Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player

Go down

Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player Empty Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player

Post by richardloh Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:48 pm

Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player 20240712

Used Item.
MSRP RM22000.
Asking for RM8500. RM6900 .

RM6500 only .

The most prominent sound characteristic of the SA50 was so obvious before the first 5 minutes was up. It was SMOOTH, SMOOTH, SMOOTH... I declare this Esoteric as the smoothest sounding player that I have ever heard in my system. It was like hot-knife-cutting-through-butter smooth, the sonic texture was so creamy and fine. Where is the disjointed digital sound? Where are the digital artifacts? There was none to be found.

The Esoteric SA-50's treble was extended and airy, always non-offensive. The mid had natural body, vocal was slightly more 'youthful' than in my experience with a few other players, Ella Fitzgerald shedded a few pounds and Shelby Lynne was a couple of years younger. It is a different perspective, one that eschewed any heaviness in the sound. Bass was strong, deep, and well defined, though some other may outsmart the Esoteric SA-50 in terms of punchiness.

All in all, it is refinement to the fore, rubbish to the back for the Esoteric SA-50. It always dug up the beauty in the music to present. With my CDs, the Mozart symphonies and all vocal music came through beautifully. The Esoteric SA-50 never sounded hurried, it teased out all the musical strands and presented them to you in a natural way. I found that switching to the FIR filter could add a wee bit more rhythmic drive to the SA-50, but I also lost some naturalness. Well, the fact that you can fine tune is already a plus.

On George Winston's piano pieces, instead of highlighting the piano's attack, the SA-50 focused more on presenting the nuances and the decay of the notes, the acoustic space was also presented more clearly and more prominently. On my harder hitting stuff such as chinese drum music, you can probably find some others sounding more dynamic, but the SA-50 on its own was already no slouch, it was very good in fact. However, in one area the Esoteric SA-50 would be unbeatable, that was the portrayal of the different shadings and the spread-in-the-air quality of each drum beat.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/esoteric-sa-50.35640/

Whatsapp 01three-323two333 Mr. Loh

Last edited by richardloh on Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Price edited)

richardloh
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2019-05-22

Back to top Go down

Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player Empty Re: Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player

Post by richardloh Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:19 pm

Bump

richardloh
Club Member
Club Member