement from it. 

The headphone also has a lot of design errors and problems, which I have shared with the makers to hopefully have been resolved by now but I have no idea if they have or not. Like the Beats Pros that I have once owned, both ear cups fold up. With the Beats Pros they would fold up backwards and rest on the back of your head. This worked, it was a feature I did use and understand the purpose of. With the D901s however the fold up in front of you, so they can rest nowhere and is straight up just a sill feature. Another thing is that the construction just does not feel tight and these make a horrible rattle when shaking them, when you head moves why wearing them or literally over means of this moving in the slightest way. I would not really say that the build quality was bad with these have an all metal construction that does not look like it will be breaking any soon but they were just not designed well or constructed tightly. The rattle is a real problem and can be heard over the music, it just gets in the way.

These are headphones that are clearly designed with a portable use in mind and this just makes the accessories included confusing. Instead of getting a much needed carrying case and maybe a selection of adapters you may need if on or a airplane for example you get a aluminum headphone stand. Don’t get me wrong I like the headphone stand, I use it for my HiFiMAN HE-500 and it certainly has proved handy but is well not what I want with the D901s.

As for comfort the new headband does help a lot from the original Beats design, which had horrible clamping. These still exert quite a clamping force but it is bearable for a bit more than the Beats. The pads are a bit stiff and sit on your ear and the all-metal design is both bulky and heavy.

Thankfully the headband is not the only think different between these and the Beats as these do have a different driver and sound better. In fact these do not sound that bad at all. That being said I would take a T70 over this every second of the day but I mean I can still listen to this without any true pain. They have a warm and smooth sound signature, dynamics are not great and there is a distinct lack of a good punch and impact across the board. There is thankfully not a too boosted bass and the bass is only a touch more present than the mids. The midrange is clearly heard and has a nice hint of air. The treble is quite withdrawn and you don’t have a lot sparkle or a great extension. The bass is extension is also lacking  in control and the overall headphone could do with some tightness. Soundstage is closed, nothing important to write up about and separation is not bad with nothing sound muddy exactly but instruments are not exactly distinctively in their own space. Details are not a pride and joy of this headphone but your do get some nicer moments and it is not a bad display.

Specifications
Ear Coupling           : Circumaural
Driver Type             : Dynamic
Driver Diameter       : 1.57 Inches (40mm)
Impedance @ 1KHz : 16Ohms
Weight                   : 13.93 Ounces (395Grams)
Connector Type      : 1/8-Inch (3.5mm)
Cord Length           : 4.26 Feets (1.3M)

Selling Price : RM2,820.00
Offer Price    : RM2,380.00

Steve Chua   (+6012.653.5703)
Jeremy Khor (+6010.374.7819)

CMY Audio & Visual S/B
S336,2nd Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Center (New Wing),
Bandar Utama, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,
Malaysia.

Email :     [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Website : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tel :  +603-7726 6893