Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Wireworld Oasis 7 Cable Loom Review

Go down

Wireworld Oasis 7 Cable Loom Review Empty Wireworld Oasis 7 Cable Loom Review

Post by alamdamai1 Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 am

Oasis 7 RCA Interconnect

This interconnect is replacing my Atlas Element Integra that is connected to a Marantz PM5004 in my 1st Flr living room system. Immediate results were very dramatic – stereo field becomes wider where sound now appears to be ‘lifted away’ from the speakers (ie. suspended in air), mid range is now ‘life-like’ where vocal and strings is reproduced accurately as though a real person / instrument are actually in the room, low & high-range was a bit muddled which indicated this cable requires at least 2 – 3 hrs of run-in.

After 3 - 4 hours….wow, bass and treble characteristics are now as good as the mids. With this integration, sound now becomes full bodied & dynamic plus warm when playing music…

In comparison the Element Integra, noticed Oasis 7 has superior noise rejection design where the Element Integra sounded bright for certain recordings (which is overcomed when I clip-on a split ferrite core) while the Oasis 7 do not display such character (ie. without the need to use ferrite core)…

PS – My PM5004 (with all of its internal cable connectors treated with Deoxit Gold) is connected to a Clearer Audio Copper Alpha Hub (also DIY treated with Deoxit Gold) via DIY Lapp Cable power cord with source from Marantz UD7007 employing an Audioquest NRG 2 power cord. Finally, the Oasis 7 RCA plugs had also been DIY applied with Deoxit Gold.

Oasis 7 Pro DIY Speaker Cable

This cable is replacing my DIY Wireworld Luna 7 which is connected to Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers with its immediate results were good where it enhances my new Oasis 7 interconnect characteristics which is smooth, wide stereo sound stage, dynamic, musical and warmth to a much greater degree. Sound accuracy is as real as you can get. 

In short, this cable loom is really synergistic where my humble PM5004 can give a run for my money to my main living room Cyrus & Naim bi-amping system!!!.

PS – The Oasis Pro stripped ends are applied with Deoxit Red and are DIY terminated with Nakamichi plugs which in turn had been applied with Deoxit Gold.

Finally, for DIY enthusiasts, the speaker cable outer sheath can be removed quite easily by carefully creating a circumferential nick but the cables insulation itself is quite hard to remove where you may need the assistance of a IC chip puller. Happy DIY’ing.

Wireworld Banana Plugs

Just discovered that speaker plugs also makes a difference!!!

Have brought these Wireworld plugs to replace my 'cheap and good' Nakamichi make where at initial connection, the mids have further improved but lows & highs sounds muffled which is typical for Wireworld products...

After running-in for an hour, oh boy...both ends opens up with increased & defined bass and clearer treble....

Honestly, did not really expected such surprising results where like they say, we get what we pay!!!...

For everyone info, it appears the plug diameter is a bit oversize where one requires great effort to insert them into the jacks where one needs the outer casing to help out in this regard...

Hence, some Amazon sellers are just selling the Wireworld plugs without the outer casing where i think they are meant for soldering and not using the single grub screw to terminate... 

Last edited by alamdamai1 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added review for Wireworld Banana Plugs)

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down