Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver)

Go down

Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver) Empty Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver)

Post by superfi Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm

For sale here is the excellent Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player. Made in England. Good value for money and a bargain buy claim from some reviewers.

Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver) Planet10

General description:
The Planet 2000 is housed in the Rega custom built extruded aluminium case with the new top loading lid assembly. It uses the same circuit topology as the original Planet but with improvements in the Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC), power supply and coupling capacitors. The DAC is based around the custom built IC40 DAC chip. The Planet 2000 uses the same RADS conversion stage as the original Planet and has an extra power supply for the digital section of the DAC. The Planet 2000 has a toroidal transformer with separate windings for the display and audio stages. It uses a high performance CDM145BL-5BD25 kit with an improved display and a better level of user functionality.

Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver) Planet11
Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver) Dett_p10
Pictures borrowed from http://www.audiocostruzioni.com .. 

Some user reviews taken from audioreview.com ..

"Had this player for about 15 years and its just come back from Rega after its first repair. I'm not complaining about this as it has been switched on for most of that time, so I could use it whenever, and not have to wait for it to warm up. I am really pleased with this player, it blew the others out of the water when I had a listening test at my local HiFi shop. To me it is like listening in 3D, with voices and instruments sounding separate to each other and also with a depth that makes them real, and not a flat drawing."

"Detailed, accurate, clear, crisp."

"This player came up on an auction site, but I'd only occasionally heard of the Rega brand. Having looked up the reviews from various sources (Audioreview very helpful, as usual), I was curious enough to try it out. I have a much younger Audiolab 8200CD which is superb at its price point. But wow, the Rega Planet 2000 gave it quite a run for its money! The 8200 has a richer sound, more depth and a wider sound stage, but the way that the Rega picks out detail and it's fine musicality makes it a very entertaining and engaging listen. If you can pick up a good example second hand, it's worth taking a chance. I doubt that you'll [won't] be disappointed. It has earned a long term place in my system. Very highly recommended."

If you do not want to take their words for it, then by all means bring your CDs and come audition it in our showroom!

Technical specifications:
Digital Outputs: Coaxial digital, optical digital
Analog Outputs:  Single-ended via RCA
Power: Toroidal mains transformer, detachable AC cord (cord not included, but can be provided)
DAC: Rega 24-bit Sigma Delta IC40 DAC, 24-bit converter with 64 level sigma delta DAC design, three stage linear phase FIR filter followed by a 16x over-sampled linear interpolator.
Enclosure: Extruded aluminum, Rega VCS case isolation system
Other: RADS conversion stage, CD Text Display, Solar Wind remote control

Price: RM 1700 (nego)
Condition: 7.5/10 (reads well and no skips or other laser issues)

Visit us at Amcorp Mall for an audition, at Lot 2-23 (2nd floor) - or call (Greg/George) for inquiries. Whatsapp - 011-39300083 / 012-2955266

Last edited by superfi on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
superfi
superfi
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver) Empty Re: Rega Planet 2000 CD-Player w/ Remote (Silver)

Post by superfi Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:07 pm

bump.
superfi
superfi

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down